Metal Storm logo
Emperor

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 06.08.2006 - 22:23
I just saw my all-time favorite band Emperor live at Wacken 2006. And I now see that theese almighty guys doesnt even have a thread here! Well here I am to worship the Emperor. Lets chat a little about Emperor.

What do you think about Emperor and why?
What is your fav. albums / songs / cover art
Is there any --> good <-- similar bands to any of Emperor's diffrent sounds.

You get the idea mates just get a discussion running of this awesome band.

And one more thing, no meaningless posts like "Emperor sucks" or "Emperor rocks". Please put a little more effort, its more fun to read for everyone.

/Cheers Basso
26.02.2007 - 15:37
666SETH666
Account deleted
Man they RULE BIG TIME...my fav album is In The Nightshade Eclipse
13.03.2007 - 01:23
TheDamned
Account deleted
So I'm facing a dilemna right here . Emperor is touring again , in France nonetheless . Problem is , they choosed the Hellfest ,on wich I heard some horror stories (Various complains including lack of security , fighting , drugs , lack of hygiene ...) . Not only that but I already have a ticket to Wacken .Tuska is also out of the question since I can't afford the plane ticket . So I already saw them at Wacken last year : my mind tells me that I should keep my money for wacken and a trip thru scandinavia , but my heart as a metalhead tell me I have to see Emperor one last time . (even there is good chance they will continue to tour after the huge sucess of their comeback. ) . Anyway I hope I'm making the right decision and Emperor will tour again near me soon ! (yep this post is for venting the need to press the add to cart button on the 100 ? ticket to hellfest :p)
13.03.2007 - 01:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 13.03.2007 at 01:23

So I'm facing a dilemna right here . Emperor is touring again , in France nonetheless . Problem is , they choosed the Hellfest ,on wich I heard some horror stories (Various complains including lack of security , fighting , drugs , lack of hygiene ...) .

haha that's a good thing man! This way, you can kick some ass, don't have to shower, and score some drugs!
13.03.2007 - 02:01
TheDamned
Account deleted
Meh , not having to shower is really metal (Duschen ist kein metal as they say). Drugs on the other hand are boring imo , beer forever. And I'm not into fights , I much rather enjoy a beer while singing with fellow metalhead than having to kick some *core kid's ass just to secure a good place at Emperor
14.03.2007 - 02:48
Sea_of_Madness
Account deleted
My favorites albums: Emperor (Ep),In the Nightside Eclipse,Wrath of the Tyrant (Compilation),Anthems to the Welkin and Dusk.......

My favorites songs: Inno a Satana, Ye Entrancemperium, The Loss and Curse of Reverence,Cosmic keys to my creation and times,A fine day to die (Bathory cover),Night of the Graveless souls.......
14.03.2007 - 04:00
Robstar
Emperor kicks ass man .... Great Shit ... Great Tunes !
----
Nothing is unreacheable
14.03.2007 - 13:02
fikce
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.03.2007 at 02:01

Meh , not having to shower is really metal (Duschen ist kein metal as they say). Drugs on the other hand are boring imo , beer forever. And I'm not into fights , I much rather enjoy a beer while singing with fellow metalhead than having to kick some *core kid's ass just to secure a good place at Emperor

Sorry but their wasn't any fight during the hellfest last year!! and we haven't heard anything about drug problems... but you can phone to the Clisson's police station if you're afraid hehe
14.03.2007 - 14:58
Ulric
yes i was there last year no problems , just 20 000 metalheads havin a great time , no fights ! people in clisson were afraid before the fest and we showed them that metalhead doesnt mean bad guy that want to kill everybody. We came for our music . if you don't believe me and Fikce you can phone to the Clisson's police station lol !
this year you can't miss emperor and immortal + the other bands !!!!

14.03.2007 - 18:23
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
One of my favorite bands is Emperor. I love almost every song they have made.
14.03.2007 - 20:49
TheDamned
Account deleted
Written by Ulric on 14.03.2007 at 14:58

yes i was there last year no problems , just 20 000 metalheads havin a great time , no fights ! people in clisson were afraid before the fest and we showed them that metalhead doesnt mean bad guy that want to kill everybody. We came for our music . if you don't believe me and Fikce you can phone to the Clisson's police station lol !
this year you can't miss emperor and immortal + the other bands !!!!

Yeah I really want to see Emperor , Korpiklaani and Amon Amarth again . And after confirmation , all the horror stories came from the fury fest . So I'm really tempted to go now . I have to check with my friends !

And now on topic , speculation time : Do you think Emperor will reform one last time and release something else ? A Live DVD ? Maybe all new material ?
14.03.2007 - 21:16
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 14.03.2007 at 20:49

And now on topic , speculation time : Do you think Emperor will reform one last time and release something else ? A Live DVD ? Maybe all new material ?

I talked about it before in this thread with someone else, and I came to the conclusion that I wouldnt be to surprised if they actually did record material or something. But I still highly doubt it
14.03.2007 - 23:47
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Emperor are currently my favorite band and I believe they can do no wrong. Everything they have released has been nothing short of stellar. "In The Nightside Eclipse" and "Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk" are perfect albums in my opinion and every song on them is awesome, even the covers.

Basso, I am so jealous of the pics in your profile!
15.03.2007 - 10:34
Paganprophet
Account deleted
When I first listened to Emperor, it was like a little revelation of how good black metal sounds with a touch of symphonic, without ruining the BM feeling. Another great band that does this is Limbonic Art. Back to Emperor, they managed to create a sound of their own, unmistakeable, unlike many other BM bands, who just stick to the classical BM sound. Torso is a drum god in my oppinion, just listen to Night of the Graveless Souls from Emperial live, and you'll see what got me into saying this....
25.03.2007 - 01:04
Basso
Account deleted
I have returned to this thread to tell you a little story about me encountering Necrolord (yes the guy that did the In The Nightside Eclipse artwork).

