Metal Storm logo
The Killswitch Engage thread!

17.05.2006 - 15:58
Nyhus
Account deleted
Okey, i made one a thread identical to this one, before all of them dissapeared.
uhm, i think we were discussing the band and something about some of their lyrics beeing christian or something.

So, lets talk Killswitch Engage
18.05.2006 - 06:40
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Yes, their lyrics. It was actually their message that brought me to them. I have never been a fan of Metalcore to begin with. Sure there is The Dillinger Escape Plan, and The Red Death that I like, but that was about it. But With Killswitch Engage, they were able to take a very similar approach to lyrics that Jars Of Clay does. Whey musicaly the two bands are opposites, it is their lyrical content that is similar. Both write songs, that from the outside, apear to be love songs towards a person. Themes of passion, confussion, brokeness, sadness, hurt, loss and love all flow through the words. But when you take a closer look, you see they are all song written for the glory of God. Now, they are not nessicarily 'praise songs', but the band is focused on Christ.
----
(space for rent)
23.05.2006 - 14:15
Stoemp
Anyone seen the recently released DVD 'Set this world ablaze'? In my opinion a great gig. I hope to see them soon in Belgium.
24.05.2006 - 10:30
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Killswitch Engage - Full Version of New Track 'This Fire Burns' :

You can now check out the full version of the new Killswitch Engage track 'This Fire Burns', a cut recorded to support the "WWE: Wreckless Intent" disc.

WMA 56k
WMA 100k
Real Player
Quicktime

(Source : http://www.sonymusic.com)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
24.05.2006 - 12:13
Stoemp
Damn I'm at work... I can't listen to it now... must hear new KSE song now...grrrrrrrrrr
30.05.2006 - 07:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I happen to like their debut self-titled album the most... fuckin' strong and desne album... well, they're probably my favourite Metalcore act after the allmighty Unearth.
04.06.2006 - 19:28
malice05
Account deleted
hey yeah i heard "This Fire Burns" about 2 months ago, awesome song, amazing song, looks like the new Killswitch Engage material will be awesome and im excited!!

there DVD is bloody awesome, a spectacular concert played and awesome behind th scenes with Band members, and fellow Musicians, most noteabley and fellow Bostoner, Brian Fair, of Shadows Fall.

i really like this DVD, and enjoy all of the Killswitch Engage albums, most probably The End Of Heartache the most, due to it being the first album i bought...

cheers, Malice05
04.06.2006 - 22:02
Stigmatized
I saw them live in '04 with Howard. Good show, with the exception of Howard. He wasn't a very good live singer. As far as their studio albums go. I like their first two, especially "Alive or Just Breathing".
05.06.2006 - 18:00
malice05
Account deleted
from everyone i have heard saying Howard is amazing live..and from what i c on the DVD he is also amazing...i hear everyone say he has a powerful presence and voice and the crowds love him..i dunno might have been a bad night or off night for him...not sure...

i would have seen him when they came to Australia, but sadly i didnt wanna have to stand through listening to The Used or Story Of The Year..

cheers, Malice05
07.06.2006 - 02:07
Ibanez07
Account deleted
they were great live, iv seen them twice... howard has a presence, but i think most of the presence came from adam...hes crazy... funny dude, u never kno wut to expect from him. last time i saw him he came out on stage in short shorts and make-up, complete with lipstick.
18.06.2006 - 20:26
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 07.06.2006 at 02:07

they were great live, iv seen them twice... howard has a presence, but i think most of the presence came from adam...hes crazy... funny dude, u never kno wut to expect from him. last time i saw him he came out on stage in short shorts and make-up, complete with lipstick.

