Which One?

Killswitch Engage
God Forbid
They both suck

Total votes: 40
19.01.2010 - 16:08
soadbyob
Account deleted
These two bands seem to be similar to me, both are Hardcore Metal bands who switch from clean to distorted vocals within a song several times, which band do you like more?
19.01.2010 - 16:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think they both suck, but I voted for Killswitch Engage because Alive or Just Breathing gave me some enjoyment back when it was released, while I've never liked anything by God Forbid.
19.01.2010 - 16:12
Roro

Killswitch
killswitch
killswitch
killswitch
killswitch
killswitch
19.01.2010 - 16:14
soadbyob
Account deleted
I voted God Forbid just because i dont know anyone that dosent like killswitch, but no ones heard of god forbid
19.01.2010 - 20:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
They both suck because its not my type bands and muiscaly I cant enjoy any of those, for me simple wast of time n energy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.01.2010 - 07:07
Illuminate

Anterior VS Sylosis. Soilwork VS In Flames. Iron Maiden VS Black Sabbath. Static-X VS Fear Factory. Hypocrisy Vs Opeth. Disturbed VS Godsmack. Dragonforce VS Britney Spears (I FUCKING HATE BOTH). Primal Fear VS Dream Evil. Metallica Vs Amon Amarth. Arch Enemy Vs Lamb Of God. Hatebreed VS Madball. Trivium Vs Slipknot. Deadlock Vs Epica. Soulfly Vs Hammerfall. Heaven Shall Burn Vs Mudvayne. 36 Crazyfists vs Atreyu. Within Temtation vs Nightwish... Just some of my listings.
22.01.2010 - 08:59
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Illuminate on 20.01.2010 at 07:07

Anterior VS Sylosis. Soilwork VS In Flames. Iron Maiden VS Black Sabbath. Static-X VS Fear Factory. Hypocrisy Vs Opeth. Disturbed VS Godsmack. Dragonforce VS Britney Spears (I FUCKING HATE BOTH). Primal Fear VS Dream Evil. Metallica Vs Amon Amarth. Arch Enemy Vs Lamb Of God. Hatebreed VS Madball. Trivium Vs Slipknot. Deadlock Vs Epica. Soulfly Vs Hammerfall. Heaven Shall Burn Vs Mudvayne. 36 Crazyfists vs Atreyu. Within Temtation vs Nightwish... Just some of my listings.

yeah, that doesn't answer the question of who you like better between God Forbid or Killswitch.

As for me, I voted God Forbid. Not to say oldschool killswitch isn't good, But God Forbid are a really impressive and untill recently really evolved band. I mean, their first albums just had this raw angry energy. But when Gone forever came they added more harmonies and they became world's better lyrically, but still managed to maintain an aggresive edge. Constitution of Treason is just as good, if not better. And from album to album you could tell their skill had improved....alas, then came earth's blood.

And Killswitch imo started sucking waaay earlier than God Forbid.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
22.01.2010 - 09:40
Illuminate

I voted for Killswitch Engage. I don't really like God Forbid that much. But back when Jesse Leech was with KSE... Those were the days. Howards side project, where Justin Foley came from too; Blood Has Been Shed. Isn't all that bad. Killswitch and Forbid both are great bands, but I profer KSE; even they they seem to be take a slow decent...
22.01.2010 - 18:46
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
God Forbid, they're one of the few metalcore bands that I actually enjoy. I saw them live once when they opened for Behemoth, they put on a good show.
22.01.2010 - 18:52
soadbyob
Account deleted
Killswitch tends to foucus on love and emotions, while GF has a lot of brutal song, and some political (IV: COT)
23.01.2010 - 01:17
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Yeah.. I prefer the more emo-oriented Killswitch. ''Alive or Just Breathing'' gave me good moments in my nu-metal addiction

God Forbid never really represented something else in my playlists, they have a couple of great songs thou.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
27.01.2010 - 18:05
Sulac

Hmm. This decision is pretty tough for me.
I have two albums by both bands (End of Heartache and the second Killswitch Engage for KsE, IV: Constitution of Treason and Earthsblood by GF) and with both band's I really listen to one but not the other album (the 2nd KsE and IV). Both bands have songs in my top 3 (Killswitch's Rose of Sharyn and Forbid' Empire of the Gun, amusingly both from the albums I don't listen to frequently).
08.03.2010 - 17:55
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 19.01.2010 at 16:14

I voted God Forbid just because i dont know anyone that dosent like killswitch, but no ones heard of god forbid

they opened for lamb of god when they came to thunder bay... they're pretty god but i vote killswitch
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.03.2010 - 17:56
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Illuminate on 20.01.2010 at 07:07

what does this have to do with anything?
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.03.2010 - 09:20
Illuminate

Everything but these two bands is what it has to do with anything!
29.06.2011 - 16:28
Metal_4Ever

I love the tow bands but my heart is closer to Killswitch
29.06.2011 - 20:49
JD
Account deleted
Of course both bands SUCK, but i voted for Killswitch Engage, i like some of their old songs.
29.06.2011 - 21:01
Metal_4Ever

I like for them their song "This Fire Burns" it's for CM Punk in WWE.. \m/
30.06.2011 - 00:38
Damshak

Killswitch Engage is better that God Forbid because they have better voice
28.10.2011 - 21:32
Misfit74

I like God Forbid - at least up until their last album. The album Chains Of Humanity, a concept album, is fantastic start to finish and one of the better metal albums to come out the past 5 years, IMO. Just a great job with that one from songwriting, execution, production, and everything.

Not a fan of Killswitch Engage, really, at all.
29.10.2011 - 20:51
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Meh both suck, but id go killswitch
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.11.2011 - 04:22
robbyAGONY

Killswitch. One of the few bands of their genre I can get into, mostly because of their great vocals