Metal Storm logo
Atreyu

27.01.2010 - 16:45
soadbyob
Account deleted
Just found out they don't have a topic on here, so I made one. I love Atreyu, The Curse being my favorite album of theirs, so...you know how these work, just talk about Atreyu, try to to keep criticsm to a limit
27.01.2010 - 18:10
Dracius
The Curse is a class album, but I listened to Congregation Of The Damned recently, and I gotta say they've really raised the bar, it's amazing
27.01.2010 - 18:34
soadbyob
Account deleted
Written by Dracius on 27.01.2010 at 18:10

The Curse is a class album, but I listened to Congregation Of The Damned recently, and I gotta say they've really raised the bar, it's amazing

Yes, i heard it a while back, it is fuckin amazing
27.01.2010 - 21:03
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
The vocalist have nice clean vocals, but when he screams it transforms into one of the most horrible noises ever.

Its a good band, The Curse has good moments, but their best effort so far is the ''Lead sails and paper anchor'' (which contains less annoying screams, and it is pretty catchy).

Theyre now veeeeery close to the cheesy punk/emo (Green day, Sum41)... but they have guitar solos.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
25.06.2011 - 05:23
Pyramid God
Horrible, awful band especially from The Curse onward.
26.06.2011 - 03:34
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I remember going to see these guys in small venues when they were first starting out. Its hilarious to see where they have gone to.
26.06.2011 - 04:08
JD
Account deleted
This band SUCK
26.06.2011 - 23:30
fabregassed
Account deleted
I always found "Falling Down" quite catchy. But still...... Terrible terrible band.
09.07.2011 - 18:12
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.06.2011 at 23:30

I always found "Falling Down" quite catchy. But still...... Terrible terrible band.

The song/album was made for that right there...
01.11.2011 - 05:26
noir1987
I love Atreyu too, especially the song called right side of your bed
----
Tired of doing quests to level up a new class in World of Warcraft? maybe you should choose WOW power leveling, it's a fast way to get a new class. So, choose a reliable World of Warcraft power l
18.12.2011 - 07:24
I cannot stand their first few albums (Curse, Suicide Notes, etc.), but Lead Sails is one of my all-time favorite albums.
It was one of the first "heavy" albums I ever heard, one of the first to get me used to unclean vocals, just all-around solid.

When Two are One remains a top-5 song for me, out of any genre.
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
18.12.2011 - 07:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
How can you like one of their albums if you hate the rest? :/

That's like if I hated killing prostitutes but I did like killing the one with syphilis because the rest of the hookers had STDs I just couldn't stand.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.12.2011 - 07:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.12.2011 at 07:39

How can you like one of their albums if you hate the rest? :/

That's like if I hated killing prostitutes but I did like killing the one with syphilis because the rest of the hookers had STDs I just couldn't stand.

They had a major style change with that album, switching from pretty bland "emo" metalcore to a more accessible sound, and dropping the whiny love stricken lyrics.

I know it's nothing that will ever be accepted here, and I'm not sure if I'd even like it now if it wasn't nostalgic, but back then it was everything a young high schooler just getting into metal could want.

As for your analogy....I don't know where to go from there.
----
Here at the edge of this world
Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead
03.01.2012 - 05:25
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Terrible band.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.03.2012 - 20:20
robbiehunter
Very good band, saw them live last year!

favorite song = the crimson
----
Metal Blog