Thomas Youngblood - Guitars
Sean Tibbetts - Bass
Casey Grillo - Drums
Oliver Palotai - Keyboards

Guest members:
Björn "Speed" Strid - Vocals on "The Great Pandemonium"
Jon Oliva - Vocals on "The Zodiac"
Gus G. - Guitars on "Hunter's Season"
Simone Simons - Vocals on "House On A Hill", "Poetry For The Poisoned" II and III
Amanda Somerville - Vocals on "The Zodiac", Choir on "Poetry For The Poisoned" I-IV
Chanty Wunder - Vocals on "Where The Wild Roses Grow"
Cloudy Yang - Backing Vocals
Sascha Paeth - Additional Guitars
Miro - Additional Keyboards and Orchestration

This is the first Kamelot album not to feature Glenn Barry, and the first to feature original bassist Sean Tibbets.

Release dates:
Japan - September 1st (via Marquee/Avalon)
Europe - September 10th (via earMusic/Edel Music)
North America - September 14th (via KMG Recordings)

Recorded at the the Gate Studio, Wolfsburg, Germany, in 2009/2010. Produced by Sascha Paeth and Miro. Additional tracking took place in Tampa, Florida, as well as various studios in Sweden, Greece and USA.

The artwork was created by many artists, including Spiros "Seth" Antoniou, Natalie Shau and Michal Loranc.

Available in four versions:
- Regular CD edition
- Digipak CD with bonus DVD
- Digibook CD with bonus DVD
- Two-LP gatefold vinyl edition

Bonus DVD material:
- "The Great Pandemonium" (video)
- Exclusive and in-depth interviews with each Kamelot member
- "Pick and Play" for the song "The Great Pandemonium"
- "Poetry for the Poisoned" background images
- Exclusive video footage from Norway Rock Festival 2010
- Bonus song "House On A Hill" (uncut version) (05:00)

Staff review by
Daniell
Rating:
Kamelot, at least in my eyes, has always been a band that sought their own path through the world of metal. The most fitting description of their sound is, no matter how I hate to admit it, power metal. Not the cheesiest, happiest German type, but power metal nevertheless. What made it more distinguished than most of the other power bands were Thomas Youngblood's distinctive guitar style, clever use of keyboards and orchestrations, and, above everything else, Roy Khan's vocals - so unlike any other metal singer, so non-metal so to speak. These three essential elements carried Kamelot's music through almost 20 years of their career, which has been on the rise all that time. Being quite a prolific band, they managed to deliver 9 full length releases, whose quality was constantly satisfactory, with occasional hints at excellence (Epica, Ghost Opera). Some progressive and symphonic elements crept into Kamelot's music in the meantime, making it richer, more textured and ambitious.

Read more ››
published 18.09.2010 | Comments (146)

Guest review by
ponderer
Rating:
Brilliant. This cd will probably be totally misinterpreted by many, but after listening to it enough it finally dawned on me that Poetry for the Poisoned is just an evolutionary step of Kamelot's musical genius. It's nice to see this band evolving and growing from their power metal roots into something which appeals more to the musically inclined as opposed to serving up the same driving beats and power chords cd after cd. Welcome to the world of progressive metal.

Read more ››
published 12.12.2010 | Comments (22)

Guest review by
Pazu
Rating:
Three long years fans had to wait for an all new full-length studio album, and here it finally is. So what's the deal on Poetry For The Poisoned? In a word - great, although not as great as expected. Kamelot is one of those bands that kept improving from album to album until they reached their zenith with the incredible The Black Halo. The following release was a letdown for many fans, because of new influences on the band's sound. If you are one of those fans, then better pass on this record, since it's one step further along the same road. If you however, like me, loved Ghost Opera, definately give this one a try.

Read more ››
published 15.12.2010 | Comments (4)

Guest review by
Kais
Rating:
It's been 5 years since Poetry For The Poisoned was released. Five long years in which illustrious Kamelot and Conception vocalist decided to bid farewell to the music industry as a whole, for a higher cause, and it was the first studio appearance of original bassist Sean Tibbetts, after long-time bassist Glenn Berry had left the band.

Read more ››
published 28.06.2015 | Comments (7)

Found in 24 lists
Top lists

Comments page 3 / 4

Comments: 115   Visited by: 1438 users
16.09.2010 - 23:31
ponderer
Written by Daniell on 13.09.2010 at 12:15

The duos are cheesy, not amazing. The guitars are subdued and overly hidden in the background. If I review this album, and I might, its rating will be lower than Ghost Opera...

