05. The Training
06. Organized Lie
07. The Reckoning
08. Love Forgives
09. They Were One
10. God Is My Home
11. Apostasy
12. Of My Flesh, Of My Heart [bonus]

It is always exciting when one of your favorite bands comes out of retirement. The anticipation begins to build with every new snippet of information that gets published. Then the inevitable questions arise; "Is this going to be really good?" or "will this be another St. Anger?" One always hopes that the album will be strong but it seems more often than not the comeback is a letdown. With great pleasure I can state that is not the case here.

Living Sacrifice returns to us with yet another unrelenting Thrash Metal assault. The Infinite Order is more mature and straightforward than their previous albums with it's profession and no-nonsense approach. The tempo-changing riffs switch between the melodic and brutal with top-notch precision while the rhythm propels each song forward. Like any good Thrash album, guitar solos are present and fulfill their goal of rounding out the musicianship without detracting from song structure itself. The snarling vocal lines bring out the passion and seriousness of their lyrics while the shouting/chant style choruses add an extra layer of force.

Being one of the most predominate bands in the history of Christian Metal, Living Sacrifice are unapologetic in their worldview. The most consistent theme of this release is the power of the Gospel and overcoming the meaningless materialism that encompasses this world. Filled with imagery of redemption and grace in a world that has fallen this is not the feel good bubbly "Jesus is my girlfriend" lyrics found in much Christian music.

If The Infinite Order is any indication of 2010 in Metal then it is going to be a great year. Living Sacrifice is back and (maybe) better than ever. This album makes no apologies and offers nothing but intensity.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written on 29.01.2010 by Dane hails from Asheville, NC which is Beer City, USA. When he is not drinking various craft and micro brews, Dane fronts the Stoner Doom Metal band, The Quick. He also has a massive collection of Hellboy comic books.

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 130 users
30.01.2010 - 01:07
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Cool review dude, will check it out. Havent listened to these guys in YEAAAARS!
30.01.2010 - 13:46
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Has no-one here heard of Vengeance Rising, or read the story of the earlier incarnation of band before this work??

check out Vengeance Rising's [1989] album Human Sacrifice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vengeance_Rising

one of the most bizarre stories of metal i think.
30.01.2010 - 13:52
Rating: 8
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I thought you are not particularly into Thrash, Dane
----
loves 小巫
30.01.2010 - 16:41
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Ag Fox on 30.01.2010 at 13:52

Really? That is odd since I am the vocalist for a Thrash Metal band. Did I ever put out the notion that I didn't like it?
----
(space for rent)
30.01.2010 - 17:30
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Dane Train on 30.01.2010 at 16:41

Written by Ag Fox on 30.01.2010 at 13:52

Really? That is odd since I am the vocalist for a Thrash Metal band. Did I ever put out the notion that I didn't like it?
I got that notion from your post in this article: http://metalstorm.ee/pub/article.php?article_id=551
----
loves 小巫
23.02.2010 - 04:34
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
This review got me into this band.
'nuff said.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.02.2010 - 16:31
Ag Fox
Angel No More
The first two songs are great, but they seem to have lost the same quality afterwards
----
loves 小巫
17.03.2013 - 01:00
BlackHalo83

I really love this album

Hits total: 8101 | This month: 10