Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 15:37
No extreme metal forum without Cannibal Corpse

I hope there's no introduction needed with this band. And I also hope I don't have to give more arguments that Cannibal Corpse has made some very interesting cd's.
01.08.2010 - 17:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 17:31

Written by vezzy on 01.08.2010 at 17:28

Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 17:21

In a side note I would like to know if the hordes like Chris Baines or Corpsegrinder.

Who are these "hordes"?

The hordes are tha fans, if I'm spelling it wrong let me know.

Oh. You know, there IS a Corpsegrinder vs. Barnes poll in the forum.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
01.08.2010 - 17:34
Perseverence
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 01.08.2010 at 17:33

In a side note I would like to know if the hordes like Chris Baines or Corpsegrinder.

Who are these "hordes"?

Thanx Vez! I'll be shure to say something there. Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot there too!
01.08.2010 - 17:47
Perseverence
Account deleted
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g8w_rwOT0Q

Fair warning! Smoke something before you watch this to make it bearable. I can't believe someone would make a video like this!
01.08.2010 - 17:56
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 01.08.2010 at 17:34

Written by vezzy on 01.08.2010 at 17:33

Who are these "hordes"?

Thanx Vez! I'll be shure to say something there. Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot there too!

Certainly.
----
16.08.2010 - 23:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Saw them live at Wacken, and they were fucking brutal. i was too scared to get in the pit as there was way too much dust flying around and TONS of people moshing. i tried to crowdsurf twice and the guys kept dropping me, fuck!

i loved how he announced the last song of the day was Hammer Smashed Face, but then Corpsegrinder said something like "you know when i said that was the last song? well, I LIED!! THIS ONE IS CALLED STRIPPED, RAPED AND FUCKING STRANGLEEEEDD!!" i sang along the first two lyrics while i was in the air

i also love Corpsegrinder's stage presence, he comes off almost as brutal as he is funny lol. "you can try to keep up with my headbanging, but you will fail" ; "if you don't slam on this next one, i'm going to personally get out there and rip your fucking arms off"

an excellent frontman even though i like Barnes more as the vocalist of CC.
16.08.2010 - 23:29
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Valentin B on 16.08.2010 at 23:13
i also love Corpsegrinder's stage presence, he comes off almost as brutal as he is funny lol. "you can try to keep up with my headbanging, but you will fail" ; "if you don't slam on this next one, i'm going to personally get out there and rip your fucking arms off"

Yep, totally agreed about Corpsegrinder's stage prescence!

I have seen them live, and he is a great frontman. <3 How his neck hasn't snapped off by now, I'll never know! That's probably how his neck became so thick...

I like Corpsegrinder and Barnes' vocals in CC just about equally. The lows of Barnes are just ungodly, but Corpsegrinder has a better range, and his screams are awesome. Unlike when Chris does it, it sounds more like a pig squealing. lol
23.08.2010 - 07:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

i loved how he announced the last song of the day was Hammer Smashed Face, but then Corpsegrinder said something like "you know when i said that was the last song? well, I LIED!! THIS ONE IS CALLED STRIPPED, RAPED AND FUCKING STRANGLEEEEDD!!" i sang along the first two lyrics while i was in the air

LMAO he's still saying the same stuff live?!? He said the same thing to us sometime in 2008/2007, and I constantly read different people at different shows mention this

It was still awesome though
23.08.2010 - 10:46
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 23.08.2010 at 07:47

LMAO he's still saying the same stuff live?!? He said the same thing to us sometime in 2008/2007, and I constantly read different people at different shows mention this

It was still awesome though

yup, seriously, and the music and his attitude were so overbearingly brutal, the moshpit at the end was HUGE. i was sitting 3 meters from it and then everyone suddenly kept pusing back and i had to walk back for another 3 meters or so, making a decent-sized pit into a monster. it was also really dusty.

it's not without a reason that they're the only death metal band i really like
23.08.2010 - 12:09
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Valentin B on 23.08.2010 at 10:46

yup, seriously, and the music and his attitude were so overbearingly brutal, the moshpit at the end was HUGE. i was sitting 3 meters from it and then everyone suddenly kept pusing back and i had to walk back for another 3 meters or so, making a decent-sized pit into a monster. it was also really dusty.

it's not without a reason that they're the only death metal band i really like

Huh, I always thought it was about the music...
Judging by that, Sadistik Exekution would be the greatest death metal band ever. And no, they are NOT.
----
02.09.2010 - 11:18
JD
Account deleted
Hope to see Cannibal Corpse live someday
03.09.2010 - 18:15
Maxx666
Meshuggahian
Written by Angelic Storm on 16.08.2010 at 23:29

Yep, totally agreed about Corpsegrinder's stage prescence!

