Metal Storm logo
Share this page

14.02.2010 - 20:54
Ivan
Retired Admin
Here on Metal Storm we try to keep up with the times, even though some parts of those times might seem slightly repulsive to us, the oldfarts. Now, you might have noticed a shiny new green button next to the (updated) 'Print this page' button. Clicking on this wonderful button opens an array of new buttons (yay!) for sharing the current page on various social networks, plus the 'send e-mail to a friend' option.

Hopefully this will make it easier for people to spread the good word about our good website.

As usually, comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome. I couldn't be bothered to open Delicious and MySpace accounts, so I have no idea whether those work or not.
14.02.2010 - 21:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This is a great feature and will hopefully open up more ways of exposing the site over the internet, which will bring in more members (meaning more ridiculous discussions and vote abuse ). Nice add-on; keep 'em comin'!
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.02.2010 - 21:23
advent

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.02.2010 at 21:13

This is a great feature and will hopefully open up more ways of exposing the site over the internet, which will bring in more members (meaning more ridiculous discussions and vote abuse ). Nice add-on; keep 'em comin'!

LOL...hopefully i don't wanna see the day they will gonna vote for bands like B4MV and my Chemical romance in this site;D.
14.02.2010 - 21:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I would try to use it for my facebook from time to time

i am also sometimes linking to MS from my blog...but i have only few readers here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.02.2010 - 21:38
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Very helpful, I was trying to share an article on FB a few weeks ago
14.02.2010 - 22:43
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
For some reason, the share button makes the bar it is in fat.
14.02.2010 - 23:35
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Guest on 14.02.2010 at 22:43

Try Ctrl+F5.
15.02.2010 - 00:02
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by Ivan on 14.02.2010 at 23:35

Written by Guest on 14.02.2010 at 22:43

Try Ctrl+F5.

OK, that worked.
01.10.2010 - 21:48
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Wow, just noticed this now !

well, i'm not that 'old' yet i think that new feature is completely useless and sell-out
i don't want facebook or twitter links on my beloved MS ... hell, i'm even bothered by the FB and twitter logos that show up in that "share" bar..

however, i understand that this is somewhat "good" for advertising for the site and putting in a good word for it.. so, i'm not gonna oppose the idea, but i have a request (oh, here we go again with zombie's 'cosmetic' requests) and this is would be a "share" button that when you expand it (or drop down menu) it shows the sharing options.. without having to hurt our delicate eyes with the conformist FB and twitter logos ... that "share button" thing is not new invention, its found on almost all websites i ever browed.. and in it you can put links to whatever you want.. FB, myspace, youtube or even redtube i wouldnt care much.. and its pretty "user friendly' too as it is very common among other websites wo users wont have much difficulty in the 'interface' thing.. they're probably all used to it already.

so, lets gather votes here .. who else is bothered by the 'intrustion' of the facebook "like" and 'share' and the twitter "tweet" buttons on our METAL website?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
01.10.2010 - 21:54
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Zombie on 01.10.2010 at 21:48

Wow, just noticed this now !

well, i'm not that 'old' yet i think that new feature is completely useless and sell-out
i don't want facebook or twitter links on my beloved MS ... hell, i'm even bothered by the FB and twitter logos that show up in that "share" bar..

however, i understand that this is somewhat "good" for advertising for the site and putting in a good word for it.. so, i'm not gonna oppose the idea, but i have a request (oh, here we go again with zombie's 'cosmetic' requests) and this is would be a "share" button that when you expand it (or drop down menu) it shows the sharing options.. without having to hurt our delicate eyes with the conformist FB and twitter logos ... that "share button" thing is not new invention, its found on almost all websites i ever browed.. and in it you can put links to whatever you want.. FB, myspace, youtube or even redtube i wouldnt care much.. and its pretty "user friendly' too as it is very common among other websites wo users wont have much difficulty in the 'interface' thing.. they're probably all used to it already.

so, lets gather votes here .. who else is bothered by the 'intrustion' of the facebook "like" and 'share' and the twitter "tweet" buttons on our METAL website?

Oops !! by 'share this page' you meant that green box on top.. right ? ... i thought u meant the new "facebook like" and "twitter tweet" stuff that has been recently added..

so, anyways, it turns out u do know what i'm talking about and u already have this "share button" (which btw, is pretty much invisible i didnt notice it except by coincidence.. maybe it should be red or yellow.. or have the word "share" next to it) .. anyways, so i'm fine with this "share button" but what's pissing me off is the facebook like and tweet features on the news and events..etc ... if the 'voters' agree.. i think we should do something about them to 'hide' them and only expose them to whoever wants to like or tweet them not to everyone else.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832