Metal Storm logo
Septicflesh

Original post

Posted by AncientOrigins, 03.08.2006 - 12:02
Septic Flesh were a Greek atmospheric Death Metal band with great albums under their belt, Esoptron has got to be my favourite. They disbanded in 2003, feeling that "they have reached everything they wanted with Septic Flesh, musically". Especially their last album "Sumerian Demons" is quite known and beloved by many.

Anyone into them in here?

02.02.2010 - 17:07
Scorched Earth

Written by Bloody Rain on 02.02.2010 at 01:47

You guys are lucky. When it came time for us to have the show, Septic Flesh decided that they "didn't like our weather" and cancelled their set. That pissed me off because I was really looking forward to seeing them.

that really sucks and it seems weak on their part, but is kinda odd cause when they came here it was literally the day after a classified blizzard
02.02.2010 - 21:27
SerratedSyringe

You guys are lucky. When it came time for us to have the show, Septic Flesh decided that they "didn't like our weather" and cancelled their set. That pissed me off because I was really looking forward to seeing them.

They put on a great show, but they seemed kind of elitist; like they were doing us a favor by playing or something. Also, their merch guy was a deuche, so I didn't buy any thing.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
02.02.2010 - 21:36
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by SerratedSyringe on 02.02.2010 at 21:27

They put on a great show, but they seemed kind of elitist; like they were doing us a favor by playing or something. Also, their merch guy was a deuche, so I didn't buy any thing.

Their merch dealer could barely speak English, you know. Maybe that was it?
03.02.2010 - 01:55
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
@Scorched Earth

It really was weak. Lightning Swords of Death flipped their tour bus and got stuck several times because of the snow and they still played. I remember the opening band played for like 15 minutes longer waiting for them and they literally just came in with their jackets and stuff and immediately started setting up their stuff. Well I'm done ranting. I'm actually over the fact that they ditched, I'm just pretty angry at something else right now and I'm letting out my rage so to speak.

Anyway, have a good night.
03.02.2010 - 11:59
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
I saw them in nicosia and they were just terrific .. what a show! so evil!.... so much quality, maybe my favourite band of this genre
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
06.02.2010 - 00:22
Misandry

Written by Guest on 02.02.2010 at 21:36

I'm pretty sure that was it. And I actually really liked their set. They weren't very elitist at all... I mean, did you hear some of the silly things the lead singer was saying? He was making jokes and being friendly about everything. Just in a very heavy accent.
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
06.02.2010 - 00:42
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Misandry on 06.02.2010 at 00:22

I'm pretty sure that was it. And I actually really liked their set. They weren't very elitist at all... I mean, did you hear some of the silly things the lead singer was saying? He was making jokes and being friendly about everything. Just in a very heavy accent.

That show was killer...the only disappointment I have is that they didn't play Sangreal, but that's a trivial thing. And yeah, the lead singer sounded like he was a really cool guy. I think I missed a chance to speak with one of the members when I headed to the restroom. The guitarist was at the merch booth chilling. I figured he'd be there later, but he wasn't. >:(
06.02.2010 - 00:46
Misandry

Written by Guest on 06.02.2010 at 00:42

That show was killer...the only disappointment I have is that they didn't play Sangreal, but that's a trivial thing. And yeah, the lead singer sounded like he was a really cool guy. I think I missed a chance to speak with one of the members when I headed to the restroom. The guitarist was at the merch booth chilling. I figured he'd be there later, but he wasn't. >:(

Oh, lame. I hate when that happens. Also, I'm pretty shy, so when I see band members just chillin' on the sidelines, I freak out and run away. XD
----
"Death solves all problems. No man, no problem." - Stalin
06.02.2010 - 17:46
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

I think I missed a chance to speak with one of the members when I headed to the restroom. The guitarist was at the merch booth chilling. I figured he'd be there later, but he wasn't. >:(

it has happened to me also. at first you see them and you want to talk to them and then you hold on a bit because you may be shy and then he leaves. fuck! it hppened to me in the cannibal corpse live with corpsegrnder but then came out the guy from obscura and i didnt loo the chance.

to be on topic now, expecting a great new septicflesh album!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
06.02.2010 - 19:46
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 06.02.2010 at 17:46

I think I missed a chance to speak with one of the members when I headed to the restroom. The guitarist was at the merch booth chilling. I figured he'd be there later, but he wasn't. >:(

it has happened to me also. at first you see them and you want to talk to them and then you hold on a bit because you may be shy and then he leaves. fuck! it hppened to me in the cannibal corpse live with corpsegrnder but then came out the guy from obscura and i didnt loo the chance.

Yeah, next time I will definitely not hesitate to talk to a band member if I happen to see one.

I'm expecting a really good album as well. In my opinion they just get better and better with each album. Communion was amazing, and I hope this new one will live up to it.
06.02.2010 - 19:54
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 06.02.2010 at 19:46

Written by Deadmeat on 06.02.2010 at 17:46

Yeah, next time I will definitely not hesitate to talk to a band member if I happen to see one.

