Metal Storm logo
Imperanon

31.07.2006 - 22:28
Veertje

Fane and I noticed there is no thread for this band, so i opened one. Tell us what you think of the band
do you think they copy Children Of Bodom? Personally, i don't think so, i've downloaded a sample of Stained, and what i heard certainly sounds like CoB, but i don't think they copy them any more than Norther are said to do.
by the way, does somebody know where to buy their album Stained? not the japanese version or something, but standard one. i found it on several internetshops but they all say they don't have it in stock anymore
31.07.2006 - 23:37
thefadedline

I always use www.play.com because they do free delivery and the prices are nice, but I don't know if they ship outside of the UK but it's worth a look.

Amazon should definately have it. And if not you can still order it and they will send a copy out to you as soon as they get them in. Either that or try eBay?

I have never heard this band but if they sound anything like CoB/Norther then they were worth checking out, so cheers!
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
31.07.2006 - 23:48
Veertje

thanks, i'll try those sites
01.08.2006 - 00:08
UnholyMenace
Psycho
I have their Stained album. Im not saying it is very good but cant say it is all that bad either. Musically they are indeed very similar to Children of Bodom, but I dont think that they copy it 100% - they still have this something that make them slightley different. But of course the main part - especially the guitar work - is definitely very similar to CoB and thanks to it the album lacks of originality. But I kindal liked the song Hollow Man they made with Thunderstone singer Pasi Rantanen - definitely one of the best songs from this album. Every power metal fan should check them out - not anything new, but worth listening nevertheless.
01.08.2006 - 19:19
Fane

Magere: Thanks from this thread!

From that copying thing I think they dont copy. And they dont sound like Bodom at all. You see it if you have Bodoms Follow the Reaper album (best from them) and Stained. Compare Follow the Reaper and Blade songs. Bodom isnt so melodic like Imperanon is.
To Norther is almost same thing, but vocals are more same. And maybe music too.
Well of course they sound same because of same sound and all of them are from Finland!

Debut album Stained is one hell of good album. Just wait what they bring in future.
Favourite songs would be Memories to Dust, Sold and Jos jotain yrittää (Harva meistä on rautaa). This is cover from one very well knowed song in Finland. I laughed so much when I first time heard this

Well here is one link where can get Stained. Put to Searchbox Imperanon and thats all. Stupid can do it too
http://www.cdon.com/main.phtml?navroot=906
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
01.08.2006 - 21:28
Veertje

*stands totally surprised* you actually have to be 18 to order there oO wich means i'll need to talk my dad into registering or waiting 4 months. but i will order there, because they also have CD's of Cryptic Wintermoon
02.08.2006 - 01:42
Fane

Good. I like that shop. There is much good music, movies and games.
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
26.11.2006 - 14:23
muerbi
Account deleted
i think imperanon should be added to metalstorm bandlist...
is there a way to achieve this?
22.07.2007 - 15:31
Thryce
Retired Staff
Sad news guys. Imperanon have called it quits!

A statement at their MySpace reads as follows:
"Sadly, the guys from Imperanon have decided to call it a day and lay the band to rest. I think I speak for many people when I wish them all the best for whatever path they may choose to follow in the future. R.I.P. - The Great Imperanon (1999 - 2007)."

Rumour has it they split up apparently after Nuclear Blast would not renew their contract and since members are involved in other bands.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.07.2007 - 01:17
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
A long time ago I didn't listen a very good band of Extreme Power, although they also have certain Neoclassic "airs". They formed in 1999. In 2002 they published their first demo "Until The End". In 2003 released their second Demo called "Imperanon". In 2004 they present their first work "Stained", Amazing album !!! This band promised to become one of the best bands, to the height of Children Of Bodom or Norther. Before then Disbanded (pitifully), they released a Demo with 5 tracks.
25.07.2007 - 05:25
Mustis
Account deleted
Imperanon its a great band, its almost like Children Of Bodom but they make great music. Its a shame that they disbanded because they could be one of the greatest bands of melodic death ever:banger2:
25.07.2007 - 20:34
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
Hey, three songs of the latest Demo are downloadable on Imperanon's website.

http://www.Imperanon.com/
16.04.2009 - 23:12
Janne
Hugin
Huh I just discovered this band after Norther announced their new singer will be Aleksi. I wanted to hear his vocals so I downloaded their demos and album. Aaaand it's fucking kick ass. I love their stuff so much! Too bad they have disbanded..
But if the new Norther will be similar to Imperanon I'll like them even better!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
21.04.2009 - 01:23
Symmachus

I have never heard of this band before. They seem like they're worth checking out. It sucks that they split up.
25.04.2009 - 15:52
Janne
Hugin
Written by Symmachus on 21.04.2009 at 01:23

I have never heard of this band before. They seem like they're worth checking out. It sucks that they split up.

If you like Norther you'll like Imperanon too! I suggest everybody to check them out!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
25.04.2009 - 18:19
Fubar

Written by Veertje on 31.07.2006 at 22:28

Fane and I noticed there is no thread for this band, so i opened one. Tell us what you think of the band
do you think they copy Children Of Bodom? Personally, i don't think so, i've downloaded a sample of Stained, and what i heard certainly sounds like CoB, but i don't think they copy them any more than Norther are said to do.
by the way, does somebody know where to buy their album Stained? not the japanese version or something, but standard one. i found it on several internetshops but they all say they don't have it in stock anymore

I'm just gonna say, they're called genres for a reason. I would have to say Children of Bodom is by far one of my favorite bands of all time, and I listen to Imperanon and Norther as well. Granted, I started listening to both for they're similar style to CoB. But like I said it is a genre, so they should sound a like. However, on a side note, I am a fan of the harpsichord that Imperanon integrates into most of there songs.
----
25.04.2009 - 23:41
Symmachus

Written by Janne on 25.04.2009 at 15:52

Written by Symmachus on 21.04.2009 at 01:23

If you like Norther you'll like Imperanon too! I suggest everybody to check them out!

I do enjoy Norther, so I probably will enjoy this band. Thanks for that tip.