Thomas Youngblood - Guitars
Sean Tibbetts - Bass
Casey Grillo - Drums
Oliver Palotai - Keyboards

Guest members:
Björn "Speed" Strid - Vocals on "The Great Pandemonium"
Jon Oliva - Vocals on "The Zodiac"
Gus G. - Guitars on "Hunter's Season"
Simone Simons - Vocals on "House On A Hill", "Poetry For The Poisoned" II and III
Amanda Somerville - Vocals on "The Zodiac", Choir on "Poetry For The Poisoned" I-IV
Chanty Wunder - Vocals on "Where The Wild Roses Grow"
Cloudy Yang - Backing Vocals
Sascha Paeth - Additional Guitars
Miro - Additional Keyboards and Orchestration

This is the first Kamelot album not to feature Glenn Barry, and the first to feature original bassist Sean Tibbets.

Release dates:
Japan - September 1st (via Marquee/Avalon)
Europe - September 10th (via earMusic/Edel Music)
North America - September 14th (via KMG Recordings)

Recorded at the the Gate Studio, Wolfsburg, Germany, in 2009/2010. Produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro. Additional tracking took place in Tampa, Florida, as well as various studios in Sweden, Greece and USA.

The artwork was created by many artists, including Spiros "Seth" Antoniou, Natalie Shau and Michal Loranc.

Available in four versions:
- Regular CD edition
- Digipak CD with bonus DVD
- Digibook CD with bonus DVD
- Two-LP gatefold vinyl edition

Bonus DVD material:
- "The Great Pandemonium" (video)
- Exclusive and in-depth interviews with each Kamelot member
- "Pick and Play" for the song "The Great Pandemonium"
- "Poetry for the Poisoned" background images
- Exclusive video footage from Norway Rock Festival 2010
- Bonus song "House On A Hill" (uncut version) (05:00)

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Kamelot, at least in my eyes, has always been a band that sought their own path through the world of metal. The most fitting description of their sound is, no matter how I hate to admit it, power metal. Not the cheesiest, happiest German type, but power metal nevertheless. What made it more distinguished than most of the other power bands were Thomas Youngblood's distinctive guitar style, clever use of keyboards and orchestrations, and, above everything else, Roy Khan's vocals - so unlike any other metal singer, so non-metal so to speak. These three essential elements carried Kamelot's music through almost 20 years of their career, which has been on the rise all that time. Being quite a prolific band, they managed to deliver 9 full length releases, whose quality was constantly satisfactory, with occasional hints at excellence (Epica, Ghost Opera). Some progressive and symphonic elements crept into Kamelot's music in the meantime, making it richer, more textured and ambitious.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2010 | Comments (146)

Guest review by
ponderer
Rating:
Brilliant. This cd will probably be totally misinterpreted by many, but after listening to it enough it finally dawned on me that Poetry for the Poisoned is just an evolutionary step of Kamelot's musical genius. It's nice to see this band evolving and growing from their power metal roots into something which appeals more to the musically inclined as opposed to serving up the same driving beats and power chords cd after cd. Welcome to the world of progressive metal.

Read more ››
published 12.12.2010 | Comments (22)

Guest review by
Pazu
Rating:
Three long years fans had to wait for an all new full-length studio album, and here it finally is. So what's the deal on Poetry For The Poisoned? In a word - great, although not as great as expected. Kamelot is one of those bands that kept improving from album to album until they reached their zenith with the incredible The Black Halo. The following release was a letdown for many fans, because of new influences on the band's sound. If you are one of those fans, then better pass on this record, since it's one step further along the same road. If you however, like me, loved Ghost Opera, definately give this one a try.

Read more ››
published 15.12.2010 | Comments (4)

Guest review by
Kais
Rating:
It's been 5 years since Poetry For The Poisoned was released. Five long years in which illustrious Kamelot and Conception vocalist decided to bid farewell to the music industry as a whole, for a higher cause, and it was the first studio appearance of original bassist Sean Tibbetts, after long-time bassist Glenn Berry had left the band.

Read more ››
published 28.06.2015 | Comments (7)

Found in 24 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 115   Visited by: 1437 users
01.03.2010 - 20:38
JÄY
Metal slave
I dont see this album being out in 3 weeks
04.03.2010 - 13:41
Rating: 8
Itoc
Trønder
Hopefully they'll just go "supprise mofos!" and then we get all the info. But there are several clues on their net. Look at their advert: "PANDEMONIUM OVER Europe" & "PANDEMONIUM OVER North America"... Feel something Pandemonium-ish going on. Don't you? :p

But this is the same stuff going as Ghost Opera... Though Ghost Opera was announced like 6 months before the actual release. And was after 6 months delayed for another 1-2 months

Please give to me march 22!
10.03.2010 - 12:04
Aergorn

I hope that this is a good album, by looking at the titles of the songs I have been meaning to listen to them, especially those with Simone Simons seems to me that a fat song, I hope the album is the convenience date is given and not a few months later. Sorry for my english im not so good at it im dutch I did this in a translation system translated so .......
10.03.2010 - 12:33
Rating: 7
Thor arise

