07. Cowan Town
08. Core
09. Angel Flashes
10. That Ain't Witch
11. Stand
12. Deviation
13. Out

Witch Metal sucks balls!

Ok, I'm going to be honest here, this has to be one of the worst Cd's ever released in 2004, fuck it! This century! Is really, really bad, every aspect in the Cd is wrongly done, from the production, to the songwriting, to the layout, to the musicians! But let's begin analysing each aspect of this Aussie band.

This is, of course the debut release of Witchkrieg, the band plays "Witch Metal" but it really sounds like bad produced Gothic Metal with lyrics about witchcraft and the occult, no big deal here, if there's "Dragon Metal" I don't see why Witch Metal can't exist. And this is it. This is the only interesting aspect of the band. The rest of it is all downhill. Let's take a look at the facts:

1. Artwork and Layout: look for yourself, the artwork is terrible, the inlay is also awful, the band photos are horrible, what's up with the front cover? Who told these guys a rat made out of stars is appealing? And in the jacket there's a photo of a cat. A black cat. Sigh.

2. Singer: the band has female vocals and growls, the female vocals are horrible. I mean, I though it was a joke, this chick cannot hold a note and uses the same tricks over and over again, I assume she's tone deaf (listen "Stand"). The death vocals are not bad, but the sound is horrible, and that bring us to our third fact.

3. Production: This sounds completely awful, it has the old demo tape sound, whoever was the engineer, you really need to reconsider your career options dude! The guitars sound dreadful and the drums sound too enclosed, any chance of a good melody or section, was ruined by the lousy production.

God I could rant all day long about this little jewel, but I don't want to damage my ears more, I want to listen other records too. Good records.
One piece of advice for Witchkrieg: don't quit your day jobs.

Written by Undercraft | 18.08.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 9 users
12.02.2010 - 14:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Wow...this must be the lowest rating, i have ever seen there, apart from this funny guest review of Blind Guardian's Nightfall
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 2657 | This month: 4