+ Making of Was It Worth It?
+ Angels Don't Kill - Live at Bloodstock
+ Everytime I Die - Live at Bloodstock
+ The Rockhouse Method with Alexi Laiho - DVD trailer
+ The Rockhouse Method with Alexi Laiho - instructional DVD excerpt

Guest review by
Windrider
Rating:
Even before this album was released and before anyone could have heard a sound of it, quite everyone knew that this will not become an album worth a 10. Children Of Bodom have changed too much to return to the old awesome tunes. The band stated before the release of it that Relentless Reckless Forever would happen to be the best Bodom album ever. Blah blah the same shit a band always cries out for marketing, but in this case it even sounded ridiculous. I admit that I was one of those who decided not to spend money on this record. But now I am glad that I am not that firm with my principles in some cases! Expecting some Blooddrunk shit with only more party atmosphere it was a real surprise to me when I first listened to it.

Read more ››
published 21.06.2011 | Comments (23)

Guest review by
Svneatr
Rating:
Imagine a man walking down the road, traveling right down the middle, never wavering, never stopping. Maybe it's dark out, a slight echo to his footsteps. All of a sudden, the man stops. His ears perk up for a second, shrugs it off and keeps right on walking. That is about as close as Children Of Bodom are on this record to returning to their classic sound.

Read more ››
published 14.03.2012 | Comments (31)

Found in 31 lists
Top lists

Comments page 7 / 7

Comments: 196   Visited by: 1794 users
22.06.2011 - 22:42
Rating: 8
Da?bog

For me this album is second best that children recorded so far. First one is "are you dead yet". I like this kind of "partying" songs, but the album could be a little heavyer. . .
----
BELIEVE NOTHING, no matter where you read it or who has said it, unless it agrees whit your own reason and your own common sense...
15.07.2011 - 19:35
Rating: 6
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Its a goof album but not better than "Are you Dead yet"?. But what differentiates from the other albums is they have a pretty good riffs covering most of the songs.
04.08.2011 - 16:59
Rating: 10
aann33ss

More technical then before albums.
16.09.2011 - 19:58
Rating: 10
OnurDemirci

This album makes me so insidious. The riffs are just as amazing as well !
22.02.2012 - 18:40
Wraith000

First time heard of them when i listened to Was it worth it ? .... awesome tune
----
\m/ - - \m/
17.09.2012 - 19:31
jdsony

This is their worst album. Originally I thought I liked it more than Blooddrunk but after having time to sink in I realize there isn't one song I like on Relentless Reckless Forever. There are some interesting riffs but most of them are just interesting for the first half until they throw in an unexpected twist which completely ruins it. I don't think there is one memorable song only pieces that could perhaps form a couple good songs if they did some major editing. Blooddrunk at least for me had a few songs I could say I liked as a whole. Even their worst stuff though has some great lessons for guitarists. Their are a lot of subtleties in their riffs and they are always striving for great tone from the fingers rather than the amp.
17.09.2012 - 23:02
JÄY
Metal slave
I'm one of the few that think this was a big ol' step in the right direction.....its catchy and fun through and through. There's no doubt they'll never have the complexity of their early works.....but you.... that shit was kinda nerdy, anyway.
22.09.2012 - 21:07
pinjal248

Children Of Bodom have been a great band, since their very beginning, and are still good. After their decision to change their style, they've worked even harder in ever album, following 'Are You Dead Yet?' The guitar riffs are much more complex, and the use of keyboard has increased.
Giving them stick for a few years of 'not-so-good' creativity is not what metal fans do. Children Of Bodom was one of the first brutal metal bands I listened to, and I'm a die-hard fan Of Bodom, and for me there are many good songs in this album. It may not be one of their best albums, compared to 'Follow The Reaper', or 'Hatebreeder' but seeing that they too are a group of humans I don't see why they can't fall back a little. I'll support these guys, till the end! I believe they will soon regain what they've lost, and build their legacy, thus becoming a legend. I fucking love Bodom! PS Alexi is a metal god!
! METAL !
09.04.2013 - 00:15
JÄY
Metal slave
I still really like it :/
04.12.2013 - 20:26
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

I actually find this on par with "Blooddrunk" though that's not saying much since the band's truly classic albums are their first four (in my opinion). The title track here as well as 'Shovel knockout' and 'Ugly' show the band's more creatively instrumental side, though the remaining six songs veer on the edge of monotony.
05.12.2013 - 21:15
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by musicalkaratekid on 04.12.2013 at 20:26

the band's truly classic albums are their first four (in my opinion)

*(in most people's opinion)
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

19.03.2014 - 06:48
mikeprado30

It has passages of the first efforts mixed with the Bloodrunk's style, and IMHO it was a nice idea. I don't know but for myself every album from CoB is nice.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
20.03.2014 - 04:04
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by mikeprado30 on 19.03.2014 at 06:48

It has passages of the first efforts mixed with the Bloodrunk's style, and IMHO it was a nice idea. I don't know but for myself every album from CoB is nice.

...Right there with ya
10.09.2015 - 01:36
Toxik

Better than the overrated HCDR
23.12.2016 - 08:23
Rating: 7
DeathMetal

Wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be based off the score.
08.01.2021 - 17:00
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
'You can kiss my nordic, pale-white ass."
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

Hits total: 40572 | This month: 23