Metal Storm logo
Soilwork - New Album Details

Original news, posted on 23.01.2010

Swedish modern melodic metallers Soilwork have just finished wrapping up the writing process of their new album titled, The Panic Broadcast. The recording will mark the much anticipated return of founding guitarist Peter Wichers. Vocalist Bjorn "Speed" Strid sent the following update:

"After a long but intense absence, I'm back giving you a little report on what's going on in the Soilwork camp. We have just wrapped up the last songs on the new record and I have a constant smile on my face. The title of the new album will be, The Panic Broadcast. I'm so stoked to record this new album and I feel it's gonna be quite a challenge for everybody in the band.

So how's it sounding? Here's my personal take: I feel it's bigger than life to use an old cliché, but seriously, if any of you for some reason have missed some of that intricate riffing that made Soilwork unique, then you won't be dissapointed. I feel this record is very playful and we're not cutting down on anything, no "is this too much information" -consideration, no "less is more," just pure musical joy with no boundaries, THAT to me is what it's all about. Obviously there's gonna be some surprises like always but giving every member of this band the freedom to go apeshit, will make this record a heavy and naturally catchy one.

More solos? - Check. Insane riffing? - Check. Melodic vocals? - Check. Screamy vocals? - Check. Progressive keyboards? - Check. Best metal drummer in the world? - Check. Flink dance while recording his bass tracks, like they were nothing? - Check.

Drums will be recorded in Asheville, NC starting this Saturday. Keep your eyes open for an online studio and video reports, join us and watch every step of the new album taking form. The Panic Broadcast is upon us."

UPDATE

Swedish metallers Soilwork have revealed the cover artwork for their upcoming album, The Panic Broadcast, due out on June 25 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records.

Björn "Speed" Strid commented: "With the artwork for this album we wanted to capture the illusion of the mind, misconceptions and the state of panic. Bartosz Nalezinski has made a perfect job realizing this idea. The cover symbolizes the emperor of the illusion with two servants to assist the misconception. The background illustrates the abstract chaos that slowly takes over. Inside the booklet you can follow the psychological journey that brings you The Panic Broadcast."

The Panic Broadcast tracklist:

01. Late For The Kill, Early For The Slaughter
02. 2 Lives Worth Of Reckoning
03. The Thrill
04. Deliverance Is Mine
05. Night Comes Clean
06. King Of The Threshold
07. Let This River Flow
08. Epitome
09. The Akuma Afterglow
10. Enter Dog Of Pavlov

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Soilwork
Posted: 20.04.2010 by CHEF METAL HEAD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 198 users
23.01.2010 - 10:41
hellfire rainbow

Thats great! We had a long time to hear sth from them. And now that Peter is back, i hope this album kicks ass!!!!! Cant wait to listen to it...
23.01.2010 - 10:47
Locke
Account deleted
Can't be hard to top the suckitude that they've been releasing.
23.01.2010 - 11:36
Mikyz

Written by Guest on 23.01.2010 at 10:47

Can't be hard to top the suckitude that they've been releasing.

Agreed, but hopefully it resembles The Chainheart Machine rather than their weak Post-Natural Born Chaos albums. :S
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
23.01.2010 - 19:22
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Best metal drummer I dont know

The title is very Soilworkish, look very nice
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.01.2010 - 20:55
Ulv

Speed's description is really promising... can't wait
20.04.2010 - 23:31
Pimpelmee
Amazing Mapman
Nice artwork. For a change.
21.04.2010 - 00:01
JÄY
Metal slave
Yup...like the cover
21.04.2010 - 00:02
Metal Maiden
Megadead
The cover, though nice-looking, looks like a Trivium album cover...And I won't be surprised if the album sounds like a Trivium album too, haha...Jokes aside, I am almost certain this album will sound exactly like Disarmonia Mundi's latest disaster, but will get higher scores because of the logo...
21.04.2010 - 00:40
Harlequin

"More solos? - Check. Insane riffing? - Check. Melodic vocals? - Check. Screamy vocals? - Check. Progressive keyboards? - Check. Best metal drummer in the world? - Check. Flink dance while recording his bass tracks, like they were nothing? - Check."

And that is why it's gonna suck. Hard.
----
00:40 - Doomface
Mikael Akerfeldt doesn't age like humans do.
22.04.2010 - 05:54
Symmachus

I'm not very familiar with this band, but I find the album artwork to be fantastic.
22.04.2010 - 15:27
fazzeh

"Best metal drummer in the world? - Check."

That is so very untrue...
22.04.2010 - 16:49
bodomroy

Cover artwork resembles mastodon's Crack the Skye

Hits total: 5200 | This month: 6