02. White Skies
03. Fireseason
04. New Tears Eve
05. Herodisiac
06. Incantatrix
07. Sacrificial
08. A Greater Darkness

Additional info
Produced, mixed and mastered by Tue Madsen.
Drums recorded at Antfarm Studios, Aarhus, Denmark.
Alpha session June 2011; Omega session September 2011.
Pre-produced and arranged by Benny Richter at Inferno Studios, Olival Basto, Portugal. Summer 2009, Spring 2011.
Additional production and tracking by Pedro Paixão at Inferno Studios, Olival Basto, Portugal.

Art by Seth Siro Anton.
Band pictures by Paulo Moreira / Naked.
Hair and makeup by Ninja Chanel.
Band logo by Adriano Esreves / Burokratik.

"New Tears Eve" is dedicated to Peter Steele (Type O Negative).

Staff review by
Ivor
Rating:
N/A
Moonspell have tried to pull off an Opeth.

Read more ››
published 08.09.2012 | Comments (22)

Found in 40 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 6

Comments: 178   Visited by: 1678 users
30.04.2012 - 20:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
What kind of fanboyism leads this straight to an 8.8? This is a turd of a release and I'm surprised at the hype it's received.

For shame, people.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2012 - 21:48
Rating: 9
The Melting Snow

Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2012 at 20:46

What kind of fanboyism leads this straight to an 8.8? This is a turd of a release and I'm surprised at the hype it's received.

For shame, people.

It's a great metal album. haters gonna hate. 5? quite clear who's biased
30.04.2012 - 22:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Melting Snow on 30.04.2012 at 21:48

So biased! Like I've been following this band since never and I didn't care about when it was going to be released but bothered to give it a listen just to see what all the fuss was about. In typical Metal Storm fashion, yet another absolutely bland excuse of an album achieves chart-topping status before it eventually becomes sacked by appropriate mid-level ratings from more objective users who don't blindly throw out 10s to anything with their favorite band's logo on it.

Much like Cannibal Corpse's latest, you can expect this thing to fall - and deservedly so.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
30.04.2012 - 22:15
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

it's a mediocre metal album. lovers gonna love. 10? quite clear who's biased
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.04.2012 - 22:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
V What a fucking joke
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
30.04.2012 - 22:28
Vonpire

Hey, STOP EVERYTHING!!! The LAW has talked! If he says it's mediocre it's because it is!!! (NOT ) End of discussion!

Shame on you guys really, anything from top deserved bands for you i'ts crap, turd, average, etc etc etc.

Really, spare us of all your bullshit talk, there are no more patience for that. I really start to think you guys don't get metal AT ALL!
----
Beware the Shadows of Dusk
30.04.2012 - 22:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Vonpire on 30.04.2012 at 22:28
Really, spare us of all your bullshit talk, there are no more patience for that. I really start to think you guys don't get metal AT ALL!

Sorry for voicing my opinion bro. Next time I'll just stand in line and conform to what the masses think.
----
30.04.2012 - 22:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
My previous comment was misleading. The arrow should have been pointing down. :\ Gonna fix that asap.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.04.2012 - 22:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by X-Ray Rod on 30.04.2012 at 22:30
My previous comment was misleading. The arrow should have been pointing down. :\ Gonna fix that asap.

I thought you predicted the future for a minute. I'm assuming he's still upset because we don't like Draconian's last album...
----
30.04.2012 - 22:35
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2012 at 22:31
I'm assuming he's still upset because we don't like Draconian's last album...

That's because we don't know shit about giving credit to well deserved bands.

Which is funny because I'm pretty sure we do like many bands that are pretty well known.
----
Rod, let me love you.
30.04.2012 - 22:36
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Vonpire on 30.04.2012 at 22:28

Hey, STOP EVERYTHING!!! The LAW has talked! If he says it's mediocre it's because it is!!! (NOT ) End of discussion!

Shame on you guys really, anything from top deserved bands for you i'ts crap, turd, average, etc etc etc.

Compare this new one to classics such as Wolfheart and Irreligious and you will see that it is average. It seems like you're the one that doesn't get metal at all. A typical blind/deaf fanboy. Those sorts of people are the true danger to metal and bands cause when bands listen to them they think that everything they put out is great.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.04.2012 - 23:16
Vonpire

Ridiculous. People will see.
----
01.05.2012 - 00:12
Zap
History repeats itself once more.
01.05.2012 - 00:59
Vonpire

Not this time, I assure you. I don't give a damn fuck about this kind of people who disrespect purely and "free-of-charge" people who vote the music they like. I have nothing more to say. All was said and everyone with a brain (and not desperate also...) already got that long ago. Long live goth metal chicks

Cya "bad-taste-in-metal" boys who listen to a album once, already in mind throwing a immediate 5 and criticize who rate the album accordingly after several and sincere listenings. And worse, those are the FANBOYS who "can expect this thing to fall". "The thing" was what i would like to see attacking those guys

Já agora um grande abraço a todos os metaleiros Portuguêses neste forum.

Translation for the "cgl Marcel" Staff member of the above sentence, since he has no google translate... "A big hug to all the Portuguese metal-heads on this forum.

Liked Mr.?
----
01.05.2012 - 01:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Speak English or at least provide a translation, read the FAQs
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.05.2012 - 01:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
In regards to fanboys of any band, be it this or another, they are easy to spot. they are the people who score five or six releases by the same band straight 10's.

those and the 1-monkeys are the first two groups i wipe out before considering whether or not something is worth checking out.

as for this release, shame CM won't put it up on Spotify... so meh.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.05.2012 - 01:16
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.05.2012 at 01:06

Speak English or DIE!

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.05.2012 - 01:27
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.04.2012 at 22:36

Compare this new one to classics such as Wolfheart and Irreligious and you will see that it is average.

