Metal Storm logo
New permissions for Band-related edits

Original post

Posted by Ivan, 11.02.2010 - 13:50
If you're one of our regular contributors you probably have noticed that it sometimes takes painfully long to get your edit checked. That is because we're pretty overwhelmed by the number of edits we get - and, as you might imagine, going through them is not exactly the most exciting job in the world.

To lighten our burden somewhat, there are now two additional permissions, which allow their holders to submit or edit band-related stuff without involving Staff members:

Permission: Submit band-related info without Staff check

- Granted upon reaching 350 Community points
- Allows submitting new albums, videos, bandmembers, lyrics and so on
- Allows to edit your own items (anything you were the last submitter/editor of)
- Doesn't allow to add bands, band styles or trivia
- Doesn't allow to edit other people's items, delete items or accept/reject edits

Permission: Edit band-related info without Staff check

- Granted upon reaching 1200 Community points
- Allows to edit albums, videos, bandmembers, lyrics and so on, including those submitted by other people
- Allows to add/edit styles for invisible bands
- Doesn't allow to edit Trivia
- Doesn't allow to delete items or accept/reject edits

Permission: Submit events without Staff check

- Granted upon reaching 500 Community points
- Allows to add new events, but not tours
- Allows to edit own events (the ones you added yourself)

Permission: Edit events without Staff check

- Granted upon reaching 1000 Community points
- Allows to edit events added by others

Trivia is excluded because it would benefit from some proofreading and filtering, and we don't receive that many trivia edits anyway. Adding bands is still off-limits, we try not to clutter our database too much.

If you got one of the permissions, congratulations. You will still receive points for your edits, but make sure you don't abuse this fact. If you have any questions concerning your new privileges, contact one of the Staff members. If you encounter any bugs, please post here or send me a PM.
12.02.2010 - 20:17
Hamird
Lieutenant
Isn't it possible to give us the ability of deleting what we submit? Sometimes there are some little mistakes.. Right now I wanted to add Hell-IO-Kabbalus to Kalki Avatara Band, but I wrongly added to a band in list.. (because I searched for Kalki Avatara in band's list, but it wasn't there, and I forgot to clear the list..) So now he's in another band's profile and I must wait for a staff to do me the favour, while if I had the option of deleting I could do it myself..
12.02.2010 - 21:23
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Hamird on 12.02.2010 at 20:17

Isn't it possible to give us the ability of deleting what we submit? Sometimes there are some little mistakes.. Right now I wanted to add Hell-IO-Kabbalus to Kalki Avatara Band, but I wrongly added to a band in list.. (because I searched for Kalki Avatara in band's list, but it wasn't there, and I forgot to clear the list..) So now he's in another band's profile and I must wait for a staff to do me the favour, while if I had the option of deleting I could do it myself..

You can edit your own submissions without Staff, you know.
12.02.2010 - 21:37
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ivan on 12.02.2010 at 21:23

Yes I know I can edit, but in such case that I said (and Lucas helped me with it) we're not able to delete what we have submitted.. Well it's not necessary as such but as I said sometimes mistakes happens..
13.02.2010 - 00:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How about lyrics I edd albums for Dawn of Winter and also edd lyrics after, there no need for sorce but need staff acception
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.02.2010 - 03:48
Janne
Hugin
Thanks a lot, it's very useful and from now on it's much easier to contribute!
I have 123 points left to reach 1200..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
13.02.2010 - 11:27
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2010 at 00:30

How about lyrics I edd albums for Dawn of Winter and also edd lyrics after, there no need for sorce but need staff acception

My bad. Should be fixed now.
13.02.2010 - 12:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 13.02.2010 at 11:27

when I try edd lyrics today its white page/blank page for me, for all bands , I tryd 8 bands and all when click edd/eddit lyrics its white page is it bug or something?
----

apos;'
[image]
13.02.2010 - 13:07
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Bad English on 13.02.2010 at 12:58

Written by Ivan on 13.02.2010 at 11:27

when I try edd lyrics today its white page/blank page for me, for all bands , I tryd 8 bands and all when click edd/eddit lyrics its white page is it bug or something?

Erm... try now.
13.02.2010 - 13:20
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ivan on 13.02.2010 at 13:07

]
Erm... try now.

Thank's Works now
----

apos;'
[image]
18.02.2010 - 21:00
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by Hamird on 12.02.2010 at 21:37

Written by Ivan on 12.02.2010 at 21:23

Yes I know I can edit, but in such case that I said (and Lucas helped me with it) we're not able to delete what we have submitted.. Well it's not necessary as such but as I said sometimes mistakes happens..

Yep, my internet timed out while submitting a band logo and when I looked back at the bio/logo page there was a duplicate logo. I am unable to remove it so I simply did my best at hiding it (blacked out). If any staff can get around to it here is the link.

