Metal Storm logo
Which media player do you use?

Original post

Posted by Ag Fox, 11.02.2010 - 16:29
Just want to see what others are using and maybe I can get some ideas...

By media player I mean for music, not videos DVDs w/e.

Currently my most used one is iTunes because of the playlist / music tagging + cover flow does look good
I also have foobar2000, because I customised it to look good with cover flow as well etc rather than using less resources. I also use it to convert music files into formats that I prefer.
However, I am sort of fed up with iTunes using up so much resources and I am looking for alternatives. My requirements of course includes good looks I've read about songbird, but hvn't got any friends using it. It's a media player with browser capabilities, iTunes playlist import, coverflow, skinnable etc. The question is does it use up lots of resources like iTunes?

Please let me know what you folks use and whether there are cool alternatives around.
01.05.2012 - 15:30
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Windows Media Center for my computer, which sends my entire library wirelessly for play on my xbox. Itunes for occasional "side" album purchases.
----
21.05.2012 - 13:26
arwestromen
I Tunes
Spotify?
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
25.05.2012 - 23:21
wrathchild
staff
Glad to see we've got a fair share of Foobar users

I used Winamp up to the 2.666 version and despised the later versions that drifted away from the tiny player it was by default. I'm not a big fan of libraries and prefer to keep my player small and simple.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
09.07.2012 - 11:53
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
VLC