I have seen them live, and he is a great frontman. <3 How his neck hasn't snapped off by now, I'll never know! That's probably how his neck became so thick...

I like Corpsegrinder and Barnes' vocals in CC just about equally. The lows of Barnes are just ungodly, but Corpsegrinder has a better range, and his screams are awesome. Unlike when Chris does it, it sounds more like a pig squealing. lol

Totally agreed Barnes vocals are still unmatched. they are legendary. But on the other hand Corpsegrinder's whirlwind are godly
29.01.2011 - 23:33
Vivi'

I really don't care about the topic 'Is Chris better than Corpsegrinder'. Cannibal Corpse is a genius band.
30.01.2011 - 14:53
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Vivi' on 29.01.2011 at 23:33

I really don't care about the topic 'Is Chris better than Corpsegrinder'. Cannibal Corpse is a genius band.

Wishful thinking.
----
30.01.2011 - 15:46
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Wishing for the Barnes Vs Corpsegrinder thing to go away, is like expecting the Megadeth Vs Metallica thing to stop. Its should, but it never will... lol
30.01.2011 - 16:02
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Angelic Storm on 30.01.2011 at 15:46

Wishing for the Barnes Vs Corpsegrinder thing to go away, is like expecting the Megadeth Vs Metallica thing to stop. Its should, but it never will... lol

Actually, I was referring to how saying "Cannibal Corpse is a genius band." is wishful thinking.

Perhaps I should have omitted the other sentence.
----
30.01.2011 - 16:04
Vivi'

I got what you said.
30.01.2011 - 16:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Cannibal Corpse are a great band. In my opinion at least. lol As for genius? Yep, Id say some of the music especially the more technical stuff like "Hatchet To The Head" is genius songwriting.
11.01.2012 - 21:36
Valentin B
Iconoclast
No matter how much I sometimes enjoy dancing to trendy pop tunes and doing the macarena, I have a special place in my heart for "Stripped Raped and Strangled" and "Hammer Smashed Face".
11.01.2012 - 22:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Valentin B on 11.01.2012 at 21:36

No matter how much I sometimes enjoy dancing to trendy pop tunes and doing the macarena, I have a special place in my heart for "Stripped Raped and Strangled" and "Hammer Smashed Face".

Makes sense, considering "Hammer Smashed Face" is the ultimate death metal pop tune.
----
11.01.2012 - 23:07
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I always thought that if death metal ever had an anthem like "Breaking the Law" or "Fear of the Dark" it would be "Stripped Raped and Strangled".
11.01.2012 - 23:13
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Good brutal death band. I'm not a fan, though. Barnes screaming is weird....
11.01.2012 - 23:37
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
They aren't really brutal death... just regular death.

And if you don't like Barnes, there's always Corpsegrinder.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.01.2012 - 23:55
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
Hammer Smashed Face is quite brutal for me
And I like Barnes, his screams fit well with the songs.
12.01.2012 - 19:34
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Yeah i also find CC enough brutal. i think though that they are not "brutal death". they seem to be just in the line separating DM from BDM... Tomb Of The Mutilated is really brootal. on the other hand eaten back to life and wretched spawn are not imo.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
14.01.2012 - 18:10
JD
Account deleted
New song

14.01.2012 - 18:52
DesolationJersey

Holy shit that song is class
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
15.01.2012 - 00:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I wonder if it sounds like all of their other songs.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.01.2012 - 01:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.01.2012 at 00:45

I wonder if it sounds like all of their other songs.

I'll bet you a five-cent piece it is.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
15.01.2012 - 06:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The main riff of "Demented Aggression" sounds like Endless Pain/Pleasure To Kill era Kreator... it's pretty good!
13.03.2012 - 19:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I like the song "Scorge of Iron". Gonna be seeing these guys live in 3 months for the second time since Wacken 2010.