Metal Storm logo
Kamelot

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.05.2006 - 15:38
The Power Metallers from the USA.

Underwhile pretty known. And there're plans for making a new album.
That news was written partly in the latest newsletter. Which was posted in the old Forum I thought.

Continue please. That will make me happy.
18.05.2009 - 16:55
MeloDeathViking
I have to say, I honestly hope they don't continue down the path of Ghost Opera completely. Don't get me wrong, I love the album, but I wish it had some faster stuff on it, similar to Epica and Black Halo. I mix of the old and new would be perfect. I hope they do a concept album, their albums seem to flow so much better that way. So a concept album that both mixes old and new styles would be perfect for me haha.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
20.05.2009 - 12:31
Lachy
Account deleted
I would say my favorite Kamelot album would be The Black Halo but Ghost Opera was still a great album. It would be great if they tampered with their style because i find bands that do that, even though the might not get it right the first time, end up getting a much better sound and at least then the wont run out ideas real fast. They are still a great band an i don't think they can go to far wrong.
21.05.2009 - 21:55
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
The Fourth Legacy is still my favourite Kamelot album. Are there any OG fans around here who have even heard of that one? Pure power metal from start to finish.

The Ghost Opera is an amazing album though, and could easily be considered their best as well. I did not enjoy the Black Halo much, it was dangerously generic. Great songs but to many uninspired riffs. The album just put a bad taste in my mouth, like it was written simply to garner new fans. It worked - many new fans love that album! But I was so happy to listen to The Ghost Opera and hear further musical exploration, not just marketing. And what a live show they put on
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.05.2009 - 01:49
Zelse
Fourth Legacy fucking rules.
24.05.2009 - 00:15
Omegabyss
Account deleted
4th legacy was my first Kamelot album. I had to survive with that for about 8 months. I hungered for more kamelot... but when i got Black Halo i never realy listened t 4th legacy again... its a great album, but most of the songs dont quite grip me like Halo and Epica do. plus is waS $11.99!!!
26.05.2009 - 13:20
Enissa
Anyone interested in bootlegs for Kamelot (audio and video)???!
29.08.2009 - 22:06
IllOmenNation
Getting a bit weak with the last album, but still hoping they can surprise me.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
05.09.2009 - 23:19
Ashavari
My favourite album would have to be The Black Halo, closely followed by Ghost Opera. Actually, I think Epica and Ghost Opera are about tied for me.
I also adore Roy Khan's voice. He is definitely one of my favourite metal vocalists.
----
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
And seem a saint, when most I play the devil
19.02.2010 - 21:40
MeTalRea|istiK
The fourth legacy is their best album!!karma 2nd..love their keyboardist..wonder how he feel everyday he can **** that female singer of epica..i wish i was oliver!!u rock dude!!also to mention..simone simons u rock too babe!!hehehehe
06.03.2010 - 01:45
Aeonian_Lich
The Fourth Legacy used to be my favourite album, but then it became Karma up until the release of Ghost Opera. The only album that i don't very much like of their Khan era is Epica. Ok Descent of the Archangel and Center of the Universe are great songs. But i found most songs boring.
14.04.2010 - 09:27
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Ghost Opera was one of the biggest disappointments of 2007. I can't in all honesty say, that I was expecting it to live up to The Black Halo, but it was a disappointment nonetheless. With the exception The Human Stain I found it to be too predictable and shall we say "normal". I felt, that the ballads were totally uninspired and were only put on the album for pacing reasons. Compared to the divine Abandoned, their Ghost Opera ballads like Anthem were down right boring. Overall, it was a 3/5 album at best, where as TBH is an easy 5/5 for me. I hope the new album will be closer to TBH (because it won't be better).
14.04.2010 - 11:40
Thor26
Awesome band. Might be the only US band that has the most European signature in their style.
----
With Odin on our side!
20.04.2010 - 15:36
lingus99
Great band and although I loved Ghost Opera it is weak when compared to Epica and The Black Halo. Also, The Second Coming - talk about trying to flog a cash cow. Releasing that upset me a bit. If you have live stuff to release, put it on an EP or release it with your next album. Don't fleece fans who alrady have the original version of the ablum.:nogood:
06.07.2010 - 18:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
For quite a while i was under the impression that these guys play euro flower metal just recently started listening to some stuff, i love how sometimes they sound like a heavier version of Scorpions(yeah weird association), like on the song Morningstar. the guy has a great voice, i like how he doesn't go over the top too often and keeps an atmospheric edge.
07.07.2010 - 11:05
Sulac
I'm seeing them in September. They're my current favorite band, (well, sometimes 2nd favorite, depends on my mood and what Amon Amarth I've been listening to) and I'm REALLY looking forward to the show. Anyone know how they usually do live?
07.07.2010 - 18:55
Hrothdane
Written by Sulac on 07.07.2010 at 11:05

I'm seeing them in September. They're my current favorite band, (well, sometimes 2nd favorite, depends on my mood and what Amon Amarth I've been listening to) and I'm REALLY looking forward to the show. Anyone know how they usually do live?

