Metal Storm logo
Mutiny Within

18.02.2010 - 20:15
Saitenhexerin

Have you already heard of one of Roadrunner's youngest and most promising signings of 2009?

I am speaking of the amazing band Mutiny Within. They are just about to release the selftitled debut album.
THey played with well-known acts, currently touring with Arch Enemy, and they've also supported Machine Head in the past.
On their upcoming tour in support of their album "Mutiny Within" which is to be released on February 23rd 2010, they will start a North America tour with Sonata Arctica.

How to describe their style?
What fascinated me the most about Mutiny Within when I heard the opening track "Awake" of their upcoming album first, were the incredible vocals of lead singer Chris Clancy. But that's not all, the Canadian six-piece has many other talents and sounds simply amazing.
The guitars use heavy riffing and beautiful solos, decorated with arpeggios and show neo-classical traits. Also the rhythm section is absolutely tight and is the evidence of highly-skilled musicians. It's a bit like Children of Bodom-like sounding awesome instruments with a talented voice on top of it.

Founded in 2002 by bass player AJ (who is the only remaining founding member) Mutiny Within underwent a few line-up changes and got signed by Roadrunner Records in 2009.
The members are:

Chris Clancy - Vocals
Brandon Jacobs - Guitar
Dan Bage - Guitar
Andrew Jacobs - Bass, Vocals
Bill Fore - Drums
Andrew Stavola - Keyboards

Enough words, listen yourself and enjoy:

And here is a vocal cover of the lead singer Chris Clancy;

Nothing left to say but - I am looing forward to hearing their new album and catch them on the road soon.
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
19.02.2010 - 12:06
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Heavy metal? Sounded like metalcore to me.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin