Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Enter The Studio

Original news, published on 15.01.2010

In an interview with Noisecreep, Children Of Bodom frontman Alexi Laiho, told that the band is in the process of writing new material for their upcoming album, scheduled to be released in late 2010/early 2011.

"We're gonna start writing music and hopefully we'll be able to take some time so we can come up with some really cool songs. I already have a bunch of new riffs that I'm happy with, so hopefully we'll just keep being productive."

Children of Bodom have studio time booked for early summer, which should give them at least five months to write the new material. "We're doing three shows in Finland in April, but other than that we're just going to be working really hard, so there won't be much happening until we're done with the record," Laiho further adds.

UPDATE (thanks to Windrider)

Official press release

Children Of Bodom, the esteemed Finnish Heavy Metal band that features frontman and modern day guitar hero Alexi Laiho has entered Hollola, Finland's Petrax Studios to begin work on its as-yet-untitled seventh studio album. Children Of Bodom has enlisted famed rock producer Matt Hyde (Slayer, Monster Magnet) to oversee the new recording and will remain in the studio through late September.

"We're very excited to let everyone hear what we're creating with this new record," said the band in a statement. "Everything you love about Children Of Bodom has been magnified tenfold and we're pushing ourselves harder than ever before. Expect nothing less than the perfect storm!"

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 21.08.2010 by T0w4rdsD34d3nd

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 407 users
15.01.2010 - 19:24
erykk

No other Blooddrunk please
----
Open your eyes
15.01.2010 - 19:29
In Bone Factory

Have a bunch of new riffs!!!

hope so.
----
The End Is Nigh ...
15.01.2010 - 19:29
Uller

I dont expect another follow, but i hope this one is better than the last two
----
15.01.2010 - 19:31
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by erykk on 15.01.2010 at 19:24

Yeah, anything but that, lets go back to some Are You Dead Yet?
15.01.2010 - 19:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I hope they're not going to suck this time round too, i didn't find Blooddrunk too bad but it's shit compared to their first 3 albums
15.01.2010 - 20:39
Tunafish

Hmm, let's see what they'll make of it this time. Hopefully something more FTR/Hatebreeder-like:cool:
----
Good, better, best, me.
15.01.2010 - 21:54
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
All pending on how drunk and uncontributive alexi is.
15.01.2010 - 22:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Uh...yeah, I couldn't be more thrilled...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
15.01.2010 - 23:08
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Guest on 15.01.2010 at 19:31

No, let's go back to anything remotely close to the awesomeness of Something Wild, Hatebreeder, and Follow the Reaper, please and thank you! (yeah, some of HCDR too I guess).

Prolly not gonna happen, though. I'm tired of hoping for these guys.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
15.01.2010 - 23:22
Classic Bob G

My favorite album of theirs is by far Hate Crew Death Roll. Just my own personal favorite.

I'd like a lot of energy, some new interesting riffs, catchy melody guitar parts, so more of the same, but maybe something new here or there.

Here's hoping.
15.01.2010 - 23:22
Classic Bob G

My favorite album of theirs is by far Hate Crew Death Roll. Just my own personal favorite.

I'd like a lot of energy, some new interesting riffs, catchy melody guitar parts, so more of the same, but maybe something new here or there.

Here's hoping.
15.01.2010 - 23:57
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Lemme guess.....they drank out all their millions and now they wanna create another shit-fest album catered for 12 year olds. At least they now know their demographic...
16.01.2010 - 00:08
Rozz

Its to late people, they been amricaized they wont be coming back there glory days are over
16.01.2010 - 00:32
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 15.01.2010 at 19:31

I'd be happy with another AYDY, although anothe Follow The Reaper would be awesome.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
16.01.2010 - 00:45
Rose Of Nemesis

Awesome!
16.01.2010 - 01:11
Metal Maiden
Megadead
The last one was a HUGE improvement over Are You Deaf Yet (speaking of which, could someone explain to me why would they want to come back to their greatest failure...), so the fanboy in me still has faith in them, for the time being...Of course, a return to the older sound would be too much to ask...right...
16.01.2010 - 01:18
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Their new stuff should be like, Something Wild, or Hatebreeder. Just Evil and Heavy..... Keep It Metal !!!
----
Chef Metal Head
16.01.2010 - 01:24
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Cosidering how crap, dissapointing and shitty, 'blooddrunk' is, I would be happy if it souns like AYDY?, even though that album is pale and average compared to anything as awesome as their first 4 masterpieces.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
16.01.2010 - 01:45
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Somehow i am not expecting any breakdown
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

16.01.2010 - 01:45
Throne

They will never go back to Something Wild, being my personal favorite, because it was a totally a Yngwie Malmsteen circle jerk. I used to think alexi was the most excited upcoming guitarist, however, now is a different story. I see them live everytime they roll through town and I'm that DB that yells "SOMETHING WILD!!" It will never happen. However, if they can ditch the new repetative style they have grown to write, I'll be the first in line to welcome them back into my list of current favs, however, CoB will always remain the first act that turned me towards melodic metal. Write music about some important shit CoB!
16.01.2010 - 01:52
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Like the hopeful blind man would say: ''We'll see... we'll see...''
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
16.01.2010 - 02:22
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
They might sell out. I sure hope they don't go that way...
----
Chef Metal Head
16.01.2010 - 04:09
mutha

Hoping something better than blooddrunk, give me something wild :p
16.01.2010 - 04:33
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
COB STEP YER GAME UP. make this a good one.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.01.2010 - 19:22
Nexus
Asshat
I disliked Blooddrunk, but man, I would honestly prefer they do something along those lines than spew out another hock of shit like Are You Dead Yet? (safe two, MAYBE three decent songs). I think it's too much wishful thinking that they'd recapture any glory from their three earlier albums. We'd be lucky if they integrated any elements involving their fourth (Note: Even if I'm not super hot on HCDR, that album deserves merits simply for dishing out Needled 24/7, which is still one of the sickest songs I've heard in my life).
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
17.01.2010 - 01:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
I like all their albums but of course LOVE the Hatebreeder to Hate Crew Deathroll period. Not expecting something like that but a little more keyboards on the next album would be nice.
----
17.01.2010 - 01:38
Svneatr
Vitharr
They just have to not saturate their music in the studio and they'll be fine (I hope). Their last 2 have sounded "round" rather then the sharper "Follow". I have hopes, but I don't know how much longer I can sit and wait for an amazing album from them.
17.01.2010 - 12:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Rozz on 16.01.2010 at 00:08

Its to late people, they been amricaized they wont be coming back there glory days are over

Amricaized? Are you just making up words now?
----
- George Carlin
17.01.2010 - 22:36
DevilHunter330

A new COB album
this iz going 2 be AWESOME 4 sure
13.02.2010 - 11:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by CHEF METALHEAD on 16.01.2010 at 02:22

They might sell out. I sure hope they don't go that way...

Sell out? They've been marketed for quite a few years now...I can't see how it could get much more accessible...

In similar news, I sure hope The Rolling Stones don't get famous.
----
- George Carlin

Hits total: 6431 | This month: 1