Metal Storm logo
Deathnote: L vs Kira

Original post

Posted by whatsacow, 25.02.2010 - 03:35
Ok, whose side are you on? Please explain your answers, but don't leave spoilers in case some people havent seen the ending.

Poll

Whose side are you on, l's or kira's

Kira
L

Total votes: 20
08.02.2011 - 01:10
Mikyz

Written by whatsacow on 07.02.2011 at 21:15

Written by Mikyz on 04.02.2011 at 14:19

Light Yagami aka Kira all the way, his way of thinking and his twisted sense of justice are much more interesting than L, sure L eats a lot of sweets and has extraordinary deduction skills. But L died and Kira lived, and that says it all Kira>L.

*************************SPOILERS*********************

Wtf?! Kira didn't live? Wtf show were you watching?

I'm only talking about the L arc, the L arc ended with L's demise and Kira's victory, that's the part I'm talking about, the rest of the story is irrelevant to my choice cuz L isn't in it.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
08.02.2011 - 07:43
whatsacow

Written by Mikyz on 08.02.2011 at 01:10

Written by whatsacow on 07.02.2011 at 21:15

Written by Mikyz on 04.02.2011 at 14:19

Light Yagami aka Kira all the way, his way of thinking and his twisted sense of justice are much more interesting than L, sure L eats a lot of sweets and has extraordinary deduction skills. But L died and Kira lived, and that says it all Kira>L.

*************************SPOILERS*********************

Wtf?! Kira didn't live? Wtf show were you watching?

I'm only talking about the L arc, the L arc ended with L's demise and Kira's victory, that's the part I'm talking about, the rest of the story is irrelevant to my choice cuz L isn't in it.

Fair enough. But if you think about it, there are hints toward L having solved the case, and that the ending was planned by L. It's one of those opinion things that you can take or leave, but I think it did.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
30.04.2011 - 04:14
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I just finished reading the manga and made me want to see the anime again...I'll keep on supporting Kira, L is one of my fav characters but they way Light handles everybody around him is great
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.05.2011 - 21:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
SPOILERS!!!

Written by whatsacow on 08.02.2011 at 07:43

Fair enough. But if you think about it, there are hints toward L having solved the case, and that the ending was planned by L. It's one of those opinion things that you can take or leave, but I think it did.

if i read the last few episodes correctly, L knew Light was Kira but could not find any evidence to support it, and he knew that he was next to be killed as soon as Light knew his real name.

not relevant to the thread, but this is definitely the best anime i've ever watched by far. gritty and epic as hell, incredible twists, superb character development.

"why do you keep looking at that watch?"
"because.."
*watch hits 30 second-mark*
"..i am kira."
03.05.2011 - 21:54
Mikyz

Written by Valentin B on 03.05.2011 at 21:28

SPOILERS!!!

if i read the last few episodes correctly, L knew Light was Kira but could not find any evidence to support it, and he knew that he was next to be killed as soon as Light knew his real name.

not relevant to the thread, but this is definitely the best anime i've ever watched by far. gritty and epic as hell, incredible twists, superb character development.

"because.."
"..i am kira."

L knew that Light was Kira, but he had no way whatsoever to prove it, every scheme he had was outsmarted by Light. Even in the end Light only Lost because Mikami didn't follow Light's exact orders, he deviated from the plan and caused Kira's demise. So even in the end Light didn't commit any mistake, other than trusting someone other than himself.

Though there's something in the manga they didn't show in the anime. In the manga the last page portrayed the religious cult that worshiped Kira after his death.

This the best anime series I've watched along with Neon Genesis Evangelion. The soundtrack of DN is beyond epic as well.
----
04.05.2011 - 09:32
whatsacow

Written by Mikyz on 03.05.2011 at 21:54

Written by Valentin B on 03.05.2011 at 21:28

SPOILERS!!!

"because.."
"..i am kira."

L knew that Light was Kira, but he had no way whatsoever to prove it, every scheme he had was outsmarted by Light. Even in the end Light only Lost because Mikami didn't follow Light's exact orders, he deviated from the plan and caused Kira's demise. So even in the end Light didn't commit any mistake, other than trusting someone other than himself.

Though there's something in the manga they didn't show in the anime. In the manga the last page portrayed the religious cult that worshiped Kira after his death.

