Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

17.05.2006 - 15:37
arnibes
Account deleted
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
17.05.2006 - 17:15
Daru Jericho

I enjoy Cannibal Corpse. I actually think they were the first death metal band that I loved. I thought Kill was a rather average album though, The Wretched Spawn was better. I saw them live last month and they were great, even though Corpsegrinder had a bit of a sore throat.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

17.05.2006 - 18:06
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Cannibal Corpse is just the best gore metal band ever.I think that their current line-up is their best.And their new album(Kill)is a true masterpiece
17.05.2006 - 20:10
Parkas
Account deleted
Yeah! They are my favoirute Death Metal band! Always when I'm in a bad mood I just listen to CC and after few songs I'm alright And I agree - Kill is a masterpiece!
18.05.2006 - 02:03
__Az__

Cannibal Corpse are the best selling death metal band in the world... even though many of their albums are banned in many countries... They have done very well, and i can see why...

Im starting to get into the track 'Make Them Suffer' from the album - KILL
18.05.2006 - 04:13
Trifixion
Account deleted
Cannibal Corpse is one of my favorite albums, but I tend to enjoy the Barnes era a LOT more than Fisher's, and I'm always very persistant in the fact. The Bleeding is definetly my favorite album. I do enjoy some of their music with Fisher though, like some songs off Bloodthirst and Gallery Of Suicide. I was going to buy Kill but the mp3's on their website just didn't interest me enough...
HAMMER SMASHED FACEEEE!!
Sorry
19.05.2006 - 10:07
TheGodOfGore
Account deleted
New album is sick, Five nails through the neck blew me away, Make them suffer is sick to, Old corpse is defintaly more raw but they have truly earned the respect as one of the best death metal bands ever, Corpse Owns !!!
25.05.2006 - 07:53
Laevos
Account deleted
I used not to like this band, but some months ago I was pushed to death metal by Carcass, and wasn't a long distance 'til I start to like Cannibal Corpse. My fav songs are I Cum Blood, Hammer Smashed Face and I Will Kill You.

Although they're not my fav death band, it's a good band, indeed.
25.05.2006 - 12:03
Eternal Flames

I also wasn't really a fan of Cannibal Corpse a few months ago. In fact, I'm not a huge grind/gore fan. Although recently as I have been giving them more of a listen I have really begun to enjoy these guys. I also prefer Barnes' vocals a lot more. I haven't heard the new album yet though, though I've heard some decent things about it. Not my favourite Death Metal band, and I'm not the biggest fan them, although they are still pretty damn good.
25.05.2006 - 15:08
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
They are indeed pretty damn good
Man .. Cannibal Corpse rules, I tried to play some songs of them .. It ain't that easy (I'm a noob, I know)
Sweet vocals which I tried to fake a little too much
Hammer Smashed Face !
I will kill you !
I cum blood !
A skull full of maggots !

fuck yeah!
25.05.2006 - 15:31
mvikred

never liked this band , untill few months back ... and i was jus casually watching live cannibalism show ..and they jus totally blew me away. not really a big fan of the gore lyrics, so i never care to read their lyrics ....... music wise, they are pretty technical , especially alex webster (amazing bassisst) .... and the rest are pretty good too .. Fisher gave them a new dimension. their new album KILL has CC written all over it .. and is totally amazing
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
25.05.2006 - 16:47
kackbratze

"The Bleeding" was my first real death metal album, so this band got me into DM. I still like this album best, but I dig pretty much all of their work. I don't like "Kill" too much though...
25.05.2006 - 18:11
Baz Anderson

one of the archetypal death metal bands nowadays
i like them a lot, and i like all of their albums
the last three have been really good, and so were the first three - i think their albums in the middle are a bit weaker
very good band though
25.05.2006 - 18:21
ASiema113

When I first heard Cannibal was in camp which was about 2-3 years ago (still in the punk thing) but when I heard Hammer Smashed Face the sound was too much for me to process that and back then we used to laugh b/c we couldn't understand a damn thing corpsegrinder was saying. The only thing that's change is my interset in music which also led me to be able to decipher somewhat better then when I first heard CC. But I'm glad I convinced my friend to by Gallery of Suicide firsty as a joke but now we bash our fucking heads to I Will Kill YOU awesome song these are one of the bands that started it all.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
25.05.2006 - 19:19
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Yea, Hammer Smashed Face and I Will Kill You are classics of Cannibal Corpse
Anyone into Grind/Gore/Deathmetal has got a taste of the cannibals
26.05.2006 - 04:10
vallhalen
Account deleted
for my taste i think their best album is Tomb of the Mutilated (nice artwork in this one by the way;)) i began to listen to them by my cousin, who lend me Live Cannibalism, so i listened to it, i got more albums and that's it, they introduced to all the grincore stuff
26.05.2006 - 07:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I think they are alright, but they have the world's LAMEST drummer. They were on a downward spiral until they released Kill, which was badass.
26.05.2006 - 07:27
mvikred

