Metal Storm logo
Shining - Bassist Quits The Band

Swedish metallers Shining have issued the short following update on their MySpace blog:

"Just to let everyone know that Larsen has officially left Shining so that he can concentrate on his studies. He has been a great asset to the band during his time with us, and a good companion, and we wish him well for the future.

A new bass player has already been chosen, and we will be announcing more about this shortly."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Shining
Posted: 03.02.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 190 users
03.02.2010 - 00:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm sure Lucas knows this one: Did Larsen play on Halmstad?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.02.2010 - 00:37
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
No it was Johan Hallander who played bass on Halmstad if I remember well.
03.02.2010 - 00:42
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.02.2010 at 00:29

No, he didn't. But he did of course play on VI - Klagopsalmer.

Fun fact: in the booklet of V - Halmstad the credits are like this: "Shining is: Niklas Kvarforth. The Toolbox: *the other members*" And further: "All songs written by Niklas Kvarforth. Arranged, modified & performed by The Toolbox".

EDIT: WWS, yeah he did.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.02.2010 - 00:48
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Thanks WWS!

Written by Lucas on 03.02.2010 at 00:42

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.02.2010 at 00:29

No, he didn't. But he did of course play on VI - Klagopsalmer.

Fun fact: in the booklet of V - Halmstad the credits are like this: "Shining is: Niklas Kvarforth. The Toolbox: *the other members*" And further: "All songs written by Niklas Kvarforth. Arranged, modified & performed by The Toolbox".

EDIT: WWS, yeah he did.

The Tool Box? I'd take that as an insult if I were a band member...although I suppose they talked it out and agreed that they brought tools to his music so they comprised what is essentially a tool box. Weird stuff, but thanks for the info/answer. I only asked because if he had played on Halmstad I was worried his departure would change their sound (although he's only a tool so it doesn't matter anyway).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.02.2010 - 00:54
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.02.2010 at 00:48

The Tool Box? I'd take that as an insult if I were a band member...although I suppose they talked it out and agreed that they brought tools to his music so they comprised what is essentially a tool box. Weird stuff, but thanks for the info/answer. I only asked because if he had played on Halmstad I was worried his departure would change their sound (although he's only a tool so it doesn't matter anyway).

Haha well, you should know Kvarforth is a bit of a weird person.

I actually think that he was kind of right on this one though. I mean, I wasn't there during the writing process obviously, but Kvarforth has always been the one and only embodiment of Shining. Any member can leave, and many have for various reasons, but without Kvarforth there is no Shining. Founding member, visionary of the band, the only recognizable member of the band etc.

He told me that for V - Halmstad he actually did write all the music himself, but for VI - Klagopsalmer he actually allowed his other members to write songs. It's mostly a combination of him actually writing 95% of the music, his desire for a little bit of controversy and a bit of joking around with mates.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
03.02.2010 - 00:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Lucas on 03.02.2010 at 00:54

Written by Troy Killjoy on 03.02.2010 at 00:48

Haha well, you should know Kvarforth is a bit of a weird person.

I actually think that he was kind of right on this one though. I mean, I wasn't there during the writing process obviously, but Kvarforth has always been the one and only embodiment of Shining. Any member can leave, and many have for various reasons, but without Kvarforth there is no Shining. Founding member, visionary of the band, the only recognizable member of the band etc.

He told me that for V - Halmstad he actually did write all the music himself, but for VI - Klagopsalmer he actually allowed his other members to write songs. It's mostly a combination of him actually writing 95% of the music, his desire for a little bit of controversy and a bit of joking around with mates.

Weird? He sounds like a great person! And I agree with that concept...I mean if you are the band, everyone else is more or less disposable/expendable.

[jealous]Man you guys are lucky you get to meet/interview all these musicians.[/jealous]
----
03.02.2010 - 01:22
Symmachus

So, the bassist quit, huh? That is interesting news. By the way, it is interesting about the toolbox thing in Halmstad's liner notes, along with other stuff.
03.02.2010 - 02:02
Slyfang

I guess he got tired of Kvarforth kissing him all the time
03.02.2010 - 17:43
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2010 at 02:02

----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
03.02.2010 - 18:08
TheBigRossowski

Written by Slyfang on 03.02.2010 at 02:02

My thoughts exactly, lol. Oh well, replacement, no big deal.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
04.02.2010 - 22:13
raven_gates

I hope this band's memeber rotation has no disorder at the quality of a great band as like as shining.....

Hits total: 4416 | This month: 5