Kyuss/Welcome To Sky Valley
...And The Circus Leaves Town
Blues For The Red Sun
Wretch

Total votes: 17
12.01.2010 - 22:23
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Kyuss need no introduction. The band that made what we call stoner rock and desert rock and kicked out all of those grooving psychedelic low-end laden jams, and a band that would lead to a host of other projects being formed, most notable being Queens of the Stone Age.

My favorite is "Welcome to Sky Valley." I hate calling it the self-titled because the other name describes the feeling of this album so much better. This is probably my favorite album ever by any band and I constantly listen to it. Favorite tracks are Gardenia, Demon Cleaner, and the amazing, acid-tinged reflectivity of Space Cadet, without a doubt one of the best songs ever written.
12.01.2010 - 22:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Kyuss is my favourite because it flows so extremely well and all the elements just click together. And I totally love the way the Scott Reeder's bass and Brant Björk's drums interact. Scott Reeder is a huge improvement over Nick Oliveri on the two previous albums. Btw, I also really enjoy Blues For The Red Sun (which is my second fav album by them) and ...And The Circus Leaves Town some great tracks, such as El Rodeo, but also some filler) Somehow I still can't get into Wretch at all
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.01.2010 - 00:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
It's impossible for me to pick my second favorite between Blues for The Red Sun and ...And The Circus Leaves Town. They're different, but both on the same level for me, and both each have particular standout tracks that are my favorite Kyuss songs, the two being 50 Million Year Trip (Downside Up) and Phototropic. I also think that Brant Bjork was far superior to Alfredo Hernandez in the drum department.
13.01.2010 - 07:15
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Kyuss is probably my favorite band in general. Blues for the Red Sun, Welcome to Sky Valley, and ...And the Circus Leaves Town are perfect albums, so trying to vote for one is extrememly hard. I think I'll vote for Welcome to Sky Valley (S/T) just because it got me through some hard times last Summer, plus Demon Cleaner (and the accoustic song before it) are some of my favorite songs ever.
13.01.2010 - 10:03
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
I chose ...And Circus Leaves the Town because it has the songs Phototropic and One Inch Man on it. These are my favorite Kyuss songs, the first having maybe the most inspiring lyrics ever written. Actually, both Blues for the Red Sun and Welcome to Sky Valley are more coherent albums but the fragmentary nature of their last one is actually quite attractive, making it sound like a deconstructed version of their earlier albums.

Kyuss is one of the most dearest bands for me and I'm sure it will stay that way. Their sound can't be recreated.
13.01.2010 - 10:35
MetalFang
Account deleted
Welcome To Sky Valley. It just flows like water, and has some really beautiful music on it. It's light, heavy and atmospheric all at once. And Whitewater might have one of their heaviest riffs ever.
13.01.2010 - 13:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I havnt listen band long , but as far I remeber my fav albums was Wretch and Blues for the Red Sun even secend I prefere more, so i vote for it because ''Green Machine'' was awesome song, if I remeber correct beeing litle kido I liked this video in MTV so , years ago i liked thet album , more how first, but litle bit
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.01.2010 - 18:32
elekctric
I love all of their albums ... so this was hard but Circus was the first one I ever heard and that is what I am going with
16.02.2012 - 23:24
Sonic MrSumo
Written by elekctric on 21.01.2010 at 18:32

I love all of their albums ... so this was hard but Circus was the first one I ever heard and that is what I am going with

My thoughts exactly!
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
16.02.2012 - 23:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Blues For The Red Sun has pretty much always been mine. I picked it up back in '94/95 or so and loved songs like Green Machine.

Kyuss was perhaps slightly hindered by whatever process caused the entire album to be recorded as 3 songs. that gets annoying.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.02.2012 - 00:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 16.02.2012 at 23:30
Kyuss was perhaps slightly hindered by whatever process caused the entire album to be recorded as 3 songs. that gets annoying.

Well, it wasn't an accident... They wanted it that way it seems. I would have liked to have all the songs connected though.
I haven't heard The Circus or Wretch so I can't vote right now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to vote for the s/t anyway. Massive music and the bass is aw god...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.02.2012 - 00:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
S/T, without hesitation. I think Marcey pretty much summed it up perfectly.
17.02.2012 - 01:21
JD
Account deleted
ATCLT got my vote. I did enjoy Wretch, and Kyuss though.
18.02.2012 - 12:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 17.02.2012 at 00:20

S/T, without hesitation. I think Marcey pretty much summed it up perfectly.

it's mister Marcey to you
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2012 - 14:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.02.2012 at 12:44

it's mister Marcey to you

Tee hee