08. On The Way To Ainor
09. The Frozen Tears Of Angels
10. Labyrinth Of Madness [bonus]
11. Sea Of Fate [orchestral version] [bonus]
12. Immortal New Reign [Japanese bonus]

Staff review by
Baz Anderson
Rating:
The mighty Rhapsody are back with a new label after years of legal battles. The question is; have the past years exhausted the band, or is The Frozen Tears Of Angels the masterpiece they claim it is?

There's no doubt that The Frozen Tears Of Angels is a Rhapsody album; flamboyant, colourful, cheesy and theatrical, the kings are back. This isn't the absolute masterpiece you might have been waiting for however, but neither is it a disappointment. Opening "Sea Of Fate" might show us that Luca Turilli's fingers haven't ceased up, and the silky smooth "Crystal Moonlight" might be mildly catchy, but these songs fall short of the wild energy and pomposity you might have experienced on the Dawn Of Victory or Power Of The Dragonflame albums for example.

Read more ››
published 08.05.2010 | Comments (45)

Guest review by
Parasomnia
Rating:
Rhapsody Of Fire is a name synonymous with power metal. Anyone who has ever delved even the smallest bit into this genre undoubtedly has heard of this band. This fact is with good reason: Rhapsody Of Fire is a freaking powerhouse of talent and epic ability. Unlike their last couple albums, The Frozen Tears of Angels satisfies every bit of the unicorn riding, dragon slaying fantasies of Rhapsody Of Fire nerds, while maintaining super solid, well written metal songs.

Read more ››
published 05.06.2011 | Comments (9)

Found in 37 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 3

Comments: 79   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 1100 users
24.04.2010 - 01:10
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 23.04.2010 at 18:20

rest was quite boring and even annoying for the first listening...

I'm surprised to read this comment from you because you usually like Powermetal very much.
I'm curious to know...What do you dislike so much about it?
I'm just curious and won't argue. I knew the album leaked but I'm not in a hurry to check it so I heard only "Sea Of Fate" and "Reign Of Terror" until now.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
24.04.2010 - 09:36
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think i cant really explain why i didnt liked it...i am still hearing Rhapsody, but i somehow missed the element of "glory" and "majesty" from older albums...even ToA has couple of "strong" songs, which i havent found here...at least not yet...maybe more times to listen...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.04.2010 - 22:03
shisha
Disappointment! AAA! These three songs are not enough to pull up the album! Back to waiting again, for Masterplan and Dragonland.
29.04.2010 - 20:25
Rating: 6
H-metal
Mmmmm. I can't enjoy their albums anymore. Didn't like it whatsoever.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
30.04.2010 - 07:14
Rating: 10
3dd
This album is really impressive! The songs: "Crystal Moonlight" and "Raging Starfire" are insanely addictive and awesome. I'm not much into Rhapsody, but this album is great!
30.04.2010 - 10:38
Rating: 9
Andreas
I'm not gonna rate the album just yet, like those weirdos who give it a 10 straight ahead

I still have to listen to it a few times, and after that (so much I can say already) I'll give it a high rate
30.04.2010 - 14:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would so far give a rating of 3 and need more listenings to improve this a bit...maybe...
----

30.04.2010 - 14:24
Lord_Regnier
I listened to all the songs on Youtube, skipping some parts and hitting the fast-forward button often, only to give me a quick overall idea. I wasn't interested to spend an hour listening to the entire album, especially as they have the habit to come back with the chorus many times in most songs, which is something I find quite boring in the long run.

Imo, it's average at best. If you listened to the few songs that leaked a while ago, you probably already heard the best there is to find on the album. It's not as boring as SOEL II and TOA but it's not impressive at all. Quite forgettable and I won't spend money on it.

And the narrations are so fucking cheesy, it's impossible to take them even a slightly bit seriously.
----
30.04.2010 - 20:55
farfaramir
Lol, I was corius about your comment on the album, Lord.

Still need to hear it more times, but so far it's excelent.
01.05.2010 - 01:34
Lord_Regnier
Written by farfaramir on 30.04.2010 at 20:55

Lol, I was corius about your comment on the album, Lord.

Still need to hear it more times, but so far it's excelent.

I posted it only here and not, well, you know where. Reason is my impression wasn't positive enough to post it there.
But you know how I am when it comes to Powermetal. Even stuff people would find awesome would be no more than average or even boring to me. I haven't bought a single PM album in a very long time.
Honestly, my only reaction when I listened to the album was complete and utter indifference.

