Slit Your Guts
Worship Your Demons
Cold Hate, Warm Blood
Carrionshine
We Bleed

Total votes: 33
01.02.2010 - 04:47
thewall30

First of all Cryptopsy is an amazing brutal death metal band for this of you are not aware of them, anyways just a little list of some their amazing songs...

I choose Phobophile because the song is just freaking great!
----
01.02.2010 - 04:54
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Heh.. my two favorites are not among the ones in the pool.

''Benedictine Convulsion'' from None So Vile has an excellent subtle bass work, not to mention the amazing guitar riffs and one of the best solos of the band.

My other choice would be ''Serial Messiah'' from Blasphemy Made Flesh, it has a funny introduction and its pretty catchy compared to the rest of the album, almost too atmospheric for Death Metal, but still it completly own me.

Voted for other then
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
01.02.2010 - 05:50
theflyingmachine

Open Face Surgery is definitely my favorite Cryptopsy track, followed by Pathological Frolic, Cold Hate Warm Blood, and Slit Your Guts...not necessarily in that order. A few other tracks from None So Vile (Dead but Dripping, Benedictine Convulsions, and Orgiastic Disembowelment) are also up there.
01.02.2010 - 07:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
From the list, probably Carrionshine, not just because of the incredible drumming, but for some reason I really like some of the guitar parts

and of course the bass explosion... omg that song destroys on a subwoofer

There's one song on ...And Then You'll Beg or Whisper Supremacy that's always been one of my favorites, but I'm horrible with song titles. It's just really energetic and pissed off, so I'll try to figure it out later.
01.02.2010 - 11:56
Tatras

"Slit Your Guts" but "Phobophile" is almost as good as "Slit You Guts".
01.02.2010 - 17:26
thewall30

Written by Dangerboner on 01.02.2010 at 07:16

From the list, probably Carrionshine, not just because of the incredible drumming, but for some reason I really like some of the guitar parts

and of course the bass explosion... omg that song destroys on a subwoofer

There's one song on ...And Then You'll Beg that's always been one of my favorites, but I'm horrible with song titles. It's just really energetic and pissed off, so I'll try to figure it out later.

Those freaking blastbeats Flo does in that song are unbelievable!

I still don't own ..And Then You'll Beg yet, going to get it soon...
----
01.02.2010 - 20:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have no, all what I listen is good, so I cant name any so no voteing this time
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.02.2010 - 21:43
theflyingmachine

Voice of Unreason is the only decent track on And Then You'll Beg, but that probably should've been in the poll, especially when anything from The Unspoken King is included.
01.02.2010 - 22:33
thewall30

Yeah, but I wanted to include at least one song from every album...
----
02.02.2010 - 00:23
Scorched Earth

Slit your guts, in my opinion, its the first cryptopsy song i heard and i have to say its been my favourite since
02.02.2010 - 01:12
Baz Anderson

I thought "Abigor" one of the people's favourite Cryptopsy songs.

Cryptopsy aren't really a band I listen to for "songs"... more like as chunks of album. All their albums have their plus points (well... maybe not the last so much)... it's impossible to pick one song though. "Emaciate" always caught my attention even though I don't like the vocals, but earlier ones such as "Abigor" are really great, but the production is kind of bad on that album.

"Once Was Not" was actually the album that got me into them, so maybe something from there.
02.02.2010 - 01:46
yosterdude

In that list I'd go with Cold Hate Warm Blood but my fav of all time is Serpent's Coil
----
Stay Br00tal!
02.02.2010 - 02:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Definitely "Keeping The Cadaver Dogs Busy" for me. The way the drum/jazz guitar intro breaks into the rest of the song is something I never get tired of. I could seriously listen to the first 20 seconds of that song on repeat for hours.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.02.2010 - 02:10
thewall30

Written by Doc G. on 02.02.2010 at 02:09

Definitely "Keeping The Cadaver" Dogs Busy for me. The way the drum/jazz guitar intro breaks into the rest of the song is something I never get tired of. I could seriously listen to the first 20 seconds of that song on repeat for hours.

Haha yeah, a lot of people don't like that little intro, but I also believes it makes the song even better...
----
02.02.2010 - 02:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by thewall30 on 02.02.2010 at 02:10

Written by Doc G. on 02.02.2010 at 02:09

Definitely "Keeping The Cadaver Dogs Busy" for me. The way the drum/jazz guitar intro breaks into the rest of the song is something I never get tired of. I could seriously listen to the first 20 seconds of that song on repeat for hours.

Haha yeah, a lot of people don't like that little intro, but I also believes it makes the song even better...

I think the little parts like that are what separate (or did, before Cryptopsy decided to suck) them from generic brutal death metal.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.02.2010 - 02:17
thewall30

Yeah I totally agree with you 100%
----
02.02.2010 - 17:10
theflyingmachine

Oh yea, Cadaver Dogs is definitely my favorite song from Once Was Not. That was a great one. Too bad these polls limit the number of options, because there would probably be about 25 potential best songs from Cryptopsy.
15.03.2010 - 22:59
Don Martin
le fu-
Born Headless, definetely. Followed by Pathological Frolic, Crown Of Horns and Phobophile. It's sad that my "None So Vile" has this illegible textbook, Lord Worm has awesome lyrics, hehe.
----
What a tackastrophe!
18.03.2010 - 05:23
JohnWayneGacy666

WORSHIP YOUR DEMONS is the best its 2 minutes of absolutely brutal death metal
23.09.2010 - 12:07
JD
Account deleted
Am going to choose my favorite song from each album

Once Was Not:
The Pestilence That Walketh In Darkness (Psalm 91; 5-8)

Blasphemy Made Flesh:
Pathological Frolic

None So Vile:
Graves Of The Fathers

Whisper Supremacy:
Depths You've Fallen

The Unspoken King:
Contemplate Regicide

And Then You'll Beg:
Shroud

I voted other because my favorite Cryptopsy's song is Depths You've Fallen
21.10.2010 - 03:58
thewall30

Written by Malphas on 24.09.2010 at 00:07

For me it's a tough decision between "Phobophile" "Slit Your Guts" and "Cold Hate, Warm Blood" i love those 3 can't decide which1 i love the most xD

Haha, yeah those three songs are probably my favorite aswell!
----
18.08.2011 - 16:54
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Probably Slit Your Guts and Phophile, but I voted Phobophile. The riffs are mighty.
18.08.2011 - 20:01
@gent_-_orange

Out of the songs on this list I would say open face surgery. I really love the section at around the 1:26 mark... The entire song is killer also.
28.10.2011 - 20:44
Shaddy

Mine is Angelskingarden. It's like a death metal symphony. I like the riffs and i like the drumming. I remember I had to do some research and consult with a dictionary to understand what the song is actually about - incest. I always loved the way Lord Worm expressed his lyrics, and here they only add depth to an already awesome song. And the insanity that begins around 4:10 remains one of the most violent things i have ever heard commited to a piece of music.

I also love Graves of the Fathers for the grooviness, and Pathological Frolic for the catchiness of them (:
----
November