Metal Storm logo
KISS

Original post

Posted by Xtreme Jax, 07.08.2006 - 12:38
KISS, one of the biggest Rock bands EVER to walk the Earth and im sure they need no introduction. Easily identified by their trademark face paint and stage costumes, KISS are my all time favourite Rock band. I absolutly love all that i've heard of them which is all but a 3 or 4 albums (Dad was a fan and has all the records and cassets from Dynasty back, so ive picked up and more from him). Actually cant believe theres no thread of them yet, oh well glad to create it *listening to the 5 disc Box Set as im writing this*

So, talk about what you like/dislike about them, favourite albums, songs, favourite era ... etc, so get posting
17.06.2009 - 18:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
the lengths Gene Simmons goes to to get some more cash are getting pretty sad... now he invented ....

GENE SIMMONS URINALS!! wanna know how it's like to piss on Gene's face?? NOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

http://194.88.148.40/?mmid=b785b2d65db04aa1a sorry but i couldn't find a better picture
15.07.2009 - 01:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
What a jerk.
----
23.09.2009 - 17:41
Surely my favorite band, good hard rock music and I think they has the best show ever! For those who like more heavy music, like me, try to listen to "Creatures Of The Night" album, their heaviest.

My first post! Sorry for any english errors!

23.09.2009 - 22:19
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by andre_hellion on 23.09.2009 at 17:41

Sorry for any english errors!

when you'll first meet Bad English, you will see, there is no need to worry about your English here
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.09.2009 - 23:08
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I listened to a few Kiss albums yesterday, honestly don't know what got into me - but still I enjoyed it. I listened to the least popular Kiss albums - also the albums that sold the least - Music from the Elder which I thought was quite good, haven't listened to that in a very long time. Bob Ezrin (well known producer, worked with Alice Copper and Pink Floyd to name some artists) convinced Paul and Gene to try to create a concept album - not a good idea for 1981 . After the weak Unmasked (which I also listened yesterday - uninspired yet catchy), Kiss fans did not know what to do with the album, especially American fans, or so I read. Yet, I think The Elder was a quite good album, I admire them for trying something different.

I also listened to a few songs from their 1983 album - Lick it Up and their 1997 album - Carnival of Souls - again I admire Kiss for trying a more modern sound, I dare say their 1997 album is quite underappreciated, I'd say it deserved better.
23.09.2009 - 23:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 23.09.2009 at 23:08

I listened to a few Kiss albums yesterday, honestly don't know what got into me - but still I enjoyed it. I listened to the least popular Kiss albums - also the albums that sold the least - Music from the Elder which I thought was quite good, haven't listened to that in a very long time. Bob Ezrin (well known producer, worked with Alice Copper and Pink Floyd to name some artists) convinced Paul and Gene to try to create a concept album - not a good idea for 1981 . After the weak Unmasked (which I also listened yesterday - uninspired yet catchy), Kiss fans did not now what to do with the album, especially American fans, or so I read. Yet, I think The Elder was a quite good album, I admire them for trying something different.

I also listened to a few songs from their 1983 album - Lick it Up and their 1997 album - Carnival of Souls - again I admire Kiss for trying a more modern sound, I dare say their 1997 album is quite underappreciated, I'd say it deserved better.

did you listen to their latest?
23.09.2009 - 23:16
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 23.09.2009 at 23:13

I listened to a few Kiss albums yesterday, honestly don't know what got into me - but still I enjoyed it. I listened to the least popular Kiss albums - also the albums that sold the least - Music from the Elder which I thought was quite good, haven't listened to that in a very long time. Bob Ezrin (well known producer, worked with Alice Copper and Pink Floyd to name some artists) convinced Paul and Gene to try to create a concept album - not a good idea for 1981 . After the weak Unmasked (which I also listened yesterday - uninspired yet catchy), Kiss fans did not now what to do with the album, especially American fans, or so I read. Yet, I think The Elder was a quite good album, I admire them for trying something different.

No, in fact I'm not even that curious... I listened to Psycho Circus a few years ago and i was disappointed, so ...
23.09.2009 - 23:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 23.09.2009 at 23:16

No, in fact I'm not even that curious... I listened to Psycho Circus a few years ago and i was disappointed, so ...

well, for what it's worth, both Simmons and Stanley say that it's a classic album and whatnot.
24.09.2009 - 08:07
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 23.09.2009 at 23:19

Written by Guest on 23.09.2009 at 23:16

well, for what it's worth, both Simmons and Stanley say that it's a classic album and whatnot.

1998 Psycho Circus was a back to the classic sound as well - I for one didn't find that album that interesting.
24.09.2009 - 17:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

I listened to a few Kiss albums yesterday, honestly don't know what got into me - but still I enjoyed it. I listened to the least popular Kiss albums - also the albums that sold the least - Music from the Elder which I thought was quite good, haven't listened to that in a very long time. Bob Ezrin (well known producer, worked with Alice Copper and Pink Floyd to name some artists) convinced Paul and Gene to try to create a concept album - not a good idea for 1981 . After the weak Unmasked (which I also listened yesterday - uninspired yet catchy), Kiss fans did not know what to do with the album, especially American fans, or so I read. Yet, I think The Elder was a quite good album, I admire them for trying something different.