I also noticed Edenbridge has a duplicate logo, here

Also some of these logos only change color, not shape like stated in the guidelines Death logos
18.02.2010 - 21:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I have encountered some kind of bug i think - now, after i received "Permission: Edit band-related info without Staff check" (or at least i didnt noticed it before this), it appears impossible to fill "0000" if you are uncertain with band member's join date...since it was able for me before, i found strange, that person with higher permission level (therefore considered to be more responsible) cannot do it anymore...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.02.2010 - 09:40
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 18.02.2010 at 21:17

I have encountered some kind of bug i think - now, after i received "Permission: Edit band-related info without Staff check" (or at least i didnt noticed it before this), it appears impossible to fill "0000" if you are uncertain with band member's join date...since it was able for me before, i found strange, that person with higher permission level (therefore considered to be more responsible) cannot do it anymore...

No one can do that anymore It was a bug that you were able to.
19.02.2010 - 12:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok...then but you should remove "If you don't know when exactly he joined or left those, put 0000 as the year." from Notes on adding members
----

19.02.2010 - 13:58
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Ivan on 19.02.2010 at 09:40

If that was a bug, I request the return of said bug
Else I'd have to save text files for every band I'm working on and for which I haven't found out all the joining dates yet. Bands won't be switched to visible with such musicians in the lineup anyway, but it certainly is convenient while you're still doing the research.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.02.2010 - 15:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Promonex on 19.02.2010 at 13:58

if you would ask me, i'll second that
----

19.02.2010 - 21:35
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Written by Promonex on 19.02.2010 at 13:58

Written by Ivan on 19.02.2010 at 09:40

Else I'd have to save text files for every band I'm working on and for which I haven't found out all the joining dates yet. Bands won't be switched to visible with such musicians in the lineup anyway, but it certainly is convenient while you're still doing the research.

OK, changed it back.
19.02.2010 - 22:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I'm unable to add a new member (as of about an hour ago); it tells me it is required to have a "from" date even when I've inserted the date the band member joined.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.02.2010 - 23:38
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.02.2010 at 22:55

I'm unable to add a new member (as of about an hour ago); it tells me it is required to have a "from" date even when I've inserted the date the band member joined.

Same issue for me now...
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.02.2010 - 23:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Jason W. on 19.02.2010 at 23:38

Same issue for me now...

Oh man, this is a big issue if Staff can't even edit.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.02.2010 - 01:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No wonder when the submitting form is same for all

lets give Ivan time to fix it, surely it is connected with this "Year 0000" disable and re-enable
----

20.02.2010 - 09:29
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
Fixed.
20.02.2010 - 16:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Who's this guy
http://www.metalstorm.ee/users/2001MS1002/profile

He has 0 points and 0 postshow he get a perms is it soem bug?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2010 - 17:00
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Bad English on 20.02.2010 at 16:56

Who's this guy

Congrats, you discovered the top secret test account of Lucas. You better start running because he'll have to kill you now.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
20.02.2010 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 20.02.2010 at 17:00

Who's this guy

Congrats, you discovered the top secret test account of Lucas. You better start running because he'll have to kill you now.

Damn email, I thought I have seen thet email soemwhere

LOL Lucas cant kill me I will hide in Marcel's place or kebab shop under, non Juve fan dear go there LOL

Why he has 2 accounts?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2010 - 17:07
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Written by Bad English on 20.02.2010 at 17:02

Written by Promonex on 20.02.2010 at 17:00

Who's this guy

Damn email, I thought I have seen thet email soemwhere

LOL Lucas cant kill me I will hide in Marcel's place or kebab shop under, non Juve fan dear go there LOL

Why he has 2 accounts?

For testing purposes. That's what test accounts normally are there for. In this specific case it was about checking what the users with these permissions can and cannot do before we bestow these new powers on mere mortals like you.
----
20.02.2010 - 17:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 20.02.2010 at 17:07

For testing purposes. That's what test accounts normally are there for. In this specific case it was about checking what the users with these permissions can and cannot do before we bestow these new powers on mere mortals like you.

I see
----

apos;'
[image]
20.02.2010 - 17:58
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I made "testing profiles" on encyclopedia i am running completely invisible to users...it saves lots of such a questions
----

21.02.2010 - 15:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite

Who's this guy

Yes, as Promo said, it's an account I created. It's not active.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.03.2010 - 12:31
Ivan
Retired Admin
Elite
New permissions added for adding and editing events. They function in the same way as the ones for bands, read more in the original post.
04.03.2010 - 13:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Thank's Ivan
Cool looks great , seems staff life be easyer now
----

apos;'
[image]