Metal Storm logo
Trivium - New Drummer Announced

Official press release

New York, NY Florida metallers Trivium are pleased to announce Nick Augusto as their new permanent drummer. Augusto was introduced to Trivium fans when he filled in behind the kit on last fall's "Into the Mouth of Hell We Tour" trek. He is now stepping in to permanently replace the departing Travis Smith.

Vocalist/guitarist Matt Heafy commented: "We're really happy to have our good friend and fellow Floridian Nick Augusto join the Trivium family. Nick's drumming is very technical and diverse and he brings a real intense energy to the band and we can't wait for everyone to hear the new song, "Shattering The Skies Above", that we just recorded with Nick. I think it's the best Trivium recording we've ever done; it's raw, full of energy and I think Nick's drumming really pushed us to a new level."

The always industrious Trivium are wasting no time in the wake of this line up shift and are staying busy as they work their new skinsman into the fold. The band has recorded two brand new tracks: the aforementioned "Shattering The Skies Above" will appear on the forthcoming, digital-only God Of War Blood & Metal EP, as well as a cover of Sepultura's "Slave New World". Video footage of the band and their new drummer recording "Shattering The Skies Above" is viewable here.

The band will also head right back out on the road, embarking on a tour of Asia, New Zealand, Australia and the UK, which kicks off February 11, in Jakarta, Indoensia and runs through March 24 in England. This will be the band's final tour dates in support of 2008's Shogun. Once the tour ends, the band will head back to the studio to work on their next album for Roadrunner Records.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Trivium
Posted: 04.02.2010 by CHEF METAL HEAD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 162 users
05.02.2010 - 00:10
insanity.peppers

It'll be a good day when this band flies off the metal radar for good.
05.02.2010 - 01:00
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Wow, didn't see that coming.
05.02.2010 - 04:52
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
This video has been removed by the user. Sounds like he isn't that good.
05.02.2010 - 06:39
Biedrik

Maybe he'll get them to actually make a good song.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
05.02.2010 - 15:34
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Why does everyone hate Trivium so much? I understand that Ascendancy and Crusade were horrible albums but I think they've really redeemed themselves with Shogun. They didn't really sound like Metallica wannabies anymore. Ember to Inferno actually wasn't that bad of an album either. There's definitely way worse bands out there.
05.02.2010 - 18:16
Jon

Wow, a new drummer for that most excellent of bands Trivium?! I shall go and find someone who gives a FLYING FUCK just as quick as I can!
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
05.02.2010 - 18:21
Bleed4Metal

I lost all hope in Trivium when Matt Heafy tried sounding like 80's James Hetfield. The first album I could get into but after that not so much. Pluse Iv'e been them live 4 times (not just for them) and they have sucked live 3 out of thoes 4 times
05.02.2010 - 18:54
Eddie Misery

Fuck this band.
05.02.2010 - 18:58
Thrash666

Written by insanity.peppers on 05.02.2010 at 00:10

Couldn't agree with u more.
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
05.02.2010 - 20:04
Crazy Booduh

Wow, so much hate. I wasn't too much of a fan of Ascendency or The Crusade (especially The Crusade) but I thought Shogun was awesome.
05.02.2010 - 23:25
Inlé

Exactly what I was thinking. There are plenty of obnoxious bands in the metal scene, but this one in particular is the proverbial turd that just won't flush.
06.02.2010 - 09:05
Joey Filth

Written by BaneConall on 05.02.2010 at 15:34

Why does everyone hate Trivium so much? I understand that Ascendancy and Crusade were horrible albums but I think they've really redeemed themselves with Shogun. They didn't really sound like Metallica wannabies anymore. Ember to Inferno actually wasn't that bad of an album either. There's definitely way worse bands out there.

You're absolutely right. Trivium don't deserve the amount of shit they're taking. With Shogun they made a much-needed improvement, and I feel they can only get better from here. There are far worse bands out there, and Trivium is starting to prove they do not belong with them.
06.02.2010 - 12:49
BF

Yeah I am sure that if you have just turned eighteen and got tattoo sleeves these guys are the perfect band for you. For those of us that don't care about the image and only want good tunes to listen to we can do better...
06.02.2010 - 15:04
Shadowcross
The Summoner
What a joke...

their newer stuff is awful, sellout joke fashion band
06.02.2010 - 19:27
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I remember the first time i saw these guys, it was a tour with CoB and Amon Amarth. when trivium came on everyone sstarted chanting FUCK TRIVIUM and three people spit on the singer guy, what a great show.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.02.2010 - 01:59
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Seeing all this hate coments makes me feel mature
Well the previous drummer was good, let's see how this guy does...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
07.02.2010 - 02:04
His Eminence
Account deleted
The only album I enjoyed was Shogun, but that was still just an average album. Hopefully the new drummer will introduce some new ideas that can better this band...
07.02.2010 - 14:58
Shadowcross
The Summoner
Written by AngelofDeth on 06.02.2010 at 19:27

I remember the first time i saw these guys, it was a tour with CoB and Amon Amarth. when trivium came on everyone sstarted chanting FUCK TRIVIUM and three people spit on the singer guy, what a great show.

lol that's terrible but imaginable .. where was that show?
08.02.2010 - 23:12
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Other albums aside, Shogun was great imo
----
loves 小巫
19.02.2010 - 19:04
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
In san francisco at the slims. in 2004 or 5. it was my first concert ever.
and i wasnt there to see trivium.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
16.03.2010 - 23:23
MetalMark666

HAHAHA!!! man i hope you fuckin die, Trivium may not have all the respect they want, but at least there good at actually doing something, by the way i look at your comment, you sound like the type of guy that just wants to be heard and is probably mad cause all he probably does is sit at home slittin his wrists, listens to chiodos or lame scene bands, and wants to get rid of the pain by doggin on a band that is very talented, more talented than youll ever be, so why wont you just go hang yourself for all i care, people like you dont deserve to live. FUCK YOU SPACKER CUNT!!!!!
17.03.2010 - 00:19
MetalMark666

Wow, well youre a lying sack of shit, i can tell youre lying because your whole message just sounded corny as fuck. Trivium Kills all them new shitty bands such as august burns red and miss may i, fuck them seen faggot bands. I mean if they did, Matt Heafy would no doubt in mind would woop them cunts asses, and youre like the biggest fuckin spacker on the planet, so go dog on some other bands than trivium.
18.03.2010 - 18:54
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by MetalMark666 on 17.03.2010 at 00:19

Wow, well youre a lying sack of shit, i can tell youre lying because your whole message just sounded corny as fuck. Trivium Kills all them new shitty bands such as august burns red and miss may i, fuck them seen faggot bands. I mean if they did, Matt Heafy would no doubt in mind would woop them cunts asses, and youre like the biggest fuckin spacker on the planet, so go dog on some other bands than trivium.

No that really did happen and the singer just bitched about it and didnt do anything. Only about three people actually liked the band everyone else hated them. Sorry but at least in the bay area everyone hates them and hates metalcore, and you too for being a fan of them.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
31.08.2010 - 12:04
BudDa

Does anybody know what happened to Travis Smith. Why did he leave Trivium?
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.

Hits total: 4197 | This month: 6