Metal Storm logo
Krautrock

18.01.2010 - 22:25
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Whoa! No krautock topic yet? Kinda odd. For those not already in the know, Krautrock emerged from Germany (hence the "kraut") in the late '60s and continued to grow in popularity through the '70s. The music can be hard to describe, but often it took influences from prog rock, psychedelia, classical music, and even world music. In one word, it was experimental for its time, incorporating a variety of influences.

The krautrock band that I love most, by far, is Can. They released three masterpieces in particular which are amongst the best albums of the '70s, these being Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future Days. Other noteworthy acts that fall under krautrock include the spaced-out Ash Ra Tempel, Faust, Tangerine Dream, Neu!, and Amon Düül II.

Anyone else enjoy this genre a lot?
19.01.2010 - 23:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ok, Krautrock isn't exactly my cup of tea (or maybe I should try more) but Ege Bamyasi is awesome, shame Tago Mago hasn't the same effect on me.

As an off-topic note: your avatar is great, that album is astonishing.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.01.2010 - 05:12
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
One of my favorite albums happens to be Krautrock... Dzyan - Electric Silence.

The tracks are amazingly hypnotic, with a nice mix of eastern raga applied. Here is a sampling: Dzyan - A Day in My Life
11.03.2010 - 09:15
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Written by Elio on 19.01.2010 at 23:27

Ok, Krautrock isn't exactly my cup of tea (or maybe I should try more) but Ege Bamyasi is awesome, shame Tago Mago hasn't the same effect on me.

As an off-topic note: your avatar is great, that album is astonishing.

It is brilliant, so full of an amazing atmosphere and two albums worth at that. I also now think that Ege Bamyasi is better, since Tago Mago drags on at some points and the longer songs do get kinda boring. Future Days is also good, and especially the title track for it's catchiness.
10.06.2013 - 22:00
Vombatus
Potorro
Gonna revive this thread

Didn't listen an awful lot, but I do dig some stuff like Neu! and currently checking out some spanish bands that played around here, like Schwarz (http://schwarz.bandcamp.com/)

Gonna check the mentionned ones above, but if anyone has more recommendations, feel free to say so !!
26.07.2013 - 19:37
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
New album out by these doods.
http://www.disappears.us/

----
rekt