This night I was at a local club and was about too see a band called Art Metal perform. They had a guitarist from Freak Kitchen and an INCREDIBLE bassplayer that apparently had worked together with Buckethead not to long time ago. Well anyway I enjoyed this gig and was blown away by their incredible skills. The drummer also did a great job and I must say they played something more Jazzy than metal I have ever heard.
Now after this gig I was about to leave the club, and guess who I bump into? Necrolord. He stares at me, and then my shirt. (I was wearing my In The Nightside Ecplise longshirt) and he goes like: "wow?"
I stare at him for a while and he stares at me and the I go, Holy fuck I have seen you before you are necrolord!
He was pleasantly surprised to see someone wear some of his artwork on a shirt in a dump such as this(Höganäs is quite a dump indeed...).
We started talking about artwork in general and how much the ITNE artwork meant to me. But we also talked about the dissection covers and so on.
He was a great guy and I am really glad I had the oppertunity to meet him.

Necrolords contribution to the artwork on In The Nightside Eclipse is never to be forgotten!
25.03.2007 - 01:26
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Wow, pretty nice man. Did he really stare at his own artwork? That's pretty weird.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
25.03.2007 - 01:30
Stigmatized
Pretty cool story man. ITNE is some bad ass artwork.
25.03.2007 - 12:10
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 25.03.2007 at 01:26

Wow, pretty nice man. Did he really stare at his own artwork? That's pretty weird.

This town I live in has around 10 metalheads total. Wheras 9 of them only enjoy bands such as Children of Bodom , Norther an so on. I am the sole blackmetal fan here. So I think he was just very happily surprised to meet someone that really enjoyed his work. He doesnt have many fans in this area.
02.04.2007 - 13:47
RavenLord
Just got into this band after reading much praise about them in another thread on the MetalIreland forums...and holy shit, they are amazing! I got INTE and 'Anthems...' off Bitlord, and I'm loving every minute of them, and what I can see of IX Equilibrium and Prometheus on YouTube is just as good! They may be set to become one of my favourite bands!
----
04.06.2007 - 22:23
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
I saw them play last night! Good to see Samoth this time. There was a pause in the middle of the set bacause there were some technicle problems with his his amp or something... and when they trying to fix the problem, the crowd started chanting, "drum solo", so Trym did a nice drum solo. Overall, the show was very good...
05.06.2007 - 12:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Video footage of Emperor's performance at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City (June 1, 2007) has been posted online. Videos for two songs are available 'Curse You All Men!' here and 'Thus Spake The Nightspirit' here.
05.06.2007 - 14:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
Wow, cool pics lol
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.06.2007 - 03:30
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
All albums are great, but my favorite is Anthems.
06.06.2007 - 17:13
Sunioj
Im currently listening to anthems to the welkin at dusk...by fasting emperor for a month. Its fantastic, my fav song right now Ye Entrancperium. Such creative music, its like a symphoney guiding the music. Subtle keyboards but they definetly sound perfect.
15.06.2007 - 11:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
More video footage was posted online about recent Emperor's live performance (June 1, 2007 performance at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City). You can see these video on Metal Injection here. Enjoy.
30.06.2007 - 23:46
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Darkness fell upon Helsinki , EMPEROR came to the town and godamn it was murderous
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
30.06.2007 - 23:49
Ernis
狼獾
Written by heresiarch on 30.06.2007 at 23:46

Darkness fell upon Helsinki , EMPEROR came to the town and godamn it was murderous

Did they play "Decrystallizing Reason"? I would like to see Emperor one day...too bad I didn't have the means to come but I hope Emperor will perform more....
01.07.2007 - 00:14
Baz Anderson
staff
Written by Ernis on 30.06.2007 at 23:49

Did they play "Decrystallizing Reason"? I would like to see Emperor one day...too bad I didn't have the means to come but I hope Emperor will perform more....

no, they wont have played that - they have played more or less the same setlist on all the shows on their reunion tour
it would be nice to see them do some of the songs they don't play often.. but I am not complaining with what they do play! haha
02.07.2007 - 10:41
~IAMLEGEND~
Account deleted
Yay Emperor! ^___^

To the poster, to me, you are lucky. I have no luck and probably never will cause you know US is not really much Black Metal stuff, so we don't get THAT much. Of course my area gets the occasional Dimmu and Nile and such, but never Emperor.

Seriously, the thought of Emperor at show, just makes me almost cry with joy. Favorite of all time.
05.07.2007 - 03:36
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 02.07.2007 at 10:41

Yay Emperor! ^___^

To the poster, to me, you are lucky. I have no luck and probably never will cause you know US is not really much Black Metal stuff, so we don't get THAT much. Of course my area gets the occasional Dimmu and Nile and such, but never Emperor.

Seriously, the thought of Emperor at show, just makes me almost cry with joy. Favorite of all time.

Don't worry about that....either one day they'll play in the US or you will come to the EU to their gig.....see....they played like 80 kilometres from my place and I couldn't see them....money issues....but you know...one day......
05.07.2007 - 04:42
~IAMLEGEND~
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 05.07.2007 at 03:36

Written by Guest on 02.07.2007 at 10:41

Yay Emperor! ^___^

Don't worry about that....either one day they'll play in the US or you will come to the EU to their gig.....see....they played like 80 kilometres from my place and I couldn't see them....money issues....but you know...one day......

Oh, I hope so.

If not, then i'll just stick to whatever bands I can see in Atlanta.