Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Tour Setlist Revealed

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has revealed the setlist for the upcoming Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour, with Exodus and Testament. Here's the update - with the least as possible "Megaman" blabla. For the full statement just go here:

"Rehearsals are all done and we are ready for pre-production next week, and then we will be heading out to start the tour. Just so you know, we are playing 10 songs from over our 25+ year careers, as well as all 9 songs off of Rust In Peace.

Next to everything on Rust In Peace, we are playing:

* Set The World Afire
* Wake Up Dead
* In My Darkest Hour
* Sweating Bullets
* Skin O' My Teeth
* Head Crusher
* A Tout Le Monde
* Symphony Of Destruction
* Trust
* Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?

One great thing is that we all know so many, many songs, and that this is just the starting point. Remember, David Ellefson knows everything of Megadeth's career, excluding a few new tracks, Shawn knows them all, and Chris is learning them as fast as he can. All in all, I think that we have approximately 40 songs we can do on this next month's tour.

We will return to the Endgame Tour after that, and may play any of the RIP tracks over the coming years. We already play several songs off of RIP; "Holy Wars", "Take No Prisoners", "Tornado Of Souls", and "Hangar 18". It will be fun to have some new gems added to our set list, and also the possibility of us revisiting songs that I mentioned were added to our playlist for potential songs to perform from Killing Is My Business or Peace Sells, But Who's Buying?."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Event: Megadeth: Rust In Peace 20th Anniversary Tour
Posted: 15.02.2010 by CHEF METAL HEAD

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 24   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 282 users
15.02.2010 - 20:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Shit this is awesome.. i really really hope they'll play the RIP in their european tour too..
15.02.2010 - 21:20
JÄY
Metal slave
Theyre going to play RIP AND these songs? in one fucking show?

damn im jelious
15.02.2010 - 21:21
Athropos
Burning inside
It would be cool if they could release a live RIP CD/DVD à la Slayer's Still Reigning. I would pay much for that!
15.02.2010 - 22:44
DP_Megachiva
Account deleted
Amazing setlist
15.02.2010 - 23:32
Dominus
The Shooter
Awesome,amazing, wonderful...
15.02.2010 - 23:38
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Can't wait for this tour!! Great line up.......
----
Chef Metal Head
16.02.2010 - 00:25
Mother_North

All killer songs m/
----
"i still can't imagine any of them dead. They live on; they are fixed on that far-off region called childhood, were nothing ever dies, not even oneself."
16.02.2010 - 03:37
Fat & Sassy!

ALL OF RUST IN PEACE?!........ ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod!!!.... ffffff.....FFFFFFFF... FUCK. YES. I am so there... As long as tickets aren't sold out. Dx
16.02.2010 - 04:10
thewall30

Damn I am so jealous now, I want to go so bad!
----
16.02.2010 - 05:26
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh this news is simply fabulous, it would be great to see this guys playing their best tunes from their 80's good ol' times, because I don't like much of their new material, I saw them on 2008, and the best parts of that gig were when they played the old songs, specially "Rust In Peace". I would like them to tour my country with that line-up and setlist.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.02.2010 - 08:41
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Man, I hope they'll shoot a DVD, so we can watch the whole RIP album played live anywhere in the world (where they are not gonna play).
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
16.02.2010 - 16:09
Arcticus

I would do almost anything to be able to go to one of these shows...I saw them in October in Australia which was freakin awesome, but this is just unbelievable. I totally envy anyone who goes to these gigs. Bastards!!
16.02.2010 - 18:23
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Why are they playing Trust? That's a horrible song.
----
THRASH!!!
16.02.2010 - 18:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Arcticus on 16.02.2010 at 16:09

I would do almost anything to be able to go to one of these shows...I saw them in October in Australia which was freakin awesome, but this is just unbelievable. I totally envy anyone who goes to these gigs. Bastards!!

meh. i get this 90% great megadeth setlist... but no hellfest/roadburn/dutch doom days/(insert uber festival here)...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.02.2010 - 23:02
Fat & Sassy!

Written by Daggon on 16.02.2010 at 05:26

I saw them on 2008, and the best parts of that gig were when they played the old songs...

This is usually how shows are with classic bands. I'm glad that someone has FINALLY got this throwback albums show thing right though. When I saw Priest, I was pissed that they decided to play the whole British Steel album and not... You know... THE true classic that is Screaming for Vengeance... Or even Defenders of the Faith or Painkiller. :l
16.02.2010 - 23:47
Arcticus

Written by BitterCOld on 16.02.2010 at 18:54

meh. i get this 90% great megadeth setlist... but no hellfest/roadburn/dutch doom days/(insert uber festival here)...

Ha, understandable to be disappointed at missing out on those, but living down under you get used to getting fuck all and therefore taking what you can get lol...I mostly meant what I said because RIP is one of my absolute top albums of all time, and to see the whole thing live would just be an amazing experience for me. I also missed out on Queensryche playing both Mindcrime albums, but that was cos they didn't come to my city and I was way too poor for interstate travel, let alone a ticket lol ah missed opportunities, how you haunt me so...
17.02.2010 - 03:34
Got Mayhem?

I thought this was kinda bland until I realized they were playing all of RIP. Nice selection.
----
17.02.2010 - 05:11
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 16.02.2010 at 23:02

Written by Daggon on 16.02.2010 at 05:26

I saw them on 2008, and the best parts of that gig were when they played the old songs...

This is usually how shows are with classic bands.

Yeah, I know, but not always, some bands actually know how to play their newest material adding some action to the gig, just like Exodus or Testament (and some more), that time Megadeth simply screw some great moments with some bad songs from the "United Abominations" album.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
18.02.2010 - 20:26
King Ajax

How is Megadeth not coming to Winterpeg? Thats gay, I have to drive down to saskatoon now.
----
Metal Up Your Ass!
18.02.2010 - 20:37
Fat & Sassy!

Written by King Ajax on 18.02.2010 at 20:26

How is Megadeth not coming to Winterpeg? Thats gay, I have to drive down to saskatoon now.

-.- You do know that you can edit your posts, right?
19.02.2010 - 00:37
King Ajax

I know now! And knowing is half the battle
----
Metal Up Your Ass!
19.02.2010 - 02:30
Fat & Sassy!

Written by King Ajax on 19.02.2010 at 00:37

I know now! And knowing is half the battle

... and learning is the greatest adventure of them all.

PS
You should delete you're triple posts... I guess a mod could do it, but why give them the trouble?
19.02.2010 - 02:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Why the hell do they keep on playing A Tout Le Monde? That song is an atrocity at best.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2010 - 22:36
shupe13

I can wait to see them next month here in Indy!
----
War Is The Answer!

Hits total: 7055 | This month: 1