This the best anime series I've watched along with Neon Genesis Evangelion. The soundtrack of DN is beyond epic as well.

While this is a damn good series, I would say it is nowhere near the best anime I've seen.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
04.05.2011 - 11:20
Mikyz

Written by whatsacow on 04.05.2011 at 09:32

While this is a damn good series, I would say it is nowhere near the best anime I've seen.

I'm talking about anime series, not counting movies. What do you recommend then? I've watched a lot of series and other than Neon Genesis Evangelion nothing came close in terms of art, music and plot. Of course there are a few like FLCL but its just 6 episodes, legendary 6 episodes though. Can you recommend something then?
----
04.05.2011 - 14:56
whatsacow

Written by Mikyz on 04.05.2011 at 11:20

I'm talking about anime series, not counting movies. What do you recommend then? I've watched a lot of series and other than Neon Genesis Evangelion nothing came close in terms of art, music and plot. Of course there are a few like FLCL but its just 6 episodes, legendary 6 episodes though. Can you recommend something then?

Ok.If you are into mystery, or psychological thrillers, check out Monster. Gilgamesh has a pretty solid plot, but the animation is a bit meh. Ergo Proxy is pretty decent as well.
Others: Trinity blood - Post Apocalyptic Vampire tale, again, not the best, but still pretty good.
Cowboy Bebop - If you havemt heard of it, you need to be shot. This show has it all, action, emotion, comedy and awesome animation. Bounty hunters in space.
Samurai Champloo - Creator of CB. Samurai and hip hop. Even if you aren't a fan of hip hop, you should check this out for its wicked sense of humour and amazing action scenes.
RahXephon - In the first couple of episodes, this will seem like a complete and utter rip off of Evangellion, but give it time, it turns into its own glorious beast.
Claymore - Amazing, dark, bleak, and depressing atmosphere in a world filled with monsters. Gory as fuck and Beautiful. The last couple of episodes are kind of shit.

And if you want a really good manga in a similar vein to death note, check out Eternal Sabbath. It's brilliant.

I'll raid my collection sometime and give you more lol.

Also, saying that death note isn't the best anime by far is also based on my personal oppinion. Other things could come into consideration when I consider an anime to be great to what you would. While death note is amazing, the section after L dies stops it from being magnificent. Especially since the last bit was made simply because of the show's (and manga's) popularity.
----
04.05.2011 - 16:19
Mikyz

Written by whatsacow on 04.05.2011 at 14:56

Ok.If you are into mystery, or psychological thrillers, check out Monster. Gilgamesh has a pretty solid plot, but the animation is a bit meh. Ergo Proxy is pretty decent as well.
Others: Trinity blood - Post Apocalyptic Vampire tale, again, not the best, but still pretty good.
Cowboy Bebop - If you havemt heard of it, you need to be shot. This show has it all, action, emotion, comedy and awesome animation. Bounty hunters in space.
Samurai Champloo - Creator of CB. Samurai and hip hop. Even if you aren't a fan of hip hop, you should check this out for its wicked sense of humour and amazing action scenes.
RahXephon - In the first couple of episodes, this will seem like a complete and utter rip off of Evangellion, but give it time, it turns into its own glorious beast.
Claymore - Amazing, dark, bleak, and depressing atmosphere in a world filled with monsters. Gory as fuck and Beautiful. The last couple of episodes are kind of shit.

And if you want a really good manga in a similar vein to death note, check out Eternal Sabbath. It's brilliant.

Also, saying that death note isn't the best anime by far is also based on my personal oppinion. Other things could come into consideration when I consider an anime to be great to what you would. While death note is amazing, the section after L dies stops it from being magnificent. Especially since the last bit was made simply because of the show's (and manga's) popularity.

I've read Claymore and Eternal Sabbath already, I've only watched a couple of episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I'll check the others, and I agree it goes downhill after L dies.
----
04.05.2011 - 20:05
Bulletdodger

Kira all the way baby .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
05.05.2011 - 02:37
whatsacow

Written by Mikyz on 04.05.2011 at 16:19

Written by whatsacow on 04.05.2011 at 14:56

I've read Claymore and Eternal Sabbath already, I've only watched a couple of episodes of Cowboy Bebop. I'll check the others, and I agree it goes downhill after L dies.