Somehow it feels that this album is gonna be a "black halo"- very very good....i want it 22 march, not later!!!
14.03.2010 - 10:02
Rating: 10
TemplarLS

This clearly says that album will not come out 22.march
16.03.2010 - 22:21
Rating: 6
extrasafe ivy

European Tour kicks off on the 25th so you never know.
22.03.2010 - 13:34
extrasafe ivy

Any News?
23.03.2010 - 01:31
Rating: 9
kefa

I want it but dont know where to find it:(?
23.03.2010 - 10:58
extrasafe ivy

Should be out by the summer. The European Tour will feature some of the new material otherwise we're going to have to wait.
23.03.2010 - 14:59
Rating: 10
TemplarLS

I think it will be out when the tour is over just like ghost opera
27.03.2010 - 15:34
Imraghil

Yesterday i saw them live.
I saw the artwork from the upcomming album. it is really, really great!

Also they are bringing a new live dvd out. they are going to film in the netherlands!
27.03.2010 - 16:58
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Imraghil on 27.03.2010 at 15:34

Also they are bringing a new live dvd out. they are going to film in the netherlands!

Could you pretty please describe the artwork?
28.03.2010 - 23:54
Imraghil

Written by Itoc on 27.03.2010 at 16:58

Sure, the colours are kind of blue, green, black, white.

There are 2 humans/machines doing some kind of strange hug.
It is very nice edited.

I think the artwork will come online soon.
29.03.2010 - 15:59
Imraghil

Here is a link from the live show in the netherlands, Amsterdam.
The background is the new artwork. It gives an better idea from the new artwork.
http://kamelot.com/liveblog2010/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Amsterdam1.jpg
29.03.2010 - 16:11
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Imraghil on 29.03.2010 at 15:59

The background is the new artwork. It gives an better idea from the new artwork.

Yeah saw it earlier today, man it looks cool. Can't wait for the album to get out. Wish they could release a "good" quality preview of The Great Pandemonium Listened/saw some on youtube from the Tilburg concert, but they're with crappy quality :S I already know perfectly know the drum tracks lol, but want to know the lyrics X)

Artwork looks good and hope to see some more, and the rest of album. I'll see them in Oslo 16. - 17.

What did you think about the concert? Better than previous concert (if you've seen them before) ? =)
03.04.2010 - 13:11
Imraghil

Written by Itoc on 29.03.2010 at 16:11

Yeah saw it earlier today, man it looks cool. Can't wait for the album to get out. Wish they could release a "good" quality preview of The Great Pandemonium Listened/saw some on youtube from the Tilburg concert, but they're with crappy quality :S I already know perfectly know the drum tracks lol, but want to know the lyrics X)

Artwork looks good and hope to see some more, and the rest of album. I'll see them in Oslo 16. - 17.

What did you think about the concert? Better than previous concert (if you've seen them before) ? =)

Yeah this was the 5th time I saw them.
They did a really good job this time but I think the music was maybe better performed but the show something less.
They had less flamethrowers in colors and other giant steam machines.
I think it is nearly impossible to perform better every year for Kamelot, cause Kamelot live is really, really amazing. The best band I saw live.

The new songs are really amazing that they played, I heared a lot of new and refreshing things, can't wait untill the album!
I also hope they come to Graspop, although Kamelot is not really a festivalband.
03.04.2010 - 16:41
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Imraghil on 03.04.2010 at 13:11

They did a really good job this time but I think the music was maybe better performed but the show something less.
I think it is nearly impossible to perform better every year for Kamelot, cause Kamelot live is really, really amazing. The best band I saw live.

The new songs are really amazing that they played, I heared a lot of new and refreshing things, can't wait untill the album!
I also hope they come to Graspop, although Kamelot is not really a festivalband.

Cool, yeah this will be my fifth time as well. Yeah know what you mean. Best Kamelot concert for me was the first time. Though the second time I got to see Khan perform "Danse min vise, gråte min sang" with his grandfather. Might be the most beautiful thing I've seen live. Really hope they make a studio version. At least an Norwegian bonus track (since the lyrics are in Norwegian).

Haha yeah I know. I saw them too at the Norwegian Festival in Trondheim. They did a pretty decent performance, Simone Simens made an appearence (first time I saw her), but they dropped out some of the "traditional" Kamelot stuff they use to do when they're the MAIN ACT. You know, ballads, solos and stuff.

Can't wait to hear Wander live though =) And the new stuff. They did only play The Great Pandemonium and Hunter's Season right?
03.04.2010 - 18:06
Imraghil

Written by Itoc on 03.04.2010 at 16:41

Written by Imraghil on 03.04.2010 at 13:11

Cool, yeah this will be my fifth time as well. Yeah know what you mean. Best Kamelot concert for me was the first time. Though the second time I got to see Khan perform "Danse min vise, gråte min sang" with his grandfather. Might be the most beautiful thing I've seen live. Really hope they make a studio version. At least an Norwegian bonus track (since the lyrics are in Norwegian).

