21. Man Against Machine
22. Now Demolition
23. Thrasher
24. Enter The Grave
25. Schizophrenia

[limited edition DVD]

+ The DVD To End All DVDs

Additional info
Limited edition exclusive DVD featuring on the road & behind the scenes footage of the "Infected Nations" recording sessions.

Guest review by
K✞ulu
Rating:
I guess most people didn't like Evile's new album. I didn't like it either at the beginning. But after having listened to it a few more time later, I have to admit that my attitude has changed. Originally Infected Nations came across as a boring collection of riffs, but now it seems more coherent and having some sort of a meaning. Before the album's release, the band members were saying that it would be a more mature album than their debut, and in a way it is. With Infected Nations they have definitely made some progress with songwriting; however, they are still searching for their style, and one can hear that they are experimenting and trying something new on this record. And it doesn't sound all that bad if you give it some time.

Read more ››
published 12.05.2010 | Comments (8)

Guest review by
Hermann Langke
Rating:
Great Britain is the birthplace of Heavy Metal. It was Black Sabbath who with their doom-laden riffs ushered in the age of Heavy Metal. They were the founders of a movement which is in its fourth decade now. The British Isles have been home to many of Metal's greatest bands and Metal would be lacking in luster without them. However from the 90's onwards Metal seemed to be in a downward spiral in Britain. During that time bands like Oasis, The Verve, etc., were everywhere and they were not even Metal. The Darkness emerged as the closest thing to Led Zeppelin but they were swallowed by their new-found fame. I have to admit that I have not heard much of modern Metal bands from Britain, but there is one band that has caught my eye and that band, which I believe is the future of British Metal, is Evile. But, on the contrary, the album about which I am going to write is not quite the kind of savior that I expected.

Read more ››
published 19.11.2010 | Comments (1)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 24   Visited by: 327 users
19.01.2010 - 13:35
Baz Anderson

Is it me, or is this album just not that good?
19.01.2010 - 23:01
Rating: 10
thewall30

Well personally I enjoy this album, but I don't think its no where near as good as their debut Enter The Grave, but Infected Nations is one of those albums where you have to give it a few (maybe more than a few) listens to really get the meat from the bone from this album...

But like I said, I really like this album it just takes time to get used to it...
----
01.02.2010 - 18:54
Rating: 4
Mink Aldhissla

Written by Baz Anderson on 19.01.2010 at 13:35

No, it isn't you. I can't understand the difference of quality between their 2 albums. "Enter the grave" is brilliant and this...no comments...
26.02.2010 - 04:37
Rating: 9
Novas

He's using his "matured" voice in this album. I rather have their debut & their EP than this. "Infected Nations" & "Devoid of Thought" were great though. I really hope they go back to the faster, better singing stuff like on their debut. So sad that their bass player died though. Evile's cover tribute to Death's "Voice of the Souls" was freaking great, i just heard it
28.02.2010 - 14:31
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
This is kick-ass record.This is the best Brit band since Def Leppard or even the Darkness.
14.03.2010 - 21:38
Rating: 8
Vehemont

I enjoy the album myself...the singer here reminds me of James Hetfield a little though, but I think it is good. I haven't listened to their previous work though...
14.04.2010 - 17:06
thewall30

Written by Novas on 26.02.2010 at 04:37

He's using his "matured" voice in this album. I rather have their debut & their EP than this. "Infected Nations" & "Devoid of Thought" were great though. I really hope they go back to the faster, better singing stuff like on their debut. So sad that their bass player died though. Evile's cover tribute to Death's "Voice of the Souls" was freaking great, i just heard it

I totally agree with everything you just said...
----
14.04.2010 - 19:17
soadbyob
Account deleted
Pretty good album, not as good as Enter The Grave
14.05.2010 - 05:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Hermann Langke on 28.02.2010 at 14:31

This is kick-ass record.This is the best Brit band since Def Leppard or even the Darkness.

lol. Surely not as good as The Darkness?!

Def Leppard, yeah, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge is better than anything by Evile.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
17.05.2010 - 17:07
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Doc G. on 14.05.2010 at 05:38

Written by Hermann Langke on 28.02.2010 at 14:31

lol. Surely not as good as The Darkness?!

Def Leppard, yeah, Songs From The Sparkle Lounge is better than anything by Evile.

Yeah,hehe
06.08.2010 - 16:54
thrashinvegan

I agree that this is not as good as Enter The Grave, at least not to me, because I prefer faster-tempo songs--I did really like "Devoid of Thought" on this album. But it's still a good album with decent lyrics and lots of great riffs. Surely people ought to rate this higher than Slayer's World Painted Blood? That in my opinion was nowhere near as good as their albums from the '80s.
12.09.2012 - 15:13
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

I once read an interview regarding this album, and the band themselves said that 'Enter the Grave' was an album full of "silly Concepts", thus opting for a more "serious" approach to their sound and concept regarding this, their second album. Whether that worked on their part or not is anyone's guess, but I genuinely don't think this album is all that bad. Some guitar riffs here are very complex, and the very same can be said for the songs themselves, but the title track and instrumental closer are two definitive staples of their talent if you ask me. Sure, those who preferred the band's debut over this (including me) would have probably hated this album when it came out, but it's clear the band wanted to be so much more than a shadow of their major influences.
29.05.2013 - 19:25
Moose

For me, this is Evile's best album.
Doesn't seem like many people share this opinion though.
12.10.2014 - 03:20
Rsrdaman

Their Entombed cover was also pretty damn good. Greatly versatile band.
24.11.2014 - 08:01
Novas

Written by Rsrdaman on 12.10.2014 at 03:20

Their Entombed cover was also pretty damn good. Greatly versatile band.