100% True, can't agree more with this
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
01.05.2012 - 01:43
Lit 2.0
Account deleted
Written by The Melting Snow on 29.04.2012 at 23:47

naaa, a 10 makes much more sense. 10 means your expectations were fulfilled, and the band goes beyond itself with their release.

But... it's Moonspell...
01.05.2012 - 01:49
Kenos
Account deleted
"Night Eternal" was a little better. This one seems more aggressive but vapid and... Forced? Meh, dunno how to explain that. The fact is that it quickly gets tiring/flat and, just like Paradise Lost's latest album, it's basically decent, well played, well produced, well hyped etc. but not interesting enough to deserve further listens. I was kinda expecting it, though. 6,5/10

EDIT: I was wondering... Why do I keep following metal if there's barely something that manages to satisfy me? I noticed I get excited for so few metal releases nowadays (and they decrease every year) that being registered on a community like this starts to make no sense. Maybe I should quit and let every "true metalhead" give his/her fav bands all the 10s he/she wants, because judging from the really high average rating of a lot of albums (this one, for example, got a 8.8/10 = masterpiece, excellent, close to being perfect etc.) perhaps I just don't understand anything and I may have lost my interest in a music genre I used to love. Who knows.
01.05.2012 - 02:37
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
I feel like rating this a one, just to piss people off.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.05.2012 - 04:45
Rating: 8
infernaldeath87

Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.04.2012 at 22:12

So biased! Like I've been following this band since never and I didn't care about when it was going to be released but bothered to give it a listen just to see what all the fuss was about. In typical Metal Storm fashion, yet another absolutely bland excuse of an album achieves chart-topping status before it eventually becomes sacked by appropriate mid-level ratings from more objective users who don't blindly throw out 10s to anything with their favorite band's logo on it.

Much like Cannibal Corpse's latest, you can expect this thing to fall - and deservedly so.

Hey wait a minute!!! Torture is really good! Even though it sounds like Kill...
01.05.2012 - 11:05
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Just forget the names, forget the awards, forget everything.
Just listen to the music, people. If you wanna prove something, use facts, not personal taste or personal preferences. Because there's no point at bashing personal opinions.

Personally I find it perfect but I don't see any reason to prove why. It's my personal opinion.
01.05.2012 - 11:28
The Melting Snow

Written by Monolithic on 01.05.2012 at 11:05

Just listen to the music, people. If you wanna prove something, use facts, not personal taste or personal preferences. Because there's no point at bashing personal opinions.

Personally I find it perfect but I don't see any reason to prove why. It's my personal opinion.

Spoken like a true metalhead
people just get sore when their personal favorite albums dont get recognition, and they lash out on those who deservedly reach the top.
01.05.2012 - 12:00
Rating: 7
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by The Melting Snow on 01.05.2012 at 11:28

Written by Monolithic on 01.05.2012 at 11:05

people just get sore when their personal favorite albums dont get recognition, and they lash out on those who deservedly reach the top.

Its interesting that you praise his comment about 'no point at bashing personal opinions' then proceed to claim that those who don't accept this album as being 'deservedly' at the top is just 'lashing' out. I don't think this album is anywhere close to exceptional, does that mean my reaction is simply a negative response to this album because I enjoy the music of lesser known bands more? Am I just fooling myself if I think other albums are more deserving of recognition than this particular album?

Also, having an opinion which consists entirely of the description 'perfect' isn't much of an opinion at all really. Not saying that you guys can't elaborate on why its so good but the fact that you deny the necessity to do so just seems like an excuse to me.
01.05.2012 - 13:12
The Melting Snow

Quote:
Quote:

Its interesting that you praise his comment about 'no point at bashing personal opinions' then proceed to claim that those who don't accept this album as being 'deservedly' at the top is just 'lashing' out. I don't think this album is anywhere close to exceptional, does that mean my reaction is simply a negative response to this album because I enjoy the music of lesser known bands more? Am I just fooling myself if I think other albums are more deserving of recognition than this particular album?

Also, having an opinion which consists entirely of the description 'perfect' isn't much of an opinion at all really. Not saying that you guys can't elaborate on why its so good but the fact that you deny the necessity to do so just seems like an excuse to me.

well, you gave it a 7. that's reasonable, acceptable by any standards, caz it depends upon your own taste in metal.
i was talking about the people who give albums a rating of 1,2,3 or 4. which totally doesnt make sense.
01.05.2012 - 13:57
Rating: 7
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by The Melting Snow on 01.05.2012 at 13:12

well, you gave it a 7. that's reasonable, acceptable by any standards, caz it depends upon your own taste in metal.
i was talking about the people who give albums a rating of 1,2,3 or 4. which totally doesnt make sense.

That I can agree with, to me anything below a 5 essentially means I find the music not only poor but insulting, both of which this album isn't, at least to my ears.
01.05.2012 - 15:24
Rating: 6
PocketMetal

7 for alpha noir , 5 for omega white . was Omega White supposed to be emotional ? xD
really nothing special on this album , after 3 listens I'm still unimpressed ,
01.05.2012 - 15:28
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Such stuff happens when there are no "formal" standards to rate an album.
f you can't stand people saying that it's perfect without elaborating why then you should know that while I don't see any reason to explain, I don't give it a 10 because of some hype or buzz in the community or because I'm a die-hard fan. I have my own reasons to rate, and I really think explaining them can be a wase of time. But then again, I understand what you say
01.05.2012 - 16:47
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by The Melting Snow on 01.05.2012 at 13:12

I gave it a 5, and that was being generous. You don't think it makes sense that people think this album is anywhere from "bad" to just a piece of shit?
----

Hits total: 44483 | This month: 56