Haha yeah I know. I saw them too at the Norwegian Festival in Trondheim. They did a pretty decent performance, Simone Simens made an appearence (first time I saw her), but they dropped out some of the "traditional" Kamelot stuff they use to do when they're the MAIN ACT. You know, ballads, solos and stuff.

Can't wait to hear Wander live though =) And the new stuff. They did only play The Great Pandemonium and Hunter's Season right?

yes, only those 2 new songs. I think you are a really die-hard fan of Kamelot =P, so am I.
I never heared Wander live before, it's pretty old. And every time i see them I hope so badly they play Nights of Arabia, but they don't play it anymore.. maybe next year.
Thay also played Season's end and The pendulous fall, that was really a surprise and a very nice one.

I saw Simone i think 4 times with Kamelot. She comes from the Netherlands so.. this year she was in Spain so she couldn't make it, instead of Simone there was another female guest singer: Charlotte Wessels from Delain.
03.04.2010 - 19:02
Itoc
Trønder
Hehe, thanks, Kamelot have a special place in my heart =P And think you see that as well March of Mephisto, Wander and The Haunting were my first Kamelot songs. So Wander will be special to me
Cool! Love the new set list!

Hehe, lucky for you that you live in Netherlands. Figure you get to hear Simone talk in her native voice rather than english then Roy speaks (of course) norwegian when he's in Norway :p But what's a little "fucked up" about norwegian language are the dialects. Everytime Khan's in Oslo he usually speak "Oslo dialect", but when he played in Elverum (his birthplace) he spoke his "true" voice/dialect which is rather more "folkish" than the Oslo dialect :p Anyway it's cute and cool to hear it. I'm from Everum too, so I kind of freaked out twice. First: "Roy Khan is Norwegian!?" Second: "He lives in the same place as me!?" :p

Cool Delain sounds good so might be the best choice for a stand in =)
22.05.2010 - 22:54
MetalMANIA

I like Kamelot but this crap with this album is enranging me
07.06.2010 - 01:28
Itoc
Trønder
Written by MetalMANIA on 22.05.2010 at 22:54

I like Kamelot but this crap with this album is enranging me

Yupp, actually I'm more angry about this album than I'm actually excited about it...
Once it comes out I'll be like: "There you are you little basterd! Now get in the CD player and do your shit!"
August, hope this is Kamelot's month cuz I if it gets dellayed just a month over August I'll be ditching it on the release day...
22.06.2010 - 18:52
GwenSelene

The band have announced in their Facebook this:

"KAMELOT Signs With earMUSIC; New Album Details Revealed

earMUSIC, the international rock label of the Hamburg-based entertainment group Edel, has announced the signing of American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT. The band's new studio album, "Poetry For The Poisoned", will be released in Europe on September 3, 2010."

So the album title is Poetry for the Poisoned?
23.06.2010 - 03:13
Itoc
Trønder
Written by GwenSelene on 22.06.2010 at 18:52

The band have announced in their Facebook this:

"KAMELOT Signs With earMUSIC; New Album Details Revealed

earMUSIC, the international rock label of the Hamburg-based entertainment group Edel, has announced the signing of American/Norwegian melodic metallers KAMELOT. The band's new studio album, "Poetry For The Poisoned", will be released in Europe on September 3, 2010."

So the album title is Poetry for the Poisoned?

I've been poisoned by this whole waiting process, so yes damn it's going to be true Kamelot poetry :p September 3. going to be a fine day!
29.06.2010 - 18:53
x-avier

NICEEEEE!!!! I love this band so much, I saw them live in FLORIDA for their black halo tour and was espectacular, even it was a little club, the atmosphere was amazing
02.07.2010 - 21:29
GwenSelene

Written by saelos on 27.06.2010 at 22:26

"The band's new studio album, "Poetry For The Poisoned", will be released in Europe on September 3, 2010."

No more TBA! . But still... September?

We have waited a lot... guess two months more of waiting won't matter much Now I'm craving for having it. x_x
I was on the European tour this spring... the t-shirt I bought there says: "Poetry for the Poisoned", in fact I had the name of the album in front of my nose since April, LOL!
03.07.2010 - 17:43
demonsarising

The album's going to be released September 3rd in Europe, sometime around then for Japan, currently no news for North America.
23.08.2010 - 16:57
Rating: 7
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Irritable Ted on 22.08.2010 at 17:50

These are the first clips I have found.

Check them out.
I think I'll like the new album :3
----
loves 小巫
25.08.2010 - 19:42
pcgecko85

They are doing a good job keeping this album and all its' songs a secret. Can't find it anywhere and I know reviewers have it!
01.09.2010 - 04:18
*!*

Well....its leaked but i didnt hear it yet, hope these guys got some great stuff done on this one
01.09.2010 - 06:32
pcgecko85

Found the leaked copy.... not overly impressed so far. Need to listen a few more times.

Hits total: 45675 | This month: 61