Metal Storm logo
Mithras

17.05.2006 - 15:30
Bas
Retired Staff
I suppose most people here on metalstorm wont know this band, but if you are a fan of brutal deathmetal you should definately check them out, as they are one of the best bands in this genre,
you can download a few of their songs here:
http://www.mithras.org.uk
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
17.05.2006 - 21:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I know them, got introduced by them through Blood Red Moon, and I suppose you too, right?

Anyway, I love them. They are great.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.07.2006 - 17:27
Bas
Retired Staff
today i ordered myself one of their shirts

front:

back:
----
18.07.2006 - 02:26
Daru Jericho

FAL is more brutal than their other album. Still, the band are good and very very speedy to say the least!

And nice tshirt, Bas
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

31.07.2006 - 17:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Dammit, they should be on the first page!

Bas2, awesome t-shirt man! 'For I Am The Wrath Of God'! Hell Yeah!
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
31.07.2006 - 19:00
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i used tothink they were awesome butkind of lost interest. still one of the best death metal bands around at present though.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
01.08.2006 - 18:52
Stigmatized
They are good. I have Worlds Beyond the Veil which I recieved from Bas2. Good album but the production has a very strange sound to it.
02.08.2006 - 23:05
thanatos_7

Definately one of the best british Technical Death Metal bands. Amazing guitar solos and impressive drums.:dcool:
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
05.08.2006 - 01:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
*digging up, digging up.. lalalalala..*

OMG! I have the t-shirt too. Bas, I love you pal!

More people need to hear this.
----

01.10.2006 - 20:52
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Thank you, Bas, for recommending this band to me! I just listened throught their album "Forever Advancing... Legions" today and I plan on listening to "Worlds Beyond The Veil" tomorrow. "Forever..." is so brilliant! The melodies are catchy, yet technical, and the songs are so remarkable in structure. There are even some songs that sound like a live album; it sounds so broad and monumental. This album sounds simply amazing and everyone should buy it.

Well, I think that's enough ass-kissing from me for one day.
01.10.2006 - 20:59
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Just wait till tomorrow, when you listen to 'Worlds Beyond The Veil'.
----

01.10.2006 - 21:15
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Guest on 01.10.2006 at 20:52

I plan on listening to "Worlds Beyond The Veil" tomorrow

There are even some songs that sound like a live album

This album sounds simply amazing and everyone should buy it.

dont expect it to sound the same, or even remotely simialar, it's something completely different, really dreamy soundscapes and awesome ambiant instrumental parts, the guitar has a really "spacey" sound to it, you'll feel yourself drifting off to worlds beyond the veil (yeah the albumname does reflect the content extremely well )

as to some songs sounding like live, are you by chance referring to arena sands?
it has soundclips of a cheering coloseum crowd in it (about 40'000 people!) because it's something so big it took me really long till i got what it was

as to the last part i quoted, all i can say is,
yes indeed
----
02.10.2006 - 00:02
Daru Jericho

They should tour more often...especially in their home country.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

02.10.2006 - 00:27
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
You know what, I couldn't wait until tomorrow to listen to their "World Beyond The Veil" album, so I listened to it today! Here was my reaction after listening to the first 10 seconds: "holy shit!" The first song on the album was terrifying. Think of all your fears, all your nightmares, and placed them all into one song. And I agree with Bas in that the guitar sounds make you feel like you are drifting in space. The last time that happened to me was when I first listened to Morbid Angel's "Gateways to Annihilation". I usually don't say this much about any band, but I can't wait to hear their next album.
02.10.2006 - 01:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
FAL is one of my favorite death metal albums. I bought it not too long ago without ever hearing them before, and I was completely shocked. Their drummer has got to be one of the best out there.
02.10.2006 - 14:04
Bas
Retired Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 02.10.2006 at 01:28

FAL is one of my favorite death metal albums. I bought it not too long ago without ever hearing them before, and I was completely shocked. Their drummer has got to be one of the best out there.

and dont forget that he plays the drums since only 4 years on that album and never had any lessons,
now imagine how awesome the next album will be, with Leon having almost twice as much drumming experience as when FAL was released, you're drooling now? yah, me too
----
02.10.2006 - 23:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Holy shit!!! Is he some sort of savant or something?
03.10.2006 - 13:21
Bas
Retired Staff
he's a genius

and dont forget that the drumkit isnt his only instrument, he also does the guitar, and he did the bassguitar on the mithras demos and the imperator (pre-mithras) stuff aswell

cant wait till the new album will be released (early 2007)
----
13.10.2006 - 22:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Both of their albums, for not so high prices on www.displeasedrecords.nl

If I would not be so damn broke.
----

15.10.2006 - 08:00
Herzebeth

Worlds Beyond the Veil was cool..that was the first album I heard from them sadly..but damn it Forever Advancing was totally insane, that one is their masterpiece IMO...but I seriously think we need new material as their older stuff worned-off a little, 3 years is way to much for my taste...
----
15.10.2006 - 11:38
Bas
Retired Staff
it's coming... early 2007....
----
15.10.2006 - 22:31
Herzebeth

Written by Bas on 15.10.2006 at 11:38

it's coming... early 2007....

That's awesome news..do you happen to know the label where they will release the album?
----
23.10.2006 - 15:52
Baz Anderson

i got a hold of their first album thanks to the constant badgering from Bas2. hahaha
i am glad i did though, this is really good stuff. this album is very brutal indeed
i am interested to hear their other album now, the one people are saying isnt really that brutal..

EDIT: ive just found out they are from England - thats even better
25.10.2006 - 18:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
@Baz

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

I just read that.. after I ordered their albums.. and guess who constantly told me to buy them.

I am glad I did it though. I hope to receive them ASAP, it is some serious good stuff.
----

26.10.2006 - 14:09
Baz Anderson

haha yes indeed! i have lsitened to their first album quite a bit. its very good indeed
i still havent heard the follow-up to that album though - i am still very interested to though - but theres nowhere on the internet i can listen to any of it, not where i have looked anyway. maybe ill have a more in depth look later
26.10.2006 - 16:00
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Have you got SoulSeek? I'll be happy to send you the album if you do..

My nickname over there is Extreme Metalhead.

You can also add me to MSN, my msn-adress is: lucasruijs@home.nl.
----

26.10.2006 - 19:43
Baz Anderson

i dont have soulseek on this computer
i will add you on msn though!!
im getting quite a collection of people's msn addresses from this site now
(im set as offline for the moment - im doing some other stuff too)
26.10.2006 - 19:46
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Hehe, yeah me too.

I'll see you online soon, I hope.
----

26.10.2006 - 20:04
Baz Anderson

yeh - i might be on later tonight, but if not - and i am not on tomorrow, i might not be on for a while
tomorrow night i am going to a 'secret' Saxon show!!!
and the next day i am going on a huge train journey to London for Emperor!!!
haha, i have a busy next few days
26.10.2006 - 22:18
Bas
Retired Staff
i can send you the whole second album aswell if you want, its not half as good as the first though, but still very good, very original with alot of ambiant parts in it
----