Metal Storm logo
Augury - Part Ways With Bassist

Montreal-based metallers Augury have issued the following update on their MySpace blog:

"Hello to all,

After eight years of collaboration, we are sad to announce that we had to part way with our bass player Dominic "Forest" Lapointe. We keep in mind his outstanding musical input and volcanic stage presence, and thank him for helping to shape the sound of Augury.

But the show must go on and we are actually starting "The American Defloration" tour with The Black Dahlia Murder, Obscura and Hatesphere, with a very special rhythm section featuring Quebec City jazz player Christian Pacaud (MAG Project) on bass, and our long-time friend Tommy McKinnon (formerly of Neuraxis) behind the drum kit.

With such great personnel on board, we are eager to give American ears a good scrub once again!"

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Augury
Posted: 24.02.2010 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 29 users
25.02.2010 - 01:35
Symmachus

This reminds me that they also had a lineup change last year. It looks like only three months ago, their drummer left. That sucks that the bassist had to leave, but that stuff happens. Augury is a very noteworthy band.
25.02.2010 - 05:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I have nothing but good things to say about Forest. He is a remarkably talented bassist and deserves to play with a well-known band in order to expose his skills. I'm afraid with the loss of Baril and Forest, this band has become almost completely irrelevant to me.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

Hits total: 2482 | This month: 2