Metal Storm logo
Gordian Knot

03.08.2006 - 07:28
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...gordian knot is one of the most great progressive bands i've ever heard...it was formed by cynic's bass player sean malone...this project has a list of talented musicians who have participated in it from different bands like dream theater, king crimson, watch tower, aghora, cynic, death, spastic ink, osi, etc...the result, an excellent original progressive band which has a little bit of jazz, rock, metal, a very unique material...they have presented until now 2 albums "gordian knot" and "emergent"...imo both are extremely good...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.08.2006 - 16:03
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There wasn't a thread for this band? Crazy, I could've sworn there was one...anyway, it's really hard to get ahold of their music here...I wish I could purshase their albums but i can't....tried downloading them, no luck there...from what I've heard they're a very awesome band with loads of originality and talent...their drummer is phenomenal...
08.08.2006 - 07:56
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i looked for the thread and didn't find it...maybe it was in the old forum
...bad luck you couldn't get their albums because they are great, try searching at soulseek, i've found there very weird bands, maybe you'll find them there...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.08.2006 - 18:22
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
They are great. Just the fact that Malone has formed them is enough for me. I liked their debut vey much but i haven't heard Emergent.
10.08.2006 - 17:47
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.08.2006 at 18:22

They are great. Just the fact that Malone has formed them is enough for me. I liked their debut vey much but i haven't heard Emergent.

Oh my God, you should hear Emergent, amazingly written and executed, its just perfect, love the band Gordian Knot, extremely creative, im waiting for their next album.
11.08.2006 - 01:19
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Ah, Gordan Knot. What a fantastic band. Here is a bit of trivia, what was Gordian's Knot (the object the took their name)? It is a cool story.
----
(space for rent)
11.08.2006 - 07:39
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...emergent is my fav album until know, all the songs are excellent, i can hear it over and over again, and still don't get enough of it...you really have to check it out...

...hmm i'm not sure about the name, does it come from a metaphor somehow related to alexander the great and the fact of solving difficult problems???
----
25.09.2006 - 13:38
ylside

Excellent band, their self titled is really awesome and unique in itself, Emergent never did it for me :-/
11.10.2006 - 18:18
rui_prog_metal
Account deleted
Yes, they are great, phenomenal....all about then has been said already.
But guys you must check out Zero Hour....you wont regreat it!
13.10.2006 - 00:35
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Such a fucking fantastic, phenomenal, brillliant....It's crazy, but superlatives just don't work with this band, that's how good they are.
11.11.2008 - 15:24
baldur

Muttersprache and fischers gambit are my favourite tracks of emergent
04.12.2008 - 05:50
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by baldur on 11.11.2008 at 15:24

Muttersprache and fischers gambit are my favourite tracks of emergent

...i can't pick just one...the whole album is great, i can hear it over and over again...mm if i had to choose one it'll be muttersprache but this was a hard choice hehe
----