Music From The Elder was burned to the ground when it was released (even more than Umasked and Dynasty) and to this remains their most underrated and musically by far their best album.
I somehow don't play it that often. But then again Kiss is a band I don't usually play entire albums from.

@Valentin. Gene and Paul have always been full of shit, so them saying Sonic Boom will be like their old works is like Lars saying the Metallica will be like Ride The Lightning.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.09.2009 - 21:53
Derwood
I'm having a listen to Sonic Boom right now. My first reaction is that it is very much in the vein of their stuff from the 70's: a lot of catchy riffs an memorable hooks. I'm half way through the album and I haven't heard anything that would sound out of place wedged in between "Rock n Roll All Nite" and "Detroit Rock City" in a set list.

Mind you, I'm not saying I've heard anything as good as their classic stuff, just a similar sound.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
30.01.2010 - 05:02
Jonnz of Steel
Written by Derwood on 24.09.2009 at 21:53

I'm having a listen to Sonic Boom right now. My first reaction is that it is very much in the vein of their stuff from the 70's: a lot of catchy riffs an memorable hooks. I'm half way through the album and I haven't heard anything that would sound out of place wedged in between "Rock n Roll All Nite" and "Detroit Rock City" in a set list.

Mind you, I'm not saying I've heard anything as good as their classic stuff, just a similar sound.

Only heard Modern Day Delilah from that album so far, that's a great song.

Creatures of the Night is my favourite of their's, underrated classic
18.02.2010 - 13:35
DayFly
Incredible. There are other people who genuinely like Music From The Elder. Bob Ezrin's production does wonders.
18.02.2010 - 22:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by DayFly on 18.02.2010 at 13:35

Incredible. There are other people who genuinely like Music From The Elder. Bob Ezrin's production does wonders.

I like it as well. The most underrated Kiss album without a doubt. Musically their best by far. Shame they only performed a couple of songs once for tv (which are included on the Kissology II box)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.02.2010 - 23:21
Baz Anderson
Staff
Yes, I like that album quite a bit too.
07.05.2011 - 00:42
Ghostdancer
KISS was my favorite band for a long time. Way, way back in 1976 (when I was a mere 4-year-old) my older cousins were complete KISS fanatics. I remember being in one of their bedrooms and everything was KISS...posters...dolls...picks...belt buckles... a lot of crap...and I remember them playing Destroyer on 8-track. My poor little mind was blown! lol But my parents wouldn't let me listen to them for years. They bought into that whole "KISS stands for knights in satan's service" line. I think that's why I gravitated towards them...they had to be good if my parents forbade me to listen to them. lmao Eventually (in the 80s) I talked them into letting me get a couple of their current albums and then, when given an inch I took the mile and collected their discography over the next couple years.

I loved all the classic stuff and I too found Music from the Elder to be underrated. I always thought it was a great album. At least they were trying to do something different...to grow a little bit. I liked all the 70s albums. From the 80s I enjoyed Creatures of the Night, Lick It Up, Animalize and Asylum...

I don't really like Gene Simmons these days. He's slimey.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
23.02.2012 - 03:37
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Just last week I found this amazing performance of the infamous disco song I Was Made For Loving You. Now on the studio version I have to say it's a bit boring but holy shit did they supercharge it here! it's faster, heavier, doesn't have those annoying samples, Paul's voice sounds more "normal" (though it slips up in places) the drumming and the drum sound is absolute magic, gotta love that chorus.. and then of course there's the show! I still think Simmons and Stanley are full of shit (with Gene out-assholing him), but damn, this is really epic. The rest of the videos from the same performance at Rock Am Ring 2010 are also really good (with Detroit Rock City being my second favorite).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKJOKcJbOYg
23.02.2012 - 08:30
JohnDoe
Account deleted
^ LOL - I was made for loving you is still one of the worst songs by Kiss
Disco sucks...
23.02.2012 - 16:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
My God that is bad rendition of the song. Vocally abysmal and musically quite sloppy as well.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.02.2012 - 19:30
Slayer666
I could have sworn this topic's title was KI$$.
31.01.2019 - 18:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ace Frehley says:

https://www.facebook.com/officialacefrehley

My Reaction to Gene's Post Today

?Gene, your memory is really incorrect!?I was NEVER FIRED from KISS, I quit twice (not 3-times) of my own free will, because you and Paul are control freaks, untrustworthy and were too difficult to work with!

?Your slanderous remarks about my bad habits over the years has cost me millions of dollars and now that I'm over 12-years sober you're still saying I can't be trusted to play a whole nights show! Well that's exactly what I've been doing for the last 12-years with different configurations of "The Ace Frehley Band" to you and Paul's dismay!

?I'm also the most successful solo artist to come out of the original KISS lineup , and proud of it!?You and Paul have tried to derail my solo career multiple times over the years unsuccessfully.