I'm expecting a really good album as well. In my opinion they just get better and better with each album. Communion was amazing, and I hope this new one will live up to it.

i am a fan of this band only for 2 years and have heard only their 3 last albums but to be honest what i want is an even better album but what i believe is that it is almost impossible. i really hope they'll prove wrong casuse i love the music those guys create.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
06.02.2010 - 21:05
SerratedSyringe

Maybe I'm just a social outcast, but I've never really had any overwhelming desire to speak with musicians. Every time I have spoken with one, it was because they approached me first.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
06.02.2010 - 21:40
Scorched Earth

Written by Misandry on 06.02.2010 at 00:22

I was also really looking forward to Sangreal and they didn't play it... but Anubis made up for it I'd say.
06.02.2010 - 21:58
His Eminence
Account deleted
@Deadmeat: I'm sure if they don't surpass Communion it will still be a kickass album regardless.

@SerratedSyringe: I like to speak with and meet new people, especially if they're musicians. And you look like you could be in a band anyway lol, maybe they think you played on stage.

@Scorched Earth: You're definitely right. Anubis was really good as well. Btw did the lead singer ask you guys to do a wall of death during Persepolis?
07.02.2010 - 01:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 06.02.2010 at 21:58

@Deadmeat: I'm sure if they don't surpass Communion it will still be a kickass album regardless.

@SerratedSyringe: I like to speak with and meet new people, especially if they're musicians. And you look like you could be in a band anyway lol, maybe they think you played on stage.

@Scorched Earth: You're definitely right. Anubis was really good as well. Btw did the lead singer ask you guys to do a wall of death during Persepolis?

yeah but if they dont match it up they must make it sound differently (which i am waiting) to not be compared with it!
----
07.02.2010 - 07:00
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 07.02.2010 at 01:19

yeah but if they dont match it up they must make it sound differently (which i am waiting) to not be compared with it!

To be honest I hope they don't change the sound they had on the last album. The symphony was just perfect. I think experimenting at this phase would be detrimental to them, but who knows? They could turn out even better.
07.02.2010 - 11:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 07.02.2010 at 07:00

To be honest I hope they don't change the sound they had on the last album. The symphony was just perfect. I think experimenting at this phase would be detrimental to them, but who knows? They could turn out even better.

of this band i've only heard their last 3 albums and the most interesting thing is that these albums look completely different. that what i was saying is that the may have to make some changes cause i think that making a clone of communion wouldnt be good as it will be compared with this masterpiece..
----
07.02.2010 - 20:32
Scorched Earth

No, we didn't get asked to do a wall of death. It wasn't the biggest pit really and I don't think too many people would have participated if he did ask, the pit got like three times bigger during Behemoth's set.
07.02.2010 - 20:38
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Scorched Earth on 07.02.2010 at 20:32

No, we didn't get asked to do a wall of death. It wasn't the biggest pit really and I don't think too many people would have participated if he did ask, the pit got like three times bigger during Behemoth's set.

----
07.02.2010 - 20:47
Scorched Earth

Err... I think I may have quoted from the wrong thing, hehe.

Meant to quote His Eminence only...sorry Mr. Meat.
08.02.2010 - 04:21
His Eminence
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 07.02.2010 at 11:32

of this band i've only heard their last 3 albums and the most interesting thing is that these albums look completely different. that what i was saying is that the may have to make some changes cause i think that making a clone of communion wouldnt be good as it will be compared with this masterpiece..

Oh I see. I definitely agree with you then.

Written by Scorched Earth on 07.02.2010 at 20:32

I'm really not much of a pit person anyway. I didn't participate in the wall of death. Good thing I was smart enough to go to the back of the venue when Behemoth came on the stage, since the entire floor opened into a pit.
01.04.2011 - 05:17
MetalSpider

Well the new album is coming soon!!!!!! And I'm becoming exceedingly anxious!!!!!! The album trailer just gives me shivers!

http://www.septicflesh.com/

Trailer can be found there for those who have yet to see it
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
01.04.2011 - 11:35
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I have seen it and it is awesome indeed...
----
04.04.2011 - 12:00
zero

Can't wait for it!!!!!!
08.04.2011 - 02:43
Sub-AtomicChaos

I honestly could not really appreciate new Septic Flesh, when there are older and more beautiful gems such as "Esoptron" lying around.
08.04.2011 - 04:35
MetalSpider

Written by Sub-AtomicChaos on 08.04.2011 at 02:43

I honestly could not really appreciate new Septic Flesh, when there are older and more beautiful gems such as "Esoptron" lying around.

I guess the new Septicflesh isn't for everybody. Personally I prefer the new Septicflesh. The first album that I heard from them was Communion...before that, I had never heard of them. I have listened to Sumerian Daemons and Revolution DNA...and both are great albums! But for me its all about Communion...and the new album The Great Mass, I hope.
----

08.04.2011 - 09:57
zero

Well, Sumerian Daemons is great to and not so far from Communion
11.04.2011 - 16:50
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The new album is out! and it is great!!!!
----
11.04.2011 - 23:55
MetalSpider

Damn...I want to hear this now!
----

12.04.2011 - 19:31
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by MetalSpider on 11.04.2011 at 23:55

Damn...I want to hear this now!

i am not if it is better than communion but the band has evolved, experimented a bit more, and generally it sounds great! the time will show!
----