OH NOES!
16.09.2010 - 23:35
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
elite
Notice the "if"
17.09.2010 - 00:20
Rating: 7
Enissa
Written by MeloDeathViking on 16.09.2010 at 16:33

The duos are cheesy, not amazing. The guitars are subdued and overly hidden in the background. If I review this album, and I might, its rating will be lower than Ghost Opera...

I have to say that I really disagree with your view on the guitars, I think they actually stand out more on this album, than the last two albums, but that's just my opinion. I listened to this album all yesterday afternoon and last night, and I actually really like it, definitely better than Ghost Opera in my opinion.

I totally agree with you, guitars are more prominent in this album than Ghost Opera, especially the solos, which I think they never played like them on any other album like the solos on "The Great Pandemonium" and "Hunter's Season" and "Necropolis" and PFTP
This album is really really good, at first it was a bit weird, but then after a few listens I really liked it, I mean its clearly not power anymore..... its a mixture of power, progressive, symphony and modern rock, and the lyrics are great too...
17.09.2010 - 06:11
Rating: 8
Novas
They changed their sound from Power metal to Symphonic Power metal on The Black Halo & went more on the "Gothic" side on Ghost Opera. So u cant really compare those 2 or PFTP to anything from Epica or earlier.

Im really hoping Kamelot would re-record their first 2 or 3 albums with an atmosphere of The Black Halo for their "next big thing"...
19.09.2010 - 22:08
mismoree
The album sounded ok at first to me, but after a few listens it just seemed really... bland, I guess the word would be. I didn't really like the lyrics either. After the first listen I gave it a 9, but I'm not agreeing with that now.
19.09.2010 - 22:17
Rating: 9
Farbsryche
When I first listened to it, I thought, it's not bad, but not too sure. Having now listened to it a handful of times i'm now starting to really appreciate the complexity of it all, and it's growing on me with every listen. It's the type of album where you need to shut the world out and soak up the dark romantic atmosphere exhuded.

I'm holding back giving it a rating until i've fully soaked up the music. Let's be honest Kamelot do not produce basic non-thinking balls out metal, it's intelligent music with an array of emotions attached.

And before anyone says anything, No, i've not been smoking illegal substances.
20.09.2010 - 00:34
Reza
Account deleted
Probably some of the most boring songs of the year will be chosen from this album !!!
21.09.2010 - 00:25
Vikcen
Metálico
Well, the album is not bad, has a good atmosphere, and sometimes even reminds me to "Epica", but this "Poetry For The Poisoned" is clear it is much less inspired.

This record is more close to "Progressive" than "Power Metal", also it is less epic, and has touches from "Gothic". And of course, you have the orchestral arragements as always, but this time the keyboard sounds more moderm.

My opinion is the following, this album will appeal to the people that like the style "Progressive", long ago that this band was taking this way little by little, even since the aforementioned "Epica", although it still had power metal dyes.

I would put 6.8 rating. Although, if i include the "super limited collector's edition" i would put half point more, for me this edition is very cool by the album's artwork, and the 7" vinyl is an added value for me, if you want buy the original album.
22.09.2010 - 21:11
Farbsryche
I've now listened to this CD quite a few times now, and I love it. A lot of negative comments have been attached to this CD, and I probably would have given it a lower mark, with just one listen. It's the type of album you have to immerse yourself in, and soak up the atmosphere, apart from one track. This one track I am totally ignoring because it does leave the rest of the album feeling a bit 'Meh'.

The bonus track 'Where the Wild Roses Grow', is awful! I don't know why they chose to do this song, it is just so not in any form a Kamelot song. It's a cover by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, with guest singer Kylie Minogue.

So my advice is don't listen to the bonus track, it will sour the feel of the rest of the album. Ignoring this track will make the album a lot better to the ears.
23.09.2010 - 15:45
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Farbsryche on 22.09.2010 at 21:11

I've now listened to this CD quite a few times now, and I love it. A lot of negative comments have been attached to this CD, and I probably would have given it a lower mark, with just one listen. It's the type of album you have to immerse yourself in, and soak up the atmosphere, apart from one track. This one track I am totally ignoring because it does leave the rest of the album feeling a bit 'Meh'.

The bonus track 'Where the Wild Roses Grow', is awful! I don't know why they chose to do this song, it is just so not in any form a Kamelot song. It's a cover by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, with guest singer Kylie Minogue.

