09. Where The Wild Things Are
10. Prince Charming
11. Low Man's Lyric [feat. Bernardo Bigalli & David Miles]
12. Attitude
13. Fixxxer

Guest review by
The Silent Man
Rating:
ReLoad is Metallica's second experimental album and it's meant to be the ideal follow up to Load. But I consider them as twins, as an only double cd, since these two albums have the same sound, similiar covers, identical artwork and even similiar disposition of the tracks. So I suggest you to read my review of Load before going any further.

Read more ››
published 22.09.2003 | Comments (30)

Found in 38 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 19   Visited by: 1442 users
20.02.2010 - 16:12
Rating: 7
Warman
Erotic Stains
This is IMO the least good out of the band's studio releases. Still like it though and it had a huge impact on me at age 12-13.
----
21.02.2010 - 20:55
Rating: 6
Met@1lurg

I like tracks 1,10,11 Low man's lyric is like Mama said for its counrty style. Maybe a nice pause after listenng to rock.
19.06.2010 - 17:40
Rating: 8
Jay-WalKeR

I think reload is better than load but king nothing and until it sleep is very very good track....of cource Unforgiven 2 is better than all.
16.10.2010 - 14:18
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Jay-WalKeR on 19.06.2010 at 17:40

I think reload is better than load but king nothing and until it sleep is very very good track....of cource Unforgiven 2 is better than all.

Agree here... Reload is much better. Mainly because Load had some completely silly songs and this one is much more ok.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
15.02.2011 - 20:06
Phantom Lord

Way better then load any day
02.06.2011 - 00:20
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Not my fav, but Fuel and The Unforgiven are sick songs.
02.06.2011 - 11:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
For me, this is definitely a weaker, patchier album than "Load". Although it does have some great songs like "Fuel", "The Unforgiven II" which is just beautiful, and the evil sounding mega crunch of "Devil's Dance". The latter of which while not being fast, is an immensely heavy song. Id say half of the album is great, and the other half is just okay, or below average.

Seems like 7 is a popular score for this album, which is also what I gave it.
02.10.2011 - 14:22
Rating: 4
afu

I think this album is a parody of Load. Two or three good songs and then it's as if an 8th grader helped compose the lyrics.
02.10.2011 - 20:31
Rating: 5
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by afu on 02.10.2011 at 14:22
I think this album is a parody of Load.

I think Load is a parody of music.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
03.10.2011 - 06:34
afu

Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.10.2011 at 20:31

Written by afu on 02.10.2011 at 14:22
I think this album is a parody of Load.

I think Load is a parody of music.

I grew up on hard rock like AC/DC, ZZ Top, and Aerosmith, Hendrix, Zeppelin and Sabbath. My parents listened to Country music, Classic Rock, and Golden Oldies. I didn't get into Metal until about the time Justice, Rust In Peace, and Queensryche's Empire came out. In my humble opinion, Load is a very good record. It just isn't very metal. For me, it usually comes down to the songwriting. I certainly can understand the reaction of looking at the album as a stinking pile of shit, as I once held that opinion. When I re-framed it as a sort of alternative take on classic rock, I began to have a better appreciation for it. There are a number of songs with a lot of spirit and creativity.

When Reload came out, I felt Metallica reacted to the backlash by amping the metal a bit and it sounds really forced for some of the songs. James' vocal performances are lacking in some parts. Devil's Dance could have been good, but the lyrics are dumb and it lumbers into nowhere. Slither, Prince Charming, Better Than You, Bad Seed are some of the worst songs from any band I like, but not quite into St. Anger territory.
03.10.2011 - 06:40
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by afu on 03.10.2011 at 06:34

Better than anything Metallica ever did. Thrash era or rock era.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.11.2011 - 23:18
Rating: 10
dark_mar

For me the best Metallica album...not for stupid metal heads. As always...something musical good without noise is bad:) - their best albums are 'load' and 'reload' but stupid metal heads prefer the same guitar boring things all the time...
01.11.2011 - 23:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by dark_mar on 01.11.2011 at 23:18
For me the best Metallica album...not for stupid metal heads. As always...something musical good without noise is bad:) - their best albums are 'load' and 'reload' but stupid metal heads prefer the same guitar boring things all the time...

Written by dark_mar on 01.11.2011 at 23:14
For me the best Megadeth album...not for stupid metal heads. As always...something musical good without noise is bad:) The same is with 'load' and 'reload' from Metallica - their best albums but stupid metal heads prefer the same guitar boring things all the time?

Trolling much?
----
02.03.2012 - 19:54
Rating: 9
Pelagial

The same as load like is name want to say RE-load
13.11.2012 - 07:52
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
This is even worse than Load, however there are still some cool highlights on here, like The Unforgiven II, Low Man's Lyric, Devil's Dance, and Where The Wild Things Are (even if the vocal harmonies make the band sound like a poor man's Alice in Chains). Fuel is alright I guess, that riff is insanely catchy and impossible to get out of your head though. But some of the songs on here are just awful, The Memory Remains for example is a stupid song and that Marianne Faithfull cameo was dreadful. There's also Bad Seed, Attitude, and Fixxer which are pretty boring and lame. The rest of the songs I can't really comment on. It's just not a good album apart from a few stand-outs.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
26.07.2015 - 21:43
Rating: 6
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by CobiWan1993 on 13.11.2012 at 07:52

This is even worse than Load, however there are still some cool highlights on here, like The Unforgiven II, Low Man's Lyric, Devil's Dance, and Where The Wild Things Are (even if the vocal harmonies make the band sound like a poor man's Alice in Chains). Fuel is alright I guess, that riff is insanely catchy and impossible to get out of your head though. But some of the songs on here are just awful, The Memory Remains for example is a stupid song and that Marianne Faithfull cameo was dreadful. There's also Bad Seed, Attitude, and Fixxer which are pretty boring and lame. The rest of the songs I can't really comment on. It's just not a good album apart from a few stand-outs.

after compeering those 2 songs II sucks and III sucks even more, but best into this album after The Memory Remains , that dararrara part kick ass and and Fixxer opening is cool to
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2017 - 06:43
Rating: 8
JunN_Vai

In this year(s) of 2017 and around, i found Load and Reload are enjoyable to hear, studio version or live version..... good but true
05.01.2019 - 20:34
Maasai Mara

Somehow Metallica deluded themselves after MoP that since they sounded really good every album thereafter should be a million minutes long. Listen to Breaking Benjamin, Skillet and 3 Days Grace who produce catchier look at me I'm emotional hard rock that doesn't last for a million minutes.
For the richest metal act, these bastards ever since AJFA have produced the most stupid cover arts which serve as an apt warning to purchasing their albums.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.
23.04.2023 - 10:39
franksamuel0209

The first four songs are fantastic….

Everything else just is lost filler that I cannot get into

Hits total: 20444 | This month: 62