Metal Storm logo
Evergrey - Bassist Leaves, Replacement Announced

Michael Håkansson has decided to part ways with Evergrey. The new bass player will be the band's long-time friend Fredrik Larsson (Hammerfall, Cans). Michael has left the following message for all the Evergrey fans:

"After a long time of consideration and many, many hours of thinking I now, with sadness, announce my departure from the band.
I have been a part of the band for seven years and during that time I have experienced so much and I have seen more than I ever thought I would. But now it is time for me to say goodbye.
My reason for doing this is that I feel a strong urge to do something different in music. This is the one and only reason and it's 100% my own decision.
I want to thank the boys for all the good times we have had together thoughout the years. I wish them the best of all success, something they truly deserve and without doubt will achieve."

Source: evergrey.net
Band profile: Evergrey
Posted: 05.08.2006 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 2 users
06.08.2006 - 18:01
Hrimner
Account deleted
Michael Håkansson has joined "Engel" according to blabbermouth.net
07.08.2006 - 13:27
Graveheart
I hope he will concentrate more on Embraced from now on. I love Evergrey, but that's nothing in comparison to Embraced.
13.12.2006 - 00:18
BrightNight
Michael Håkansson is a very cool bass player, a shame he's gone. Ive seen them live 2 times now. The second time i saw the new bassplayer. And i think he sure is a good replacement. No need to worry:)
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
28.03.2007 - 02:21
Layla
Account deleted
Fredrik Larsson is great!!!
28.03.2007 - 07:35
Bitch Boy
This is a shame, but they chose a good replacement though
13.04.2007 - 03:59
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Swedish metallers EVERGREY have officially parted ways with bassist Fredrik Larsson ? only nine months after he was recruited as the replacement for Michael Håkansson. A replacement bassist has not yet been announced. Håkansson has since joined fellow Swedes HAMMERFALL.
On Metal archives it says that Larsson quit Evergrey to retorun to HammerFall, but on Blabbermouth it says that Hakansson joined HF...strange.

Edit: From HF official site, Fredrik Larsson is the new HF bassist.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes

Hits total: 2230 | This month: 7