08. On The Way To Ainor
09. The Frozen Tears Of Angels
10. Labyrinth Of Madness [bonus]
11. Sea Of Fate [orchestral version] [bonus]
12. Immortal New Reign [Japanese bonus]

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
The mighty Rhapsody are back with a new label after years of legal battles. The question is; have the past years exhausted the band, or is The Frozen Tears Of Angels the masterpiece they claim it is?

There's no doubt that The Frozen Tears Of Angels is a Rhapsody album; flamboyant, colourful, cheesy and theatrical, the kings are back. This isn't the absolute masterpiece you might have been waiting for however, but neither is it a disappointment. Opening "Sea Of Fate" might show us that Luca Turilli's fingers haven't ceased up, and the silky smooth "Crystal Moonlight" might be mildly catchy, but these songs fall short of the wild energy and pomposity you might have experienced on the Dawn Of Victory or Power Of The Dragonflame albums for example.

Read more ››
published 08.05.2010 | Comments (45)

Guest review by
Parasomnia
Rating:
Rhapsody Of Fire is a name synonymous with power metal. Anyone who has ever delved even the smallest bit into this genre undoubtedly has heard of this band. This fact is with good reason: Rhapsody Of Fire is a freaking powerhouse of talent and epic ability. Unlike their last couple albums, The Frozen Tears of Angels satisfies every bit of the unicorn riding, dragon slaying fantasies of Rhapsody Of Fire nerds, while maintaining super solid, well written metal songs.

Read more ››
published 05.06.2011 | Comments (9)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 79   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1095 users
06.02.2010 - 15:48
Satanus

Waiting Hopefully
07.02.2010 - 12:11
Met@1lurg

... I hope that it will be a good album. And wanna listen to long songs for 10-19 min. May be this at that album.
11.02.2010 - 19:21
Met@1lurg

I heard not good news from radio rock-program about it.
Nuclear Blast will release this album only 31 April 2010.
11.02.2010 - 20:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Met@1lurg on 11.02.2010 at 19:21

I heard not good news from radio rock-program about it.
Nuclear Blast will release this album only 31 April 2010.

what do you mean by this?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.02.2010 - 23:28
Rating: 9
Dominus
The Shooter
17.02.2010 - 19:50
@zgarol

The new date - 30th April is confirmed.
25.02.2010 - 23:15
Nardor

I thought 23th march.
25.02.2010 - 23:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Rhapsody has 5th march on their site...and Nuclear Blast currently has nothing in scheduled releases up to 23rd April...
----

26.02.2010 - 00:04
Lord_Regnier

As far as I know, the last known date was april 30th but it had yet to be confirmed.

I hope it will be along the lines of the old albums and not anything like SOEL II or TOA because both are utterly boring. TOA is especially bad.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
26.02.2010 - 13:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well since it is "3rd Chapter" following the previous two...i dont think it will be so very different...but i find SOEL II quite good (though older really are better) so i wont mind an album like that...another album like TOA will be disaster
----

05.03.2010 - 22:57
Rating: 10
ImNotMetal

Not too good song for a promo, they should make a song like a "Silent Dream" in the previous album
05.03.2010 - 23:04
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe it is the best song from the upcoming album...but rather lets not being so pessimistic
----

06.03.2010 - 01:39
Aeonian_Lich

The song is cool, still the same moves but good melodies there.
09.03.2010 - 18:39
Baz Anderson

I got it today. Great album. Will need time to digest properly, but it seemed good - not outstanding (apart from one really great track) - but good. Time will tell.
09.03.2010 - 20:19
TimelessSymphony

Written by Baz Anderson on 09.03.2010 at 18:39

I got it today. Great album. Will need time to digest properly, but it seemed good - not outstanding (apart from one really great track) - but good. Time will tell.

How can you have it today=O!! its going to be out on April 30th and you have it today=O=(!! LUCKY=P... So i got a question is it much better than Triumph or Agony?=) because i think it's there weakest album of all time (in my opinion).. When i listen to Sea Of Fate it remained me of Power Of The Dragonflame and Dawn Of Victory=)!!!M/..