Adam does make the live show a lot better. He was easily the best part when I saw them.
04.07.2006 - 19:47
nick35
Account deleted
one of my favorite metalcore bands love there vocal style. cool guitar riffs too. now excuse my while i bid farewell
05.07.2006 - 07:33
Nevermore
Account deleted
same here, not really a fan of metalcore but Killswitch Engage rocks. Rose of Sharyn is a fucking nice song
14.07.2006 - 02:28
Bass_Grime
Account deleted
jesse made killswitch

im sick of having to explain that killswitch are my favourite band but not the killswitch with howard in

howard is ok but nowhere near as good as jesse and i just wish that they changed there name

im not hating but i know what i like and howard is not up to scratch lyricly or vocaly
19.07.2006 - 01:11
Nyhus
Account deleted
Wtf? Howard is a mutch better vocalist then Jessy ever was. His specter of voice is so mutch larger. And Jesse did not make Killswitch. They have the sound that they've got thanx to mostly Adam and thouse who composed the music. Not Jesse who just wrote text(?)
19.07.2006 - 09:11
Bass_Grime
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.07.2006 at 01:11

Wtf? Howard is a mutch better vocalist then Jessy ever was. His specter of voice is so mutch larger. And Jesse did not make Killswitch. They have the sound that they've got thanx to mostly Adam and thouse who composed the music. Not Jesse who just wrote text(?)

so funny that people actualy like howard , its all just opinion mate but howards lyrics are so meaningless its like he's trying to be depressive and artistic but it doesnt work for me neither does the posh voice, jesse put passion into the songs he made with killswitch and very deep thought just compare them please and you will see

each to there own but this kind of conversation would not of existed if they would of just changed there name , everybody would still know that its just killswitch with a different vocalist but at least then when i say killswitch are my favourite band to people normaly people of your age they would know i dont mean killswitch with howard
24.07.2006 - 23:58
Nyhus
Account deleted
I dont get that. Dont think Jesse's lyrics was more meaningfull, neither that he sang with more passion. But i guess that because Howard is the one im used to.
23.08.2006 - 17:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Time to revive this thread (and make your day if you're a Killswitch Engage fan) :

Killswitch Engage - Set To Release New Album :

Killswitch Engage has titled their upcoming album "As Daylight Dies." Produced by Killswitch guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz, the effort will hit stores on November 21st via Roadrunner Records. Speaking to MTV.com, bassist Mike D'Antonio had the following to say :

"There was really hardly any thought put into it at all. It just came out and we hadn't written in so long that everyone had a lot to contribute. It felt more like the sessions for Alive Or Just Breathing, where everyone was contributing, and everyone had a say. That is more, to me, what the Killswitch style is. But, it is the typical line that everyone gives you - that this is a heavier album ? but it kind of is. It's definitely way heavier. There are still the melodic choruses here and there, and there's a lot to latch onto. But it's heavy."

(http://www.killswitchengage.com)
----
03.10.2006 - 16:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
(Posted 07.09.2006 at 20:36)
The cover artwork for Killswitch Engage's new album, "As Daylight Dies", has been posted online at this location.

Due on November 21 via Roadrunner Records, "As Daylight Dies" is the result of more than a month and a half in the studio with Killswitch Engage guitarist and one of metal's "it" producers, Adam Dutkiewicz (Underoath, All That Remains). Dutkiewicz is also mixing the record, which will feature a dozen songs, including "This Is Absolution", "For You" and the title track.

"There was really hardly any thought put into it at all," bassist Mike D'Antonio told MTV.com. "It just came out and we hadn't written in so long that everyone had a lot to contribute. It felt more like the sessions for [2002's] 'Alive or Just Breathing', where everyone was contributing, and everyone had a say. That is more, to me, what the Killswitch Engage style is. But, it is the typical line that everyone gives you ? that this is a heavier album ? but it kind of is. It's definitely way heavier. There are still the melodic choruses here and there, and there's a lot to latch onto. But it's heavy."

(http://www.mtv.com)

----
EDIT:

Lol the interest in this band is so enormous...