With bebop, I found the first few eps dragged a bit, but as soon as it hit a certain episode, This series becomes amazing.
----
03.08.2011 - 04:47
Metal_4Ever

Of course Kira,,
L was a smart guy but not as much as Kira
03.08.2011 - 05:25
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 03.08.2011 at 04:47

Of course Kira,,

Actually, Kira was a murderous fucking idiot from day one. All he had to do to get off the hook permanently was not kill Ray Penbar, who was about a day away from reporting that Yagami Light was just a normal student. By killing Ray Penbar (in the most contrived way possible), he drew L's attention to himself and thus brought about his own eventual doom. He could still have won had he told the other Kira to write down Near's and the agents' names on a separate piece of paper taken from the original death note just in case, but of course he was too stupid to think of that too. Psychopaths aren't cool and they aren't clever, not even on TV.
03.08.2011 - 16:34
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 03.08.2011 at 05:25

Written by Metal_4Ever on 03.08.2011 at 04:47

Of course Kira,,

Actually, Kira was a murderous fucking idiot from day one. All he had to do to get off the hook permanently was not kill Ray Penbar, who was about a day away from reporting that Yagami Light was just a normal student. By killing Ray Penbar (in the most contrived way possible), he drew L's attention to himself and thus brought about his own eventual doom. He could still have won had he told the other Kira to write down Near's and the agents' names on a separate piece of paper taken from the original death note just in case, but of course he was too stupid to think of that too. Psychopaths aren't cool and they aren't clever, not even on TV.

Hmm, I agree with you but you took a lot of time speaking about Kira's idiot-ness and stupid-ness.. I just wanna tell something, Don't forget who won the match at last, he has a creative brain he didn't give up. anyway, kira turn into a crazy man in the last episode I admit that.
03.08.2011 - 16:45
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 03.08.2011 at 16:34

Hmm, I agree with you but you took a lot of time speaking about Kira's idiot-ness and stupid-ness.. I just wanna tell something, Don't forget who won the match at last, he has a creative brain he didn't give up. anyway, kira turn into a crazy man in the last episode I admit that.

Kira would never have beaten L if REM hadn't fallen in love with Misa. Also, Kira was a crazy psychopath from day one, he didn't become one. The words: "I am god" are a pretty strong indication of his insanity as was his lack of guilt in killing the FBI agents. Kira would have been a more interesting character if he'd followed Harry's code of not killing innocent people. Then at least I might have understood his actions, if not condoned. By killing the agents Kira moved beyond understanding and redemption and became just a bad guy for L to take down. What a waste.
03.08.2011 - 16:58
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 03.08.2011 at 16:45

Kira would never have beaten L if REM hadn't fallen in love with Misa. Also, Kira was a crazy psychopath from day one, he didn't become one. The words: "I am god" are a pretty strong indication of his insanity

Well if I had a deathnote I'd say I am god. think about it, can't anybody beat him if he still playing the game as he started it
03.08.2011 - 17:03
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Metal_4Ever on 03.08.2011 at 16:58

Kira would never have beaten L if REM hadn't fallen in love with Misa. Also, Kira was a crazy psychopath from day one, he didn't become one. The words: "I am god" are a pretty strong indication of his insanity

Well if I had a deathnote I'd say I am god. think about it, can't anybody beat him if he still playing the game as he started it

Even in the anime's own world Light was below actual death gods (and knew he was) as he couldn't actually prolong his own life by killing people. Besides, being really really capable of killing people isn't much of a skill unless he was also able to resurrect people who deserved life. As I said, he was just a crazy psychopath who happened to find the most dangerous weapon in the world.
03.08.2011 - 17:16
Metal_4Ever

Written by Guest on 03.08.2011 at 17:03

Written by Metal_4Ever on 03.08.2011 at 16:58

Even in the anime's own world Light was below actual death gods (and knew he was) as he couldn't actually prolong his own life by killing people. Besides, being really really capable of killing people isn't much of a skill unless he was also able to resurrect people who deserved life. As I said, he was just a crazy psychopath who happened to find the most dangerous weapon in the world.

Don't you know who are the people who killed 'em all KIra?
they are dustbin of history, symbols of corruption.
16.08.2011 - 04:32
Mothman

Kira. I rooted for him to the end of the series.