Metal Storm logo
1349 - New Album Details

Original news, posted on 23.02.2010

Official press release

Norwegian black metallers 1349 have announced the title and release date of their new album. The album, entitled Demonoir, will be released by Indie Recordings throughout Europe on April 26, and by Prosthetic Records in North America on April 27.

For the band's fifth full-length release, 1349 decided to suck out the fiercest and most potent energies from every single member and surroundings, channeling it into songs that are pulsating with uncanny atmospheres, rawness and nerve shattering intensity. The whole process of getting the material on record was like one long, exhausting black magic summoning that could not be allowed to go wrong.

Demonoir is without a shadow of a doubt 1349's darkest, most sinister and brutal work to date, and in this case it comes to mean that the band has gone from the utterly extreme to the genre-expanding and mind-boggling. Black Metal cannot, and will never be the same.

Demonoir will be available in North America as a digipack CD and a limited edition 12" picture disc LP.

UPDATE

Norwegian metallers 1349 will release their forthcoming album, Demonoir, on April 26 in Europe via Indie Recordings and one day later in North America through Prosthetic Records.

Demonoir [cover art] tracklist:

01. Tunnel Of Set - I
02. Atomic Chapel
03. Tunnel II
04. When I Was Flesh
05. Tunnel III
06. Psalm 7:77
07. Tunnel IV
08. Pandemonium War Bells
09. Tunnel V
10. The Devil Of The Deserts
11. Tunnel VI
12. Demonoir
13. Tunnel VII

Source: prostheticrecords.com
Band profile: 1349
Posted: 03.03.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 176 users
23.02.2010 - 21:49
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
As long as the "uncanny atmospheres, rawness and nerve shattering intensity" goes along with the speed of old 1349, im totally down.

but if it's another auditory abortion like Revelations... was, then fuck it.

the "tunnels" are distressing me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.02.2010 - 21:55
Lord Hellbender

A new album? Nice!
Maaaan Revelation sucked so much so this time they must have made a brilliant work!
24.02.2010 - 00:03
Got Mayhem?

Every time this band mentions the word 'atmosphere' I cringe. Please, just play fast. Very fast.
----
24.02.2010 - 00:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
For sure, speed is the name of the game here. Focusing on any other musical aspect is almost completely counter-productive as they have proven their inability at creating "atmosphere" as they call it.

Play it fast. Keep it raw.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.02.2010 - 00:44
SatyriconChick

Sweet, I like the title.
24.02.2010 - 00:57
Baz Anderson

"most sinister and brutal work to date" - I like "brutal"...
24.02.2010 - 01:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I hope that Demonoir will be better than Revelations Of The Black Flame, a thing which should not be not so difficult...
24.02.2010 - 13:38
JotunSmeden

Revelations Of The Black Flame was a "haste" project. becuse of the contract with the previus record company. i Know that Demonoir will be a combination with Hellfire and Beyond the Apocalypse.
So i'm very exited with this ^^
03.03.2010 - 23:58
Baz Anderson

Wonder what all these "Tunnel" songs are like...
04.03.2010 - 00:33
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Baz Anderson on 03.03.2010 at 23:58

Wonder what all these "Tunnel" songs are like...

I bet they're 1-2 minute instrumental/ambient tracks that act as complete filler.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.03.2010 - 00:42
Baz Anderson

Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.03.2010 at 00:33

I bet they're 1-2 minute instrumental/ambient tracks that act as complete filler.

Yeh, I was thinking similar.
Still, I will trust that the band will release something great...
04.03.2010 - 01:44
Jiri

The cover art sucks. I'm afraid. Tunnels.
04.03.2010 - 02:38
Slyfang

I can't believe you commenters here, you're all like "i only want speed. i hate everything else. don't try anything different 1349, just play fast"

oh and i think they should ditch the evil panda facepaint.. it just gets stupider and more childish every time i see it. and they don't do it well anyway
04.03.2010 - 05:27
Nexus
Asshat
Written by LeChron James on 23.02.2010 at 21:49

the "tunnels" are distressing me.

Me too man. Me too.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
04.03.2010 - 08:37
The DungonMaster

Personally I liked their last album. Some good atmosphere is always welcome in black metal. The fact that they are book ending the songs with "tunnels" is kind of cool. But the new album needs to step up on the rage and brutality...from the last release. I think that is what we are about to get.
06.03.2010 - 16:47
Lord_Regnier

Written by Troy Killjoy on 24.02.2010 at 00:25

For sure, speed is the name of the game here. Focusing on any other musical aspect is almost completely counter-productive as they have proven their inability at creating "atmosphere" as they call it.

You mention the exact reason why I never liked 1349: it never had any atmosphere.
I hate the production on their albums. It's utterly emotionless and leaves me completely indifferent.
It's just insanely fast but it's the only quality their music has.

N.B. I'm talking of all their albums except the last. I never checked it because everyone think it sucks and because nothing the band ever did pleased me.

I understand those who are saying "play fast". It's the only thing they can do rightly.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
06.03.2010 - 16:55
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Lord_Regnier on 06.03.2010 at 16:47

I understand those who are saying "play fast". It's the only thing they can do rightly.

We finally agree on something! .

I'm not a big fan of the band; in fact I'm not entirely sold on the entire genre itself despite it being my favorite a few years ago. But 1349 (for me) are a band that need to play with that speed and chaos, else it comes off as a weak album (or at least that's the case for Revelations...). One of the few bands I can honestly say that about, because I love atmospheric black metal, not to mention the more extreme styles of doom and suicidal/depressive black metal...
----

Hits total: 3285 | This month: 7