Killswitch Engage - 'Daylight Dies' - First Audio Stream from New Album :

Today Roadrunner Records is premiering 'Daylight Dies,' the first audio stream from Killswitch Engage's forthcoming album "As Daylight Dies", in stores November 21 - check it out here.
----
05.10.2006 - 05:01
Winter Death
Account deleted
These guys produced amazing guitar tones on the last album. It was so heavy and yet so defined that it could almost be considered ideal.
13.11.2006 - 06:19
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I saw Killswitch the other night. First show, of their first headlining tour, ever! Well, the show actually sucked. Killswitch was good, as was All That Remains, and Bury Your Dead. I didn't get to hear 2 Cents 'cause the venue didn't let people in on time. Then we we did finially get in, we only saw Bury Your Dead for about 10 minutes, and All That Remains played for about 20 minutes (due to a new drummer they picked up the day before). The problem was that Tremont is a bad show. The lay out is like a basement. A really really large basement. So unless your dead center, you can't see anything. So about 2,000 people only heard the bands. Well, heard as much as possiable.The sound sucked. THe PA's went out. The kick was over micked. Sound went out some times. Guitars faded. Bad. Bad. Bad. Plus some idiot started a fight just pissed people off. Sure people go to a show and expect moshing, but no one tries to hurt anyone, well, anyone in theior right mind doesn't try and hurt people. Also there were all these Scene Kids there. You know, 15 year olds walking around with their girlfirend, wearing matching Killswitch shirts and emo hair cuts.

AH!
----
(space for rent)
13.11.2006 - 09:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I saw Killswitch Engage open up for Kreator back in the summer of 2004 and I think Atyeru or something opened up...just like Jed said, the sound was terrible...but I think you can say that for every hardcore band...they just can't seem to get their sound right...the scene was again just like Jed described...little 15 year old emo kids walking around with their dumbass girlfriends with stupid haircuts and the Killswitch shirts on...I also think that some drunk dude started a fight at that show too lol...
13.11.2006 - 22:07
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Killswitch Engage's Howard Jones and Adam Dutkiewicz were filmed giving a play-by-play summary of each song from their forthcoming As Daylight Dies album.
Click here to watch the first three episodes and look for more clips to be added throughout the week.

Check out the new Killswitch Engage eCard here.
----
11.12.2006 - 19:57
Sunioj
As musicians I respect them, as a band they were one that got me into more extreme music, not to mention that this band comes with alot of good memories....opinion? Im not into their stuff anymore, I think its too emotional and sometimes overdone, but musicianship IMO in this dept kick the shit out of opinion.
21.12.2006 - 19:08
PlasticMoonRain
Account deleted
IN the new issue of Guitar World, Adam and Joel go into a lot of detail on how to play "My Curse." The cool thing is they do it with Andy Aledort, who is like that magazine's resident guitar genius and tab king. For you visual types, they have a video of the guys and their guitars on the disc that comes with the magazine.

It's the February issue with Zakk Wydle dressed up as Santa Claus (!!!).

Drew
07.06.2007 - 22:42
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Stigmatized on 18.06.2006 at 20:26

Adam does make the live show a lot better. He was easily the best part when I saw them.

Adam was the worst part of the show when I saw them. The other members were attempting to put on a great show and Adam was so drunk he just made an ass of himself all night long. He kept yelling at the audience to mosh and drink more beer. While Howard was just very pleasant and was all about meeting us.

Written by Guest on 05.07.2006 at 07:33

same here, not really a fan of metalcore but Killswitch Engage rocks. Rose of Sharyn is a fucking nice song

That is my favorite song by Killswitch!
----
(space for rent)
08.06.2007 - 10:49
Sunioj
The problem I have with their stuff after listening to half an album, it just seems the same...

intro>heavy verse>emotional chorus and slower playing> and all over again.

But the intro to As Darkness falls is fucking tight though. I heard one song from their newest, forgot the name, but it has a video to it. I think that song is also very tight though, nice groovy leads, it just sounds like signature killswitch but more groovy. Now that I mention that, Im going to check out their new album soon.
12.06.2007 - 11:01
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Professionally filmed video footage of Killswitch Engage's performance at the Download festival has been posted at YouTube here. Enjoy.
13.06.2007 - 22:24
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Thanks for those links Winter Sun.

The band is tight there.

Hellraizer,
that is sort of the nature of Metalcore. It is not a very experiential genre, at this point. But think about Heavy Metal, Glam Metal, Power Metal and Nu Metal, they all follow a formula too.
----
(space for rent)
25.09.2007 - 19:46
?Master?
Account deleted
i like em
old stuff is better to me
but they did rock the fuk out of holy diver...respect to DIO