They put on a great show. Casey Grillo and Oliver Palotai each had awesome solos they did between songs. The stage effects were pretty cool too.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
08.07.2010 - 06:59
Sulac
Sweet. Really looking forward to the show!
12.07.2010 - 21:04
PassingBird
Possibly my favourite melodic metal band alongside with Evergrey and Sonata Arctica. I love all their albums with Roy Khan, specially Karma and Ghost Opera. Can't wait to check their next album!!
----
So gather your strength and break free
Or you will surely die
Gather your strength don't follow me
'Cause I will surely die
20.07.2010 - 20:56
Angel Of Mercy
They have a new album coming!

Why didn't I know about this?
----
Your time will come.
12.08.2010 - 18:54
Pazu
Kamelot is pure awesomeness. Unlike most of you, I really like "Ghost Opera" more than "Epica" and "Karma", which are still great albums. The best however has got to be "The Black Halo", which is simply the best studio album I've ever listened to.

I hope "Poetry For The Poisoned" is going to be better than Blind Guardian's "At The Edge of Time". It was still good ("Sacred Worlds" and "A Voice in the Dark" are amazing), but still I expected more of them.
18.08.2010 - 16:03
Wishmaster
Account deleted
@ZGoten, I agree.

I'm very excited for Poetry For The Poisoned. I can barely wait.
Kamelot is kinda unique, they mix Symphonic, Power and Progressive metal all together. Roy is also amazing. His vocals are fascinating!
19.08.2010 - 07:38
mismoree
Yes, in agreement with pretty much everyone else here, Kamelot is freaking awesome. The Fourth Legacy was the album that got me into power metal, so they will forever be amazing to me. I hope that 'Poetry for the Poisoned' will live up to their name, personally I think it will be a combination of The Black Halo and the good parts of Ghost Opera (and yes, there were some!)
20.08.2010 - 01:33
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Written by mismoree on 19.08.2010 at 07:38

and the good parts of Ghost Opera (and yes, there were some!)

SOME good parts?? Ghost Opera is a masterpiece!!! Did you really not like it? Care to elaborate?

I agree with you about Fourth Legacy though It was definitely one of my first power metal albums.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
20.08.2010 - 21:17
MeloDeathViking

I hope that 'Poetry for the Poisoned' will live up to their name, personally I think it will be a combination of The Black Halo and the good parts of Ghost Opera (and yes, there were some!)

I agree, I think I said something in an earlier post about hoping its a mix of the new and the old. I agree with the some good parts Ghost Opera haha. It just wasn't my cup of tea, it was alright, but nowhere near as good as it could have been.
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
20.08.2010 - 23:59
mismoree
Written by Susan on 20.08.2010 at 01:33

and the good parts of Ghost Opera (and yes, there were some!)

SOME good parts?? Ghost Opera is a masterpiece!!! Did you really not like it? Care to elaborate?

I agree with you about Fourth Legacy though It was definitely one of my first power metal albums.

I actually really liked Ghost Opera, it's just that I know some people that think that it sounded terrible and didn't have any good songs.
21.08.2010 - 22:04
Zelse
I think Ghost Opera is far and away the best thing they've recorded... I really hope PFTP follows in its footsteps. The artwork seems to, anyway. Can't wait to hear this. I'm meeting them in September!
22.08.2010 - 02:20
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Yeah, I always get nervous with new releases from bands like this. They've made such great music in the past and it took them a while to achieve huge fame. Usually once they do, that's when bands lose it and start catering to wide, bland tastes. I feel though, that if Kamelot WAS going to sell out they would have done it with Ghost Opera and instead Ghost Opera turned out to be quite the honest masterpiece. Hopefully that means the danger has passed Hopefully...
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
02.09.2010 - 19:28
Pazu
Guys what's wrong? Why hasn't anyone mentioned the new video yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woRaHKNEs8Y

I really like it. Those fingernails look a bit chip, but overall it looks very good. Of course it sounds great, too. :O
18.09.2010 - 23:41
ArtKiz
I've listened to Kamelot's new album it's ok, not that bad, though they could have done much better. I still like their older albums. I can't say I'm disappointed with "Poetry for the Poisoned" but I just prefer "Epica" and "Black Halo" more.
23.09.2010 - 23:37
pisymbol
I am actually a huge Karma fan. I still think that album and Black Halo are their strongest albums.

Poisoned is not nearly as good as IT SHOULD BE. It seems like the band couldn't decide on the sound signature so they did a bit of everything (but nothing really strong). There is not one song on that album that really stands out or fits in the Karma-Ghost era. I think they really need to not try to accomplish so much in an album and just focus.

They are still the one of the best prog metal bands around though...hands down...I was really disappointed they cancelled their USA tour.