Oh man i can't wait for next month=D=)!!!
09.03.2010 - 20:23
Baz Anderson

Written by TimelessSymphony on 09.03.2010 at 20:19

How can you have it today=O!! its going to be out on April 30th and you have it today=O=(!! LUCKY=P... So i got a question is it much better than Triumph or Agony?=) because i think it's there weakest album of all time (in my opinion).. When i listen to Sea Of Fate it remained me of Power Of The Dragonflame and Dawn Of Victory=)!!!M/..

Through the label to review. I'll have to give it some more listens before I can say properly.
09.03.2010 - 20:26
TimelessSymphony

Written by Baz Anderson on 09.03.2010 at 20:23

Written by TimelessSymphony on 09.03.2010 at 20:19

Through the label to review. I'll have to give it some more listens before I can say properly.

Ok=).. i hope it won't be like Triumph Or Agony though..
16.03.2010 - 13:28
Baz Anderson

Ok, I am loving this album now. The first half is by far the best, tracks 4, 5 and 6 especially.
16.03.2010 - 14:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You already have it? then it is matter of days, when it appears on-line, great
----

16.03.2010 - 15:23
Baz Anderson

Written by Ellrohir on 16.03.2010 at 14:31

You already have it? then it is matter of days, when it appears on-line, great

I've already had it a week.
18.03.2010 - 11:30
Rating: 8
Therapy?

I'm anxiously waiting for this album. It's been too long since I've heard from Rhapsody of Fire. Their last album wasn't all that great.

I hope this isn't going to be a letdown like Luca's " The Infinite Wonders of Creation" which was a blasphemy after the awesomeness that was "Prophet Of The Last Eclipse" which is one of my all time favorite albums.

I heard the demo on their sire though. Keeps my hopes up!
22.03.2010 - 14:27
Apocalyp7ica
Account deleted
I heard some scream/growls in the sample of track 4. Fucking awesome.
22.03.2010 - 14:40
Dargor

I can't stop listening to that excerpt from Reign of Terror. This is simply amazing! The music, the screams and the choir all together are awesome, and unexpected too.
I bet this is a fairly long song. I doubt they would put such an awesome moment in a 4 minutes song.

Probably one of the best moments in a Rhapsody song I've heard so far!
25.03.2010 - 21:31
annodomini

Reign of Terror sample is just amazing, the best Rhapsody has ever done. I can't wait for the album.
----
the riddle wants to be...
28.03.2010 - 21:25
voodoo turkey

Written by annodomini on 25.03.2010 at 21:31

Reign of Terror sample is just amazing, the best Rhapsody has ever done. I can't wait for the album.

I totally agree, it sounds like it's gonna be a killer!! For me, April is gonna be one of the best months in history for new releases!!
28.03.2010 - 22:09
Baz Anderson

I don't know what part of the song the sample is, but "Reign Of Terror" is probably the best song on the album... simply amazing.
10.04.2010 - 08:19
Rating: 8
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I want this, I really, really want this, FUCK! I can't wait anymore, I have waited too much, I don't want to wait anymore!!! hahaha Sea Of Fate and Reign Of Terror are amazingly great!!!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
12.04.2010 - 00:52
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
"Reign Of Terror" and "On The Way To Ainor" are on youtube! Killer songs!!!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
23.04.2010 - 17:57
shisha

Yeah its nice to hear good old Rhapsody, symphonic, dynamic and catchy!
Whoever, give us more songs on youtube!!!
23.04.2010 - 18:20
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Posting download links is illegal here

which on the other hand doenst mean i hadnt downloaded the album already two days ago... i really like songs 4 to 6 - Reign Of Terror, Danza Di Fuoco E Ghiaccio and Raging Starfire...rest was quite boring and even annoying for the first listening...
----

Hits total: 32293 | This month: 56