02. Cross Of Arrogance
03. Bow To None
04. MFK
05. Goretopsy

Death metal
Recorded: Infestation Studio, UK 2009
Unsigned/Self-released
Total Running Time: 11:47

It's almost a relief to hear some primal death metal from time to time.

What Infestation does here is reinvigorating the energy of vintage Florida death metal, though the band sure is imposing enough to put their own stamp on the music. The Bow To None EP contains only five ferocious death metal assaults, overflowing with malevolence, but that's more than enough to blow you out of your seat. The knife-edge riffs are executed with enough technical intensity, the drumming is skull hammering and the vocals are just raw as fuck. The whole thing's just a blaze, really.

Gotta appreciate this band's unrefined, no bullshit approach. Stripping it down to the bare essentials of death metal, this UK band is giving it straight and in your face - and I like it. This is EP short, simple (as in, not overly technical) and to the point. In other words, drop dead smashing.

Bow To None is a little nice trip down memory lane, undoubtedly finding favor with a lot of you. We could discuss the questionable length of this EP (we want more dammit), or we could just agree the band has a high facility for short, knockout singles and give this tasty five tracker another listen. Do yourself a favor and go for the second option.

Written by Thryce | 28.01.2010

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 48 users
29.01.2010 - 02:12
Rating: 9
bard

Just checked out their myspace songs, pretty fun stuff. I agree nice and straight forward, as well as a nice variety between raw growls and higher pitched...wails? I'm going to keep my eyes on these guys.
----

Hits total: 3391 | This month: 10