Metal Storm logo
Voting for members

02.02.2010 - 15:00
Roro

Why not we make votes for members? for example, we vote for the active members and the winners take some sort of title or an icon or even get some rights in forum. on other hand, we do votes for the noisy members or members with bad behavior to ban them or just giving them suck title stick to them for always lol .. and for those who didn't even active his account, we do vote for eliminate or give them the title "R.I.P"
we can make this annually
02.02.2010 - 15:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We use to have it in old MS there vote for picsm but I dont see why we shood do it, its not a dating site and how you choose whoom give a vote , ok if winners get 20000 litres ofg whisky why not, otherwise I dont see sence
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.02.2010 - 15:27
FOOCK Nam

Written by Bad English on 02.02.2010 at 15:02

We use to have it in old MS there vote for picsm but I dont see why we shood do it, its not a dating site and how you choose whoom give a vote , ok if winners get 20000 litres ofg whisky why not, otherwise I dont see sence

I like comment on pics of members like in old MS. Personally, I feel bored of just foruming. We have thousands of pics and should encourage members and new members to the site by more features for them. Not to mention seeing metalheads holding their guitars are very metal on their pics.
02.02.2010 - 17:42
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Pfffffff. So what?
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
02.02.2010 - 19:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Not really a big fan of a "Miss Universe" pageant for MS. nor mob rule in determining who gets voted off the island.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.02.2010 - 19:26
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah...we used to have a point system within our name titles and people would +1 other people when they had something to say that really impressed someone or something that helped the website...it was kinda lame...
02.02.2010 - 20:19
Roro

Come on guys! stop acting like : i am too metal to do so :p , i think it will be fun .. and we can also create some title to give hmmm like : Mr. cranky, Mr. picky ..... and its NOT a pageant , its a game .. i am too bored :S !!
02.02.2010 - 22:02
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Roro: Do you not get it that we have already TRIED THIS BEFORE and it didn't work?
You've been here from what your profile claims since 2006...so you would know this already...and if you are bored, than start some interesting conversations to make things less boring...
03.02.2010 - 00:48
Lucas
Mr. Noise
The problem with stuff like this is that it is much too prone for abuse. Ordinary bitch-fights etc. will happen and much too often.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.02.2010 - 02:10
Baz Anderson

I think finding something to make the community a little more interesting to be a part of is a good idea. What though?
03.02.2010 - 02:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.02.2010 at 02:10

I think finding something to make the community a little more interesting to be a part of is a good idea. What though?

Well if it hepens syk be new job hunt donw vote system abysers LOL
How voting can make it interesting? voting and commenting maybe yes , but vote , and what this voting proves?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.02.2010 - 03:33
FOOCK Nam

I think finding something to make the community a little more interesting to be a part of is a good idea.

I agree, interesting community can get more and attract visitors as well make it lively. We should broaden its capacity of activites because it could keeps the visitors come back, and more fregquently visit.
03.02.2010 - 03:49
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust

We should have a trivia game where members compete for community points that can be used toward Metal Storm prizes: stickers, shirts, coffee mugs, posters, albums.

On the topic, I don't like the idea that regular members can interfere with my MS profile, there is already an epidemic of multiple account users for something as mundane as album ratings.
03.02.2010 - 15:33
Roro

Grrrrr ... alright alright! u guys are so frustrating !
ok i'll die for couple of days and i'll come out with a new idea
03.02.2010 - 17:06
Hamird
Lieutenant

I think a comment gadget on member pages might be a good idea.. But voting may cause a lot of multi-users, as you surely have seen the anti-Soulfly guy for instance..
But yes, I believe this community have enough active members and potential for having some other user-related features..
03.02.2010 - 18:47
Baz Anderson

Being able to comment on other people's profiles? That just asks for offensive behaviour, really.
03.02.2010 - 19:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
But it will be krieg i am for
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.02.2010 - 21:00
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.02.2010 at 18:47

Being able to comment on other people's profiles? That just asks for offensive behaviour, really.

