Metal Storm logo
Getting Stoked For Pensées Nocturnes - Grotesque

Written by: Thryce
Published: 04.03.2010

With these specific "feature" articles we will make you hot for upcoming albums, events and most major festivals... or at least we'll try to. The main goal is to give you all a more personalized, yet fair pre-review of the particular subject.

Have you heard about Pensées Nocturnes yet? Yes? No? In a past life time perhaps? Either way, keep reading...

...'Cuz the band will be releasing its new album at the end of March. And we want you to check it out. Seeing the band's - which is actually a one-man project - debut Vacuum was rather well-received around the board, and seeing the two preview tracks totally rock - well uh, maybe not exactly, as we're talking "depressive black metal with classical-music influenced piano melancholia", as Lucas aptly described them - this release is definitely worth generating some buzz.

Almost a year after the release of Vacuum, mastermind Vaerohn is arising again from the filthy French black metal underground to unleash Grotesque upon us - aka the sophomore release of Pensées Nocturnes (which is French for "nocturnal/nighttime thoughts" - in case you were wondering and to damn lazy to grab "le dictionnaire Français-Anglais").

The two tracks "Thokk" and "Paria" - which could just as easily be entitled "Anguish" and "Torment" - are sounding quite mid-paced black metal-ish, totally antidepressant-resistant, and with a certain momentous classical feel to it. This is the kind of stuff that creeps you the fuck out, making you want to crawl up in a ball on the cold floor, reminiscing how dreadfully impressive and horrifyingly magnificent this sounds.
...A promise of greater and grotesquer things to come! Is it March 27th yet?

Visit http://www.myspace.com/penseesnocturnes to check both songs out.

"Thokk" and "Paria" come from Pensées Nocturnes' forthcoming release Grotesque, out March 27th on Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions.

Here are the details again:

Pensées Nocturnes - Grotesque

01. Vulgum Pecus
02. Paria
03. Rahu
04. Eros
05. Monosis
06. Hel
07. Thokk
08. Suivant

Comments

Comments: 12   Visited by: 135 users
05.03.2010 - 00:44
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Grotesque is definitively placed on my wishlist. I liked a lot what I've heard on these two tracks. Looking forward to its release.
05.03.2010 - 08:04
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I loved, I really really loved the debut, so I'm very expectant about the whole album, the songs available right now are very promising, I think I'm becoming a fan of this guy.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
05.03.2010 - 11:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I'm looking forward to it very much! You can expect a review from me and something special.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
05.03.2010 - 11:53
Urs Blank

I expect nothing but one of the best metal release of 2010!!!
05.03.2010 - 16:50
krakenao

The best of extrem metal album for me!
----
www.lesacteursdelombre.com
cernunnos.lesacteursdelombre.com
06.03.2010 - 01:33
ColdEnid

Pensées Nocturnes is one of the better pagan bands that I've ever heard in my life. I recommend them to you.
06.03.2010 - 14:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ColdEnid on 06.03.2010 at 01:33

Pensées Nocturnes is one of the better pagan bands that I've ever heard in my life. I recommend them to you.

Pagan?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.03.2010 - 16:42
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by krakenao on 05.03.2010 at 16:50

The best of extrem metal album for me!

Says the one who produces the album haha....

Welcome on board Gerald

And btw as you can see people seem to like the band already !
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
06.03.2010 - 23:18
Got Mayhem?

To be released on my birthday I see
Looking forward to hearing this, sounds interesting.
----
09.03.2010 - 00:44
Roro

Never heard about them
16.03.2010 - 07:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Hopefully there won't be any crying on the new album
07.11.2010 - 04:25
SATANSCHAMBER666
Account deleted
I have not listened to it yet but I loved Vacuum so Im really looking forword to hearing Grotesque

Hits total: 8948 | This month: 6