So my advice is don't listen to the bonus track, it will sour the feel of the rest of the album. Ignoring this track will make the album a lot better to the ears.

Totally agree with you, but yesterday I listened to 'Where the Wild Roses Grow' all night. I really really hated it at first, but for some reason I love it now :S When I heard of the song, I immeditly checked out the original ver. with Nick Cave. I was shocked and heart broken that Kamelot was going to cover such a weird melancholy song. BUT, now I've forgotten the original ver. and have no intetion to watch Nick Cave's ver. The song fits well into the album's "atmosphere" and I am a sucker for blues/jazz songs which the piano and the guitars perfectly portraits. And Nick Cave's voice suck balls when comparing to Khan So a new tip is to ignore the original ver., and digest the song carefully.

The whole album is underrated. People need to get over that "Karma 2", Epica 2", "The Black Halo 2" ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Accept that change and exploring is a natural thing. The funny thing about this is that by the time we accept "Poetry for the Poisoned" we're going to get smacked again by Kamelot's 10th release. You never know what's up next, and that's beauty about exploring new material. Long live Kamelot and a toast to the future!
23.09.2010 - 15:53
Itoc
Trønder

Ghost Opera had a lot of catchy songs and was indeed a good release, BUT it wasn't anything special about the album compared to Poetry for the Poisoned which has a lot more atmospherical feeling, hence I also feel that this is what the follower up from The Black Halo "should've be". More atmosphere and more "wtf" feeling. Don't expect to have 120 minutes of simply fast power metal songs. Don't get me wrong, I love Ghost Opera, just not as much as I love this release which is way more progressive and diverse
24.09.2010 - 03:38
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Itoc on 23.09.2010 at 15:53

Ghost Opera had a lot of catchy songs and was indeed a good release, BUT it wasn't anything special about the album compared to Poetry for the Poisoned which has a lot more atmospherical feeling, hence I also feel that this is what the follower up from The Black Halo "should've be". More atmosphere and more "wtf" feeling. Don't expect to have 120 minutes of simply fast power metal songs. Don't get me wrong, I love Ghost Opera, just not as much as I love this release which is way more progressive and diverse

I agree with you, i would highlight in this record the good atmosphere, magical atmosphere, is precisely this that reminds me to "Epica" wich is a good thing =)
24.09.2010 - 11:51
Itoc
Trønder
Written by Vikcen on 24.09.2010 at 03:38

Written by Itoc on 23.09.2010 at 15:53

I agree with you, i would highlight in this record the good atmosphere, magical atmosphere, is precisely this that reminds me to "Epica" wich is a good thing =)

You said it bro! But yeah, that's one of the main things I like about Kamelot. I like each record because they sound different and have different aspect all the time, but yeah Epica was bad ass, and PftP is awesome (not Epica awesome, but still amazing!)
25.09.2010 - 11:10
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Update from the band - "'Poetry For the Poisoned' has entered Finland's Top 40 and #21, amazing!"

whoa
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.09.2010 - 23:39
grimm
I am not going to lie, I was really disappointed. This is the first album I ever bought in my life, and it didn't live up to what I was expecting at all. I thought the music wasn't BAD..it was just..boring. Kind of dull. There weren't any lyrics that really caught my attention, and none of the songs really stood out. The songs I liked the best were Seal of Woven Years, and the Great Pandemonium.
So, my favourite album by them shall still remain Ghost Opera.
27.09.2010 - 23:49
Rating: 4
farfaramir
Written by Itoc on 23.09.2010 at 15:45

Totally agree with you, but yesterday I listened to 'Where the Wild Roses Grow' all night. I really really hated it at first, but for some reason I love it now :S When I heard of the song, I immeditly checked out the original ver. with Nick Cave. I was shocked and heart broken that Kamelot was going to cover such a weird melancholy song. BUT, now I've forgotten the original ver. and have no intetion to watch Nick Cave's ver. The song fits well into the album's "atmosphere" and I am a sucker for blues/jazz songs which the piano and the guitars perfectly portraits. And Nick Cave's voice suck balls when comparing to Khan So a new tip is to ignore the original ver., and digest the song carefully.