Well, I've no idea, I thought it might be OK, something like Facebook wall was what I meant..
03.02.2010 - 23:25
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.02.2010 at 18:47

Yep, although I think that is a good idea in principle, it's probably too prone to being abused for it to work.

I also don't think having some kind of ''popularity contest'' on the boards is a good idea either. This is first and foremost, a metal board. And as much as anything else, I think that sort of thing goes against the metal ethic.

Maybe a reputation system for good posting? I dunno, again a good idea in principle, but could be open to abuse.
04.02.2010 - 00:16
Baz Anderson

Well we used to have a "+1" system where people could randomly give other users a +1... to their total of "+1"'s.
I never liked it though.
04.02.2010 - 05:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Baz Anderson on 04.02.2010 at 00:16

Well we used to have a "+1" system where people could randomly give other users a +1... to their total of "+1"'s.
I never liked it though.

no, it was horribly misused. rather than +1's for poignant posts with insight, instead typing something as amazingly deep as "immortal rulez:banger!:) would get people multiple +1's.

basically it almost worked backwards from how it should have.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.02.2010 - 13:06
Roro

Its not about rating or commenting profiles :S .. i meant to make an annual event to choose some members to promote regarding to their posts, behaviours and activities . and again its for fun
04.02.2010 - 13:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Roro on 04.02.2010 at 13:06

Its not about rating or commenting profiles :S .. i meant to make an annual event to choose some members to promote regarding to their posts, behaviours and activities . and again its for fun

Well, as much as I hate to shit on your idea, the promoting should be left up to the staff. Take me for example, I'm pretty sure there's a number of users on this site who really don't like me personally, but I got promoted to elite because I showed my dedication and willingness to contribute to the site. That's the way it goes with all staff. Since this is a webzine above all and the forums are of secondary value, the people should get promoted based on contributions rather than popularity.

On the contrary, I think you're on the right track though, I would definitely support an idea that encourages more person to person communication, creating a stronger "community" feel. The thing is just coming up with an idea that isn't prone to abuse...
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.02.2010 - 18:58
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I guess take some time to refine what you envision down to how it would actually be run and administered.

i imagine it would not involve "promotion" in the "advance in rank" sense of the word, only in the "get the news out" sense. we would have to be clear about that point up front.

and it would have to be done in such a way as to minimize chance for flame wars, abuse, griefing, etc.

as work on transforming it from a vague idea into what it might actually run like and post back.
----

05.02.2010 - 23:44
Roro

Yaaay i've got the green light to go :p :p .. but i didnt say i'd like to administrate it
anyway it was just an idea not arranged project, and so i asked for opinions
27.05.2010 - 17:13
JD
Account deleted
I didn't like the voting thing -1, but i like the R.I.P thing, but it's not gonna happen anyway
06.06.2010 - 16:25
Kennoth

Pretty bad idea, I never liked popularity contests of any kind, and that would be just it.

Though, I'm personally in favor for commenting on profiles/pictures. A user could set it up that only friends can comment, and/or to delete any unwanted messages.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
24.07.2010 - 07:02
Javier_000

Several years ago we had the comments on pictures and also a rating and fav to it.
Also, we already had some 'rating' for members wich represented into points wich were avaible to give from a member to another.

Now this two features have been removed. And i am guessing the member points were replaced for those community points.

I had over 41 points in my old account

It would be good to see the regular points back but i guess there comes a problem when users start giving points without control. This can be solved by a single validation but who knows...
----
i freaks my draulics phuckin' hoes in college... beetches swinging on my nuts is so stylish...
24.07.2010 - 22:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I remember when people could rate and comment on other's pictures, some pretty dickish comments got thrown around. The site did feel a bit like hotornot.com and general rating communities to be honest.

I remember all the interesting profound people on here and if you approve of someone's post why can't you just comment saying you do?
25.07.2010 - 02:12
ß
Problem?
If you want to comment on pictures, use Facebook, that's what it's there for. I'm happy that it was removed, it was just a big popularity contest and we don't need that here.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero