Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
09.05.2007 - 07:48
Danigar

I love this band a lot, I fell in love with the works of Karma and Epica, and then TBH. And well about the new album I've listened a couple of times, and I agree is very different it has different elements buut, Im not sure I like it that much. Maybe I have to listen more, but im not too exited this time.
10.05.2007 - 06:54
MetalSpider

Well when I first heard it, I thought it was good but nothing special. After many listens I really like it a lot. I would probably say its their second best album, behind The Black Halo.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.05.2007 - 07:49
Nixx
Account deleted
Yeah, it's definitley a "must-hear-several-times" album, 'specially for those that've been fans of Kamelot ever since the beginning I think.
So I believe it grows for each time you listen to it.

The concert in Norway is in 9days so, plenty of Kamelot for me this week I reckon and Leaves' Eyes and Triosphere aswell, though Leaves' Eyes isn't my kind of music, it's acceptable, but not "outstanding" in my opinion.

Hoping for "Ghost Opera"
10.05.2007 - 12:11
Shadowmaker
Account deleted
Kamelot - one of my favourite Power Metal bands at all
11.05.2007 - 18:43
Judas
The Amputator
Kamelot are a band that have the potential to be really incredible. They have every element that is required to be a lasting name in the Power Metal scene. However, each time, to my ears, they somehow manage to come up short in some way or another. They promise a lot, and while always delivering good albums, haven't managed to have a single really great one yet. I think a big part of it is that Khan's vocals are pretty wimpy most of the time, with his true power only coming through on select occasions. The guitars fartass around a bit too much sometimes too, rather than focusing on good, solid Power Metal melodies. But I'm sure they'll get there one day.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.05.2007 - 18:54
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
@Judas: I agree with most of the things you posted, but despite it, Kamelot is an excellent band that imo, is very creative and varied
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
14.05.2007 - 12:38
Nixx
Account deleted
The really good thing with Kamelot, is (for me atleast)that they don't sound like any other Power Metal bands, they WANT to make their own sound, and @Judas, I guess the mayor reason Khan sounds "wimpy", is 'cos "A-ha" is his favourite band ;< plus he used to do opera.

only 5 days left!
wohooo!

(I've seen the setlist on their forum, and if it's the same as it was in Belgrade, then this is going to be a hell of a show!)
14.05.2007 - 17:48
High and Mighty
Account deleted
I haven't heard the new album. I really like Kamelot but many people told me not to listen to it... do I buy it or not?!
14.05.2007 - 17:50
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.05.2007 at 17:48

I haven't heard the new album. I really like Kamelot but many people told me not to listen to it... do I buy it or not?!

How come they told you not to? <_<

Well, I'm kinda "diverse" when it comes to metal, and I think it kicks ass.

Try and find a few samples or so and listen to it before you buy it, it's my best advise atleast.

Edit: it's worth mentioning though, that they've gone more symphonic/progressive than "tr00" Power Metal, but the album still got some nice heavy songs.
24.05.2007 - 22:46
Etaín

Listening the new album now. Heard some bad comments about the album, but i dont see why. Same great music, same great voice, overall a very decent album it seems. I like it Can already tell that 'The Human Stain' is gonna be a big fav
25.05.2007 - 03:16
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Etaín on 24.05.2007 at 22:46

Listening the new album now. Heard some bad comments about the album, but i dont see why. Same great music, same great voice, overall a very decent album it seems. I like it Can already tell that 'The Human Stain' is gonna be a big fav

Exactly what I thought aswell

and you're lucky in that case, Human stain, mourning star and ghost opera was played live this tour ;p
and tbh, those songs sound wicked live
25.05.2007 - 16:37
Etaín

Yeh i saw them last month, were great ofcours. I only remember them playing Mourning Star, dont know about the others. Great album
07.06.2007 - 13:21
Constantinos

For me it's a mistake to compare "Ghost Opera" to "Black Halo". These two albums are completely different. Different as it concerns the sound, the lyrics, everything. "Ghost Opera" is something new for the band itself. Youngblood said a long time ago (basically he answered a question that was made to him) that Kamelot don't try to compose an album that is going to be better that the previous. (If I find again the url for the interview I will post it. Can't remember it now!!!). "Ghost Opera" is one of the most genuine albums I have ever listened to. The bans knows its job, and it knows it well!!!
----
Somewhere in time I will find you and haunt you again, like the wind sweeps the earth
09.06.2007 - 09:52
TANO
Account deleted
My most favourite track on this new Album named "Ghost Opera" maybe Anthem and EdenEcho( I always listen to these two tracks together - just like only one track- and found out how exciting they were!). But anyway it's just all about my feeling. To be honest, the best track is Mourning Star and Love you to death, I extremely love these two tracks cause of catchy guitar work and Roy Khan's vox! Impressed by Blucher, it's a nice song. nice work with something very creative especially in the intro part!
09.06.2007 - 10:00
TANO
Account deleted
By the way, I've just joined this forum after a long long time I viewed all the posts in this nice metal community, where I live is Vietnam, a Southeast Asian beautiful country I'm so far away from all of you but I think there's no distance among the Metalheads!
09.06.2007 - 11:15
duyhung
Account deleted
(so sorry for the off-topic)

