Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - More Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 16.01.2010

More details are surfacing regarding the upcoming Avantasia double album The Wicked Symphony / Angel Of Babylon. The album will see a April 3, 2010 release date, and will be released as two separate albums, as well as in one box set as limited deluxe edition. Cover artwork for both albums was created by Thomas Ewerhard - known from his work for Edguy's Hellfire Club and Avantasia's The Scarecrow.

A list of confirmed guest musicians is shaping up as follows:

• Klaus Meine (Scorpions)
  • Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iced Earth)
  • Eric Singer (KISS, Alice Cooper)
  • Michael Kiske (Helloween)
  • Jorn Lande (Masterplan, Ark, Millenium)
  • Bob Catley (Magnum)
  • Sascha Paeth
  • Felix Bohnke (Edguy)
  • Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody Of Fire, Sieges Even)
  • Russell Allen (Symphony X)
  • Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen)
  • André Matos (Angra, Shaaman, Viper)
  • Bruce Kulick (KISS, Grand Funk Railroad)
  • Cloudy Yang
  • Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann)

UPDATE (thanks to Kallis Helmi)

On April 3, Avantasia will return with a new epic in two chapters, The Wicked Symphony and Angel Of Babylon. The tracklistings for each album are as follows:

The Wicked Symphony [cover art] tracklist:

01. The Wicked Symphony
    02. Wastelands
    03. Scales Of Justice
    04. Dying For An Angel
    05. Blizzard On a Broken Mirror
    06. Runaway Train
    07. Crestfallen
    08. Forever Is A Long Time
    09. Black Wings
    10. States Of Matter
    11. The Edge

Angel Of Babylon [cover art] tracklist:

01. Angel Of Babylon
    02. Stargazers
    03. Your Love Is Evil
    04. Death Is Just A Feeling
    05. Rat Race
    06. Down In The Dark
    07. Blowing Out The Flame
    08. Symphony Of Life
    09. Alone I Remember
    10. Promised Land (Part 2)
    11. Journey To Arcadia

Source: tobiassammet.com
    Band profile: Avantasia
  • Posted: 08.02.2010 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 36   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 312 users
    10.02.2010 - 15:38
    Lord_Regnier

Written by corrupt on 09.02.2010 at 09:06

And who can blame them considering today's CD prices and and the fact that you buy a pig in a poke everytime you don't know the album in advance. Man was I disappointed when I bought The Scarecrow. ( I only did it because Tobias was signing CD's at the record store that day anyway, anyone interested in a signed Scarecrow? ). The fact that many people download today is mostly the the artist's and maybe to some extend the record companies fault. If they were more careful about what to actually release (quality-wise), one could more easily buy something just for having heard about it (or for liking the cover, which I admit I did once or twice). But this project reeks of being a money-well and I blame nobody who's suspicious of that.

Indeed, crap is everywhere nowadays. It's very hard to find new albums that worth listening to.
    Quality is really a problem with metal music in general these days. You have to listen to albums in advance, even if it's from a band you really like, because you never know when the band will start to suck. (my opinion is every band starts to suck at some point)
    ----
    "Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
    10.02.2010 - 16:38
    Destiny

Also don't forget that Jon Oliva is present in the albums. Kiske and Oliva in one album is **** great.:banger:
    ----
    www.av-studio.org http://www.av-studio.org
    10.02.2010 - 17:24
    Lord_Regnier

Written by Destiny on 10.02.2010 at 16:38

Also don't forget that Jon Oliva is present in the albums. Kiske and Oliva in one album is **** great.:banger:

Kiske sucks nowadays.
    ----
    10.02.2010 - 21:17
    Fat & Sassy!

Written by Lord_Regnier on 10.02.2010 at 15:25

There were supposed to be only two Avantasia albums and it should have stayed like that.
    All sammet did with "The Scarecrow" is using the name to make more money with shitty cock rock for girls that has nothing to do with the original Avantasia.

Honest of him? Fuck off. The honest way to do it would have been to release this commercial crap under another name.

Indeed. I'm not against an artist changing their style of music a bit to keep things creative and fresh... but based off of what Tobi has done and is doing to Edguy and Avantasia... I'd be concerned about his intentions as a musician and a businessman. :/

In other words, I'm SORTA agreeing with you, Regnier. Which has never happened before. XD
    10.02.2010 - 23:46
    Lord_Regnier

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.02.2010 at 21:17

Indeed. I'm not against an artist changing their style of music a bit to keep things creative and fresh... but based off of what Tobi has done and is doing to Edguy and Avantasia... I'd be concerned about his intentions as a musician and a businessman. :/

He turned both bands into commercial crap who exist only for money and not to create good metal music + he is an arrogant douchebag who deserves a solid kick in his gay ass.
    I despise him even more than Joey DeMaio.
    ----
    12.02.2010 - 05:30
    insanity.peppers

The amount of butthurt in this page is incredible.

Long live Tobi!

Hits total: 5734 | This month: 13