5 - Exodus
05. Light Fuse And Get Away
06. Afterlife
07. The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun
08. Only A Matter Of Time

Staff review by
Dream Taster
Rating:
1989, the date of birth of the biggest progressive metal band ever is set with the release of their first full-length album, nicely entitled 'When Dream And Day Unite'. Dream Theater is hailing from New York, NY and its lineup is then Mike Portnoy , John Petrucci , John Myung , Kevin Moore and Charlie Dominici . This album is probably not their best release but as we're going to see, it features still incredible stuff, especially if you consider again that we are in 1989 and progressive as only known with progressive rock bands such as the mighty Rush and others.

Read more ››
published 10.01.2004 | Comments (15)

Found in 32 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 35   Visited by: 837 users
01.12.2021 - 04:29
R.Boxma

Written by Troy Killjoy on 30.11.2021 at 17:11

Written by R.Boxma on 30.11.2021 at 14:18

In my opinion EVERYTHING about an album has to be awesome, including the album cover art, the literature of the lyrics, and even the track titles!

I mean you're certainly welcome to your opinion, but you must not listen to a lot of metal -- or music in general -- with that outlook.

Alright I'm probably over-exaggerating, however this was a terrible decision for an album cover and I'm disappointed that they all agreed to it.. I do have plenty of metal with less than average covers (eg. Superior - Become). If any album had the best of everything, then that's what would make it a 10/10 in my opinion.
18.02.2023 - 21:21
Rating: 8
Dark Horizons

Their second best album, behind only Images and Words... imo!
----
We are just a moment in time
A blink of an eye
A dream for the blind
Visions from a dying brain
I hope you don't understand
06.10.2023 - 19:28
Rating: 10
IMO their best album! Dominici is a better singer than LaBrie in my opinion! I've said that before but I think every song on this record could be played in a movie where the mythical phoenix is rising up from its ashes (with Status Seeker probably being an exception). I also think this album has a slick late night feel put into it. My favourite song from this album is "Only A Matter of Time". Cool Keyboards, badass vocal parts.
06.11.2023 - 00:52
Rating: 7
Oldy86

Yeah I don't understand how this is their 2nd lowest rated album. It's at least an 8 for me. Great drum work, awesome vocals and some nifty riffs. I do think the album art is a bit crap but it's their first album. He does seem to be having a sexy time on the cover though.
19.11.2023 - 12:31
Rating: 10
DarkWingedSoul

RIP Charlie, thanks for this great gift !

Hits total: 16627 | This month: 48