I guess some people there will discover that I posted about the new album here. It doesn't matter to me but I will refuse to comment about it there.
Anyway, to talk about it there in details, I'd need to listen to the entire album a few times, which is something I'm not interested to do.
----
01.05.2010 - 02:48
Rating: 7
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Definitely not a fan of the band, but "On The Way To Ainor" is probably the best Power Metal song I've heard so far this year
----
loves 小巫
01.05.2010 - 07:53
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 01.05.2010 at 06:10

This Album is Splendid

If only you would bother to explain your point from time to time, then perhaps your opinions would have a bit of credibility, dumbass.
----
01.05.2010 - 08:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
He didnt wrote "this album is glorious"...i see an evolution
----

01.05.2010 - 16:48
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Their best release since POTD. Pure awesomeness!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
01.05.2010 - 19:37
Anibx
Probably best album I'd heard from rhapsody of fire in a long time. It's a matter of taste. If you like epic power metal you will like this. I personally enjoy big chorus, and rhapsody are the kings in that matter. I found this album to be a real fusion between the old Rhapsody and Rhapsody of fire. The chorus are there and the fast drum, but there is also the controlled and worked vocal that they use in TOA. I really like the album. But probably because I like powermetal. Best albums for me this year are: Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony/Angels of Babylon; Rhapsody of Fire - The Frozen Tears of Angels and Mägo de Oz - Gaia III Atlantia.
02.05.2010 - 01:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Damn.. lots of dudes giving out 10's for this album with absolute no shame

Already the best of the year on the ranking... from what I've listen so far, a 6 (maybe a 7) would be the perfect rate.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
02.05.2010 - 02:55
Rating: 8
Therapy?
I need to listen through this album a few more times before giving my final "verdict" but I like it so far. Though I kinda have a "been there done that" feeling here. Only "Reign of Terror" sounds reasonably innovative.

I'm glad I can finally digest new songs by this band though. Next to Luca Turilli's solo albums I haven't come across a different band that makes such great power metal with the use of big choruses and stuff like that. Maybe Lord_Regnier can give me some tips? He seems to be a power metal lover? Enlighten me
02.05.2010 - 03:18
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Hehe, ''Reign Of Terror" sounds like very like Children Of Bodom at times! As for the album, I really like it! Yep, Im sure both Symphony X and Angra will come up with better, but Rhapsody (I wont call them ''of fire'' ) have produced a very fine album for sure! ''Sea Of Fate" is a great opener, "Crystal Moonlight" has an amazing chorus, and "Raging Starfire" is an awesome song. "Lost In Cold Dreams" made me cry, I thought it was a very beautiful ballad. And I also loved the title track! <3
02.05.2010 - 17:11
SexyCat_1113
Rhapsody come back with new Power and Symphony,this is a great Power Metal Album of 2010!
04.05.2010 - 09:21
FeskarN
Is it the lead singer that makes the screaming/harsh vocals in the song "Reign Of Terror" ? That song is really amazing!
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
04.05.2010 - 09:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok i have to admit, that with more listenings i am getting more and more into it...and "Reign Of Terror" is really damn awesome
----

04.05.2010 - 17:41
Zhao
The Arkaholic
Amazing album, the statement about the dragonflame would fit nicely with this album. hehe
05.05.2010 - 07:40
munson
I am really in love with this album, and can't stop listening! Might be at the top spot for me so far this year!
05.05.2010 - 16:01
Dargor
The chorus of The Frozen Tears of Angels might just be the best chorus they ever made.
05.05.2010 - 16:32
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by FeskarN on 04.05.2010 at 09:21

Is it the lead singer that makes the screaming/harsh vocals in the song "Reign Of Terror" ? That song is really amazing!

Yep, he is!

BTW I will kill those mothafuckas ritualisticly who rated this album with 1. OK, 4-5-6 is acceptable IMO but 1 is frivolous...
----
I go"
08.05.2010 - 00:05
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
This album is a masterpiece! Luca Turilli is an amazing guitarist
10.05.2010 - 14:44
calebSA
The album sounds so shitty.. all new songs reminds me of the older.. There's no any creativity in their play. This is the worst metal album of the last decade..
12.05.2010 - 02:29
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Written by calebSA on 10.05.2010 at 14:44

The album sounds so shitty.. all new songs reminds me of the older.. There's no any creativity in their play. This is the worst metal album of the last decade..

Your ears are fucked up dude.
----
I go"
12.05.2010 - 08:37
Rating: 8
renai
4 years for this... ok la... in first couple of listening I am quite convinced.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
12.05.2010 - 13:19
SexyCat_1113
Written by Kallis Helmi on 12.05.2010 at 02:29

Written by calebSA on 10.05.2010 at 14:44

Your ears are fucked up dude.

I agree with you...his ears are...

Hits total: 32375 | This month: 59