The whole album is underrated. People need to get over that "Karma 2", Epica 2", "The Black Halo 2" ISN'T GOING TO HAPPEN. Accept that change and exploring is a natural thing. The funny thing about this is that by the time we accept "Poetry for the Poisoned" we're going to get smacked again by Kamelot's 10th release. You never know what's up next, and that's beauty about exploring new material. Long live Kamelot and a toast to the future!

Well, when Epica came out, no one was expecting a Karma 2, but it was a masterpiece. When The black Halo came out, no one was expecting a Epica 2, but it was excellent.

No, No one was expecting an Epica 2... And the album wasn't that good. (It's not bad at all as some states, but it's far for being "very good").
28.09.2010 - 14:29
Itoc
Trønder
Written by farfaramir on 27.09.2010 at 23:49

Written by Itoc on 23.09.2010 at 15:45

Well, when Epica came out, no one was expecting a Karma 2, but it was a masterpiece. When The black Halo came out, no one was expecting a Epica 2, but it was excellent.

No, No one was expecting an Epica 2... And the album wasn't that good. (It's not bad at all as some states, but it's far for being "very good").

I know how you feel man, but as you said no one expected a "Karma 2", "Epica 2" because they kept progressing, and as you said succeeded every time. However Kamelot's "biggest jump" happened already with Ghost Opera. And frankly I didn't like the album one bit when it was released. Ghost Opera can be described as a compilation of very easy listening/easy digest with catchy melodies. Don't get me wrong, I love Ghost Opera, but for other reasons.

However I find PftP WAY MORE interesting than Ghost Opera, and has more atmosphere than Ghost Opera. Hence, what the successor of The Black Halo should have been. Yes, the music itself might have "damped", but compared to their previous albums which where symphonic power metal with PROGRESSIVE elements, is now with in PftP, symphonic PROGRESSIVE metal with power metal elements. Hence Khan's vocals are "damped" in order for his voice to fit the atmosphere.

I got to admit that I was a little puzzled at first, but then I started to love it more and more. PftP main concern is just that it takes a little while to appreciate the album, because it's something new and progressive. You catch something new everytime, and things you didn't notice the first time, and then you start to appreciate the little things.

BUT my biggest concern about PftP compared to all the other releases is a certain "Kamelot sound" - a certain sound/instrument to be specific which is absent. It's a certain "whistle"/"folk-ish tune" (keys I believe) which you find in many Kam songs: "A Sailorman's Hymn", "Center of the Universe" (the calm part), "Moonlight" (also the calm part), "Abandoned", "Anthem" to mention a few. THIS particular "Kamelot sound" appears ONCE in PftP: "Poetry for the Poisoned: So Long" at 00:31 - 00:35 which has THREE (3) bloody notes in the whole album. I don't think many fans are aware of this particular sound, because it blends so well into the music. But yeah, that is one particular thing I was missing. In other words, I wouldn't have recognized this as "Kamelot" if it wasn't for Khan on vocals.

To conclude it, this album is about Kamelot's evolution. Take it or leave it so to speak. I agree with you that PftP isn't as "GOOD" as their previous albums, but I enjoy it for DIFFERENT reasons. I honestly want something new and interesting than something old.
28.09.2010 - 19:12
Itoc
Trønder
Written by grimm on 27.09.2010 at 23:39

I am not going to lie, I was really disappointed. This is the first album I ever bought in my life, and it didn't live up to what I was expecting at all. I thought the music wasn't BAD..it was just..boring. Kind of dull. There weren't any lyrics that really caught my attention, and none of the songs really stood out. The songs I liked the best were Seal of Woven Years, and the Great Pandemonium.
So, my favourite album by them shall still remain Ghost Opera.

Of course it's not what you expected, and yes PftP is not "Ghost Opera 2".
People have different opinions when it comes to music (albums), but I can't help myself that ALL (seriously) ALL girls praise Ghost Opera as their favorite album from Kamelot. I'll be honest and say that, YES, Ghost Opera had a lot of catchy tunes, and, YES, they're all melodic and "sweet", but I just want to clarify it: WHY DO EVERY GIRL SAY THAT GHOST OPERA is Kamelot's peak point?? Don't get me wrong, Ghost Opera is a good release, but when you say that PftP is "dull", do we mean as in: "Simpel", "Unoriginal", "Plain"? Ghost Opera IS DULL. It's a compilation of catchy tunes. I was heartbroken when Ghost Opera came out after The Black Halo: which had a lot of philosophy and depth. PftP is a true successor to The Black Halo, if you don't like progressive music, you might as well give up Kamelot. It has always been about evolution of the music and exploring new areas. Kamelot isn't POP or anything similar. They will NOT please a certain crowd. Accept that change is a natural growth, and accept it for what it is, and NOT what you want it to be.