@TANO : welcome, mate. so I've found another one who speaks Vietnamese here
11.06.2007 - 10:20
Nixx
Account deleted
@TANO
What an awesome second comment, and a fine way to put point out the metal "tr00ness" and "culture" \,,/

My favourite track from Ghost Opera must be Rule the World though, I love the intro ('specially when Solitaire is included), and the lyrical work
("Sometimes I tremble like a little child, sometimes it feels like I could Rule the World" or something like that, a good statement which I think can fit everyone's feelings every once in awhile).
11.06.2007 - 10:34
Cruxis
Account deleted
I still prefer Epica and The Black Halo, but my favourite track on Ghost Opera is probably Blucher.
12.06.2007 - 15:15
TANO
Account deleted
@ duyhung : well, it's amazing to see you here and so unbelievable when I've found out our 360 blog's friendlist has some same nicks. ^.^
@ Nixx : it's really nice lyrical work in Rule the World. Ghost Opera is one of the best 2007 Albums to me. Not just because I'm prog/power fan or a Kamelot fan.

@ Cruxis : I've found different feelings in Epica, The Black Halo and this year's Ghost Opera but they're all great works from Kamelot. There's no reason why but I've found a little " The Haunting" in Blucher.
13.06.2007 - 04:11
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Kamelot kick ass, i havn't been able to get the new album yet, but its next on my wishlist... I'll let you guys know what i think of it, its great to see they are geting a great response here.
14.06.2007 - 10:54
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Interviews with Kamelot guitarist Thomas Youngblood and vocalist Roy Khan have been posted at the Hardrock Haven web site at this location. Enjoy.

Or direct links:
Thomas Youngblood interview.
Roy Khan interview.
20.06.2007 - 17:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Ghost Opera kicks major ass. It's a change, yes. Maybe not so catchy, a bit different form the past two albums, but it's indeed a great album, the orchestral arrangements are majestic, the lyrics are great, as always, and of course the video of "Ghost opera" is great.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
01.07.2007 - 12:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Video footage of Kamelot's performance at the Tochka club in Moscow (June 18, 2007) has been posted at YouTube for the following two songs: 'When the Lights are Down' and 'Abandoned'.
01.07.2007 - 22:21
Susan
Smeghead
I welcome this change It's not radically different, but their sound seems matured to me. It's unmistakably Kamelot though, just with a kick! hehe

I was disappointed with the last album and haven't been enjoying the direction they seemed to be taking their music. I wasn't planning on buying or even listening to this album but I'm so glad I did! It really blew me away. The energy was amazing and the melodies piercing; I'm pleasantly surprised and can't wait to let the music sink in even more.

This may be my favourite Kamelot album since The Fourth Legacy - their greatest materpiece!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
05.07.2007 - 11:33
Itoc
Trønder
There's a japanese bonus track called "Season's End", which is a beautiful song by Kamelot.
Still I know it was only released in Japan, but I simply can't find it.
I've searched through many torrent sites, but still no luck.
If you're from Japan, and have this track, please add it somewhere! I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who erally need this song!

Japanese Edition Bonus Track from Ghost Opera:

12. "Season's End"
06.07.2007 - 18:52
Imraghil

I fucking love this band. They are the best band in the world, Piriod!! taken from the pick of destiny (Tenacious D). LOL, but its true. Kamelot is the best band ever
18.09.2007 - 17:42
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A 10-minute video interview with Roy Khan conducted in June 2007 in Paris, France by Spirit-Of-Metal.com can be viewed at this location.
18.09.2007 - 18:05
April.Ethereal87
Account deleted
Kamelot have not yet disappointed me.

Lets all hope it stays that way.
19.09.2007 - 22:13
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Just for information and according to Kamelot official website, ex-Kamelot bassist Sean Tibbets (Royal Anguish) will rejoin his former bandmates on their upcoming European and Japanese shows. Due to family commitments, current Kamelot bassist Glenn Barry will not make the trip.

For complete information and dates you can go here.
24.09.2007 - 00:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A video interview with Oliver Palotai conducted during the band's recent visit to New York City has been posted on MetalMachine.net at this location.