^^ i agree with u on that ... their drummer aint that good, wit a better a drummer they wudve done much better
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
26.05.2006 - 11:18
LethargyMan

I only purchased one Cannibal Corpse album, and it happened to be one of their worst albums, Gore Obsessed... I suppose that sort of tainted the band for me a little bit.

Though I have heard some of the stuff from Kill, and it was quite good...

... though the cover art is very disappointing to say the least...
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
26.05.2006 - 18:43
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by LethargyMan on 26.05.2006 at 11:18

I only purchased one Cannibal Corpse album, and it happened to be one of their worst albums, Gore Obsessed... I suppose that sort of tainted the band for me a little bit.

Though I have heard some of the stuff from Kill, and it was quite good...

... though the cover art is very disappointing to say the least...

If you're interested in any more albums that will give you a good impression get anything before Vile, namely Tomb Of The Mutilated and The Bleeding. I don't think you'll be dissapointed
26.05.2006 - 19:14
Baz Anderson

Frozen-Carnage: 'Corpsegrinder' was not yet doing vocals for the band when they first wrote 'Hammer Smashed Face' - Chris Barnes was still there
'Vile' was the first album with George Fisher in 1996
08.06.2006 - 04:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
cannibal corpse is alright, i prefer chris barnes newest band though "torture killer"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.06.2006 - 05:56
Trifixion
Account deleted
Hmm apparently they're releasing a remastered version of The Bleeding...the different cover on it kinda led me to believe that maybe they changed some things like recorded Corpsegrinder on it. But I heard otherwise...probably just a money maker it may be interesting though.
08.06.2006 - 08:06
Masque Of Death
Account deleted
I recently got KILL and it's awesome!!! My favorite albums by them are Eaten Back To Life and Gore Obsessed
It's hard, but when it comes right down to it, I'd have to say I like Corpsegrinder better. (Even though Barnes has a crazier voice)
08.06.2006 - 09:48
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"Cannibal Corpse is one of my favorite albums"

And 'The Wretched Spawn' is one of my favourite bands
08.06.2006 - 11:11
NECURATU

The great popularity of Cannibal Corpse kind of bothers me. Anyway, that aside, I find Carcass early works a lot better. Reek of Putrefaction is the sickest thing I ever listened (not being a big fan of goredeath, grindcore...actually not being a very big fan of death metal altogether).
----
When the sun rises I take my flock on the balks
When the moon rises I tell the woods good night
08.06.2006 - 22:54
belgianmetalman
Account deleted
Written by NECURATU on 08.06.2006 at 11:11

The great popularity of Cannibal Corpse kind of bothers me. Anyway, that aside, I find Carcass early works a lot better. Reek of Putrefaction is the sickest thing I ever listened (not being a big fan of goredeath, grindcore...actually not being a very big fan of death metal altogether).

Why does the great popularity of Cannibal Corpse bother you ?
In my eyes it's just a really cool band with sick (in a good way) lyrics and vocals, and it deserves its popularity..
08.06.2006 - 23:35
AncientOrigins

I've been listening to "Kill" for a few days now and it's very good. It sounds like a mix of "Bloodthirst" and "The Wretched Spawn" with even more technical riffs, and the drumming has improved a lot. It's actually my second favourite album after the mentioned "Bloodthirst".
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
09.06.2006 - 07:53
ASiema113

Written by Baz Anderson on 26.05.2006 at 19:14

Frozen-Carnage: 'Corpsegrinder' was not yet doing vocals for the band when they first wrote 'Hammer Smashed Face' - Chris Barnes was still there
'Vile' was the first album with George Fisher in 1996

Yea thats right was trying to figure out who was singing for them at the time me and my friend have been debating on the subject for a while.
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
09.06.2006 - 14:37
Stigmatized
I have Kill and Tomb of the Mutilated, because I enjoy a little "Hammer Smashed Face" from time to time. Kill has suprised me with it's quality, one of the better albums of theirs in my opinion.