03. Bestial Satanic Sacrifice
04. Crucified In Dirt
05. Warfuck
06. Morbid Invertation
07. Chainsaw Inkarnated
08. Raise The Chalice
09. Christcrushing Hammerchainsaw
10. Final Attack

Bestial Mockery returns! Well, uhm, their debut album Christcrushing Hammerchainsaw is re-released by Hells Headbangers, but still! To me, Bestial Mockery is just great. They're everything all Second Wave 'truer than thou' Black metal bands want to be and occasionally incredibly catchy to boot. And they have lyrics involving lots and lots of chainsaws...

Chainsaws play an important role in the lyrical aspect of Bestial Mockery, but it doesn't end there. You guessed it, BM's guitarsound is like a chainsaw running rampant on your nutsack. And that's an awesome feeling! While your spermfactory is getting desecrated, try to pay attention to the raw screeched and growled vocals too. It doesn't get much more pissed off than that. Nocturnal Culto would probably GTFO if he'd ever bump into Master Motorsåg in an eerie alley after midnight. All of this is packed into short songs clocking around the 2:30 minute mark, with the exception of "Chainsaw Inkarnated" which is a true epic lasting a baffling 4:02 minutes.

Bestial Mockery doesn't need that much time to get their angry point across and neither does this review. It's just all not that terribly complex or hard to pinpoint, ya know? With Bestial Mockery and Christcrushing Hammerchainsaw you know exactly what you're gonna get. They're a dirtier, rawer, punkier and faster version of Darkthrone, with a good dose of extremely rancid solos. It's extremely hateful Black metal and it's done well, so if you need an outlet for your rage, go for it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 5
Production: 7

Written on 08.02.2010 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 64 users
10.02.2010 - 03:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Easily the most legendary album title that i've heard in awhile.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.02.2010 - 10:08
Götter
elite
"Hammerchainsaw" sounds Warhammer 40k'ish.
12.02.2010 - 00:53
Marcus
Doit Like Bernie
Too bad they broke up or they could have released an album of only chainsaw names. Chainsaw Enforcer, Chainsaw Fucking, Chainsaw Demons, Chainsaw Demons Return...I think you get the picture.
25.03.2011 - 18:27
Rating: 8
VloRD
Shit, Straightforward Brutality, Blowing my head off.
----

Hits total: 4123 | This month: 9