Album: Demon Metal
Style: Blackened death metal, Blackened thrash metal
Release date: January 2010

01. Detonate
02. Victory Of The Legions Of The Damned
03. Enthrone The God Of Blasphemy
04. March To The Temple Of Doom
05. Command

So, Demon Metal, eh? Well, I hope Perversor did not name their album Demon Metal because they hoped it'd become the official name of a new genre, á la Venom's Black Metal or Possessed's Death Metal. Or Ad Infinitum's Suburban Metal. Wait... that one never made it either. For shame.

Forget those suburbs for a moment, Perversor is the subject of conversion of today. Demon Metal is perfectly suitable for kids in the sense that an atomic bomb with an attractive big red button that says "Go!" is perfectly suitable for five year old kids. Everything's raw. Raw, I tell you. Fast riffs, punkish riffs, thrashy riffs, chainsaw riffs, a vocalist that apparently died a few years ago and is not very happy about that and a drummer which is Santa's happy little blaster. And the bassist... well, you know about bassists in Black metal. It's a sonic mayhem alright.

What really makes Demon Metal good is the production. It's hard to say this with a hundred percent confidence but if this album would have featured any other sort of production it would have failed miserably, or at least turned out a lot worse. It's both raw and spacious, basically convincing you you are actually standing right in the middle of their rehearsal room. Which is the size of a medium-sized hangar. Filled to the top with amps. Good job lads! Every element gets an extra dose of sweet crunchiness because of this and it doubles the listening pleasure. It's a shame it's so short.

In conclusion: by now you should know if you dig this or not. Venomous Black metal with a dose of Thrash and a fitting production. Take it or leave it.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 23.02.2010 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 57 users
23.02.2010 - 04:29
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well seems like another band I could enjoy despite of its lack of originality, it's always good to have some fresh raw Thrash/Black metal melting my brain. I hope it won't be as boring as that band from Poland called Vociferous that I listened to recently.
BTW Lucas, you were really good evoking images to my mind in this review haha
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 3953 | This month: 6