I'm not a "fanboy", but a lover for exploration and new interesting music. People need to stop with this whining and enjoy the bloody music.
29.09.2010 - 14:08
vezzy
Stallmanite
That's where the problem is: it's new, but it isn't interesting.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.09.2010 - 18:16
Itoc
Trønder
Written by vezzy on 29.09.2010 at 14:08

That's where the problem is: it's new, but it isn't interesting.

As I pointed out, everybody can't love every singel album of one particular band or every singel band in the world.
BUT, I want, and I hope, that you can give me some GOOD argumants than: "DULL", "BORING", "UnINTERESTING" etc.
Give me some real arguments, and then I might take your statemant seriously. I've already pointed out both positive and negatives about PftP.

So people, please comment some real arguments. It's getting "DULL" to read so many "empty" comments. Let's hear som real arguments, and please extend your arguments more than "it's too slow" or "overkilled" etc. In fact try NOT to compare to the other releases and focus on THIS album, instead of drawing forth nostalgic feelings.
29.09.2010 - 18:26
vezzy
Stallmanite
Nostalgic feelings? This is the first time I've heard Kamelot, hahaha.

The album mostly consists of simple melodic clean riffs with symphonic backup and is pretty much just another ordinary melodic/power metal album, vocal breaks featured and it has the typical modern feeling.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
29.09.2010 - 19:24
Itoc
Trønder
Written by vezzy on 29.09.2010 at 18:26

Nostalgic feelings? This is the first time I've heard Kamelot, hahaha.

The album mostly consists of simple melodic clean riffs with symphonic backup and is pretty much just another ordinary melodic/power metal album, vocal breaks featured and it has the typical modern feeling.

Haha, first time? I might understand how you feel in that way. However their previous release was way easier to digest, and in a way melodic. I still consider this more ambisious than Ghost Opera (sorry, I'm just really tired of 16 year old goth girls bragging about Ghost Opera). But yes, you should check out "Karma", "Epica" and "The Black Halo" for sure. It's easier to get into PftP if you sort of know what you "might" expect, and in my case I've been listened to Kamelot for the last 5 years. So you see why I considder this as a good "break" from the old stuff, but they're good, even better for your case.

But the weird thing about Kamelot, in my experience, is that either you "love" Kamelot or you "hate" it - or in some cases like 1-2 songs and that's it. But yeah, check out "Karma", "Epica", "The Black Halo and also "Fourth Legacy" (<- might wait out this one untill you've heard the other three). You might get supprised once you jump from PftP to The Black Halo for instance.
05.10.2010 - 01:22
grimm
Quote:
Quote:

People have different opinions when it comes to music (albums), but I can't help myself that ALL (seriously) ALL girls praise Ghost Opera as their favorite album from Kamelot. I'll be honest and say that, YES, Ghost Opera had a lot of catchy tunes, and, YES, they're all melodic and "sweet", but I just want to clarify it: WHY DO EVERY GIRL SAY THAT GHOST OPERA is Kamelot's peak point?? Don't get me wrong, Ghost Opera is a good release, but when you say that PftP is "dull", do we mean as in: "Simpel", "Unoriginal", "Plain"? Ghost Opera IS DULL. It's a compilation of catchy tunes. I was heartbroken when Ghost Opera came out after The Black Halo: which had a lot of philosophy and depth. PftP is a true successor to The Black Halo, if you don't like progressive music, you might as well give up Kamelot. It has always been about evolution of the music and exploring new areas. Kamelot isn't POP or anything similar. They will NOT please a certain crowd. Accept that change is a natural growth, and accept it for what it is, and NOT what you want it to be.

I'm not a "fanboy", but a lover for exploration and new interesting music. People need to stop with this whining and enjoy the bloody music.

I wasn't whining. Or at least..I didn't mean to. I'm sorry if I annoyed you with my opinion..that wasn't my intention. I don't care if you like it, in fact, I think that's great! I'd be really sad if no one liked the new album. Please don't suggest I like pop music though..I thought I didn't like music because all I knew of was pop. When I found music like Kamelot, I realized I didn't hate music, I just hadn't heard GOOD music before.