I have not heard it yet. But yes, I agree with ya: versatile band.. I really enjoy their two latest records, esp 'Skull'
25.11.2014 - 04:42
Rsrdaman

Written by deadone on 25.11.2014 at 01:45

I wouldn't call them versatile. They did pretty much release 1 album 4 times.

I do enjoy 3 of them to varying degrees, especially Five Serpent's Teeth. I did find Skull boring unfortunately.

Oh. It's you. The one who hates everything I love.
25.11.2014 - 07:27
Rsrdaman

Written by deadone on 25.11.2014 at 04:53

Written by Rsrdaman on 25.11.2014 at 04:42

Oh. It's you. The one who hates everything I love.

Ha, that's funny. If you look at our votes, our tastes converge quite often.

I guess. But... how can one hate Agalloch in such a way?
25.03.2015 - 16:05
me<3mertl

Written by Mink Aldhissla on 01.02.2010 at 18:54

Written by Baz Anderson on 19.01.2010 at 13:35

No, it isn't you. I can't understand the difference of quality between their 2 albums. "Enter the grave" is brilliant and this...no comments...

I think this album is only slightly worse than Enter The Grave.Can't really understand why you gave one 9 and the other 4.
10.12.2015 - 17:15
Rating: 5
Joppe
Steelemeister
I don't think thrash is supposed to be done like this. The album just sounds lifeless. The only positive thing here is some of the riffs that are better than the majority of other riffs here, that you've heard 1000 times before. What's the point in ~60 mins thrash albums anyway
----
My vision is augmented
21.01.2017 - 01:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Pure thrash, few albums, same sounding, yes don't make so much money as 80's but why 80's bands changed? maybe better be in the underground... band has not changed so much
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.04.2023 - 20:49
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
A curious album, this. Almost like a completely different band from the debut (which to be fair is only decent in the first place - I think a lot of UK metalheads view Evile through slightly rose-tinted glasses). Gone is any energy and any sense of fun - can understand wanting to mature your sound, but it's at the expense of any excitement here. Some great moments and some decent songs - the title track, most of "Devoid Of Thought", "My Parasite" despite being the bonus track, but overall it's a bit plodding, which is the last thing you want on a thrash album. Especially one an hour long. No denying the technical skills on display here either, but Matt's vocals are incredibly monotonous after a while, which is a real shame compared to his performance on the debut.
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742
30.04.2023 - 21:39
musclassia

Written by LordFezzington on 30.04.2023 at 20:49

A curious album, this. Almost like a completely different band from the debut (which to be fair is only decent in the first place - I think a lot of UK metalheads view Evile through slightly rose-tinted glasses). Gone is any energy and any sense of fun - can understand wanting to mature your sound, but it's at the expense of any excitement here. Some great moments and some decent songs - the title track, most of "Devoid Of Thought", "My Parasite" despite being the bonus track, but overall it's a bit plodding, which is the last thing you want on a thrash album. Especially one an hour long. No denying the technical skills on display here either, but Matt's vocals are incredibly monotonous after a while, which is a real shame compared to his performance on the debut.

Funny to see someone comment on this album now - at the time, I really liked it (hence the 8), but I was more into thrash then than now, maybe I would feel the same these days. I will say tho that if nothing else, Nosophoros is a banger
01.05.2023 - 10:08
Zap
Written by LordFezzington on 30.04.2023 at 20:49

No denying the technical skills on display here either, but Matt's vocals are incredibly monotonous after a while, which is a real shame compared to his performance on the debut.

If I remember correctly -and this is 14 years ago, so I might not- Matt had damaged his vocal cords from gigging after the first album leading him to take lessons to correctly use his voice. However, by the time they were recording this album, he had only learned how to control his volume or something along those lines, but not how to add melody. So, that's why the vocals on this album are so monotonous, while they are much more dynamic on both its predecessor and successor.
01.05.2023 - 18:08
LordFezzington
Lost To Apathy
Written by musclassia on 30.04.2023 at 21:39

Funny to see someone comment on this album now - at the time, I really liked it (hence the 8), but I was far more into thrash then than now, maybe I would feel the same these days. I will say tho that if nothing else, Nosophoros is a banger

Just happening to be listening to random albums as I'm forced to re-rip CDs after a library/backup fail. Remember being pretty disappointed with it at the time it came out, but definitely has its moments.
Written by Zap on 01.05.2023 at 10:08

Matt had damaged his vocal cords from gigging after the first album leading him to take lessons to correctly use his voice... So, that's why the vocals on this album are so monotonous, while they are much more dynamic on both its predecessor and successor.

That makes a lot of sense and fair play to him, it's just a shame as I think this would have been a lot stronger with more interesting vocal lines.
----
"Pay no heed to anyone and do what seems right to yourself." - Franz Kafka, The Trial
2022 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=7001
2021 List: https://metalstorm.net/users/list.php?list_id=6742

Hits total: 9741 | This month: 16