?I've tried to be nice and friendly by inviting you and Paul to perform on my past albums for eOne Music, give each of you guys one of my prized Gibson Les Paul 59' models, but today's comments have made me realize you're just an asshole and a sex addict who's being sued by multiple Women, and you're just trying to sweep it all under the carpet!

?The icing on the cake was when you groped my wife and propositioned her in Los Angeles at the Capitol Records building behind my back, when I was trying to help you out at one of your "Vault Experiences" which I only found out about several weeks later?she was planning on pursuing a suit against you, but I told her to call it off!!!

?Well now the gloves are off after your terrible comments today and I'm thinking that this really may be "The End Of The Road Tour" for you guys!!!

?.Without a complete and heartfelt apology, an offer to give me my old job back, and removing Tommy from the Throne that I created? THE SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN AND THEY'LL BE NO STOPPING IT-IT'S ON!!!
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.11.2019 - 16:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
KISS Unveils First Details Of 75 New Shows For 2020

Feb. 01 - Manchester, NH
Feb. 04 - Allentown, PA
Feb. 05 - Buffalo, NY
Feb. 07 - Charlottesville, VA
Feb. 08 - Greensboro, NC
Feb. 11 - Columbia, SC
Feb. 13 - Lexington, KY
Feb. 15 - Peoria, IL
Feb. 16 - Fort Wayne, IN
Feb. 18 - Springfield, MO
Feb. 19 - Wichita, KS
Feb. 21 - Sioux City, IA
Feb. 22 - Grand Forks, ND
Feb. 24 - St. Paul, MN
Feb. 25 - Lincoln, NE
Feb. 29 - Laughlin, NV
Mar. 02 - Bakersfield, CA
Mar. 04 - Los Angeles, CA (makeup date)
Mar. 06 - Oakland, CA (makeup date)
Mar. 09 - El Paso, TX
Mar. 10 - Lubbock, TX
Mar. 12 - Tulsa, OK
Mar. 14 - Lafayette, LA
Mar. 15 - Biloxi, MS
Apr. 24 - San Salvador, El Salvador
Apr. 28 - San Jose, Costa Rica
Apr. 30 - Bogata, Columbia
May 02 - Lima, Peru
May 05 - Santiago, Chile
May 07 - Asuncion, Paraguay
May 09 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
May 12 - Porto Alegro, Brazil
May 14 - Curitiba, Brazil
May 16 - Sao Paulo, Brazil
May 19 - Uberlandia, Brazil
Jun. 09 - Paris, France
Jun. 12 - Derby, U.K. (Download)
Jun. 14 - Dortmund, Germany
Jun. 15 - Hamburg, Germany
Jun. 18 - Copenhagen, Denmark
Jun. 20 - Sandnes, Norway
Jun. 23 - Gothenburg, Sweden
Jun. 25 - Stockholm, Sweden
Jun. 27 - Helsinki, Finland
Jun. 29 - Kaunas, Lithuania
Jul. 01 - Prague, Czech Republic
Jul. 04 - Barcelona, Spain
Jul. 05 - Madrid, Spain
Jul. 07 - Lisbon, Portugal
Jul. 10 - Frankfurt, Germany
Jul. 11 - Stuttgart, Germany
Jul. 13 - Verona, Italy
Jul. 15 - Gilwice, Poland
Jul. 16 - Budapest, Hungary
Jul. 18 - Sofia, Bulgaria
Jul. 21 - Geneva, Switzerland
Jul. 25 - Johannesburg, South Africa
Aug. 28 - Mansfield, MA
Aug. 29 - Hartford, CT
Aug. 31 - Canandaigua, NY
Sep. 01 - Bangor, ME
Sep. 04 - Atlantic City, NJ
Sep. 05 - Burgettstown, PA
Sep. 08 - Atlanta, GA
Sep. 09 - Raleigh, NC
Sep. 11 - Clarkston, MI
Sep. 13 - Tinley Park, IL
Sep. 14 - Dayton, OH
Sep. 15 - Milwaukee, WI
Sep. 19 - George, WA
Sep. 20 - Ridgefield, WA
Sep. 22 - Boise, ID
Sep. 24 - Salt Lake City, UT
Sep. 26 - San Bernardino, CA
Sep. 27 - Chula Vista, CA
Sep. 29 - Phoenix, AZ
Oct. 01 - Austin. TX
Oct. 03 - Ft. Worth. TX
Oct. 30-Nov. 04: Kiss Kruise X

"End Of The Road" 2021 date:

Jul. 17 - New York, NY

Earlier on Saturday, KISS revealed that the last concert of its "End Of The Road" farewell tour will take place on July 17, 2021 in New York City.
----

apos;'
[image]
04.11.2019 - 16:49
JoHn Doe
^ I thought they had just finished their farewell tour. I guess not.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
08.11.2019 - 14:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by JoHn Doe on 04.11.2019 at 16:49

^ I thought they had just finished their farewell tour. I guess not.

Well I thought so, but seems they cant stop, because money is not issue here IMO, But i think this will be last BIG tour , its sad Europe has so little places. They can play some shows, 2 weeks not big tours IMO
----

apos;'
[image]
15.11.2019 - 17:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]