Anyway, I'm not going to pretend to like the music if I don't.
05.10.2010 - 12:57
Itoc
Trønder
Quote:
Quote:
Written by grimm on 05.10.2010 at 01:22

I wasn't whining. Or at least..I didn't mean to. I'm sorry if I annoyed you with my opinion..that wasn't my intention. I don't care if you like it, in fact, I think that's great! I'd be really sad if no one liked the new album. Please don't suggest I like pop music though..I thought I didn't like music because all I knew of was pop. When I found music like Kamelot, I realized I didn't hate music, I just hadn't heard GOOD music before.

Ah, sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive. Yeah I know where you're coming from, I'm the same. Kamelot was one of the bands that really opened my eyes, but in my case I've totally ignored POP for several years and listen mostly to metal and similar. So in my case, I like more controversial albums than the "regular" albums. I like this, because most people did go "wtf" when this release came out. I just love the idee, and that is why I find their lyrics and progressing interesting As long they make music THEY like, they will be people who notice it.

But I know this is a though one to digest. I won't lie, it took a couple of listening until I started to like it. My tip is to read the lyrics, and take a few listening. PftP isn't as good as Epica or The Black Halo in my opinion, but it is interesting. Take it slow.
17.10.2010 - 15:03
Rating: 5
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Haven't listened to it thoroughly, but I somehow get annoyed by the general sound of it. Maybe it's a production thing, or maybe my equalizer is set stupidly.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
02.11.2010 - 09:24
Wes
Written by Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk on 17.10.2010 at 15:03

Haven't listened to it thoroughly, but I somehow get annoyed by the general sound of it. Maybe it's a production thing, or maybe my equalizer is set stupidly.

Your right, anybody who is objective can see that this album is awful. It is so bad it is hard to listen to. Making me sad.
09.11.2010 - 11:01
Rating: 10
Darkmember
Their best album since Black halo \m/
----
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
10.11.2010 - 05:03
Sulac
Excellent album. As good as Karma in my books. Very few tracks feel "filler" and I quite like Jon Oliva's part on the Zodiac. I wish the title track wasn't four parts. No Black Halo, but its better than Ghost Opera.
13.11.2010 - 02:16
grimm
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Itoc on 05.10.2010 at 12:57

Ah, sorry if I sounded a bit aggressive. Yeah I know where you're coming from, I'm the same. Kamelot was one of the bands that really opened my eyes, but in my case I've totally ignored POP for several years and listen mostly to metal and similar. So in my case, I like more controversial albums than the "regular" albums. I like this, because most people did go "wtf" when this release came out. I just love the idee, and that is why I find their lyrics and progressing interesting As long they make music THEY like, they will be people who notice it.

But I know this is a though one to digest. I won't lie, it took a couple of listening until I started to like it. My tip is to read the lyrics, and take a few listening. PftP isn't as good as Epica or The Black Halo in my opinion, but it is interesting. Take it slow.

Haha, you know what? I now agree with you. I listened to the album another couple of times, and read the lyrics over again, and I actually love this album now. I did all this by request of my sister, who was quite disappointed that I was disappointed by this album, and I'm so glad I listened to her
13.11.2010 - 18:10
Itoc
Trønder
Quote:
Quote:
Written by grimm on 13.11.2010 at 02:16

Written by Itoc on 05.10.2010 at 12:57

Haha, you know what? I now agree with you. I listened to the album another couple of times, and read the lyrics over again, and I actually love this album now. I did all this by request of my sister, who was quite disappointed that I was disappointed by this album, and I'm so glad I listened to her

Hehe, glad to hear that. Your sister is wise, respects! Yeah, same for me. I've digested it even more. I remember a couple of weeks ago hated "If Tomorrow Came" the most from the album, and now I just adore the song. The main problem, again is the weight of the whole album, takes time to digest But I think this is Kamelot's most interesting album to date. Even though I look upon "Epica" and "The Black Halo" as Kamelot's masterpieces, I still love PftP, but for different reasons. I'm glad that Kamelot took a turn like this one, for one thing it "feeds" the fan with different aspects of a treasured band, and they keep the "uniqueness" of the previous albums. Picture "The Black Halo 2...3..." etc. It would just damp the unique feeling from the original "The Black Halo".

BUT, it's just me though I wished that they would release "Danse mi vise, gråte min sang" (Dance my melody, cry my song) which was performed with Khan's Grandfather (Kåre) You can find it on YouTube. The song is very similar to "Epilogue"

Hits total: 45744 | This month: 58