Metal Storm logo
Arizmenda

14.03.2010 - 20:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
This may well be the best thing I've discovered in the past few years. This thread'll go down like a lead balloon but what the hey.

Part of a supposedly infamous American sect, cult, group, whatever, called 'Worship Black Twilight'. I don't know anything about them, I don't care to be honest, but this band's single full length 'Within the Vacuum of Infinity' is the most compelling release I've heard for a while. A kind of densely packed mix of atmospheric, psychedelic discordia with Xasthur inflections and maybe the odd riff from BaN's 'The Work...' (think Axis, The Choir of the Dead etc.) it's not glaringly original but I can't help but wonder if this is what all those bands wanted to do when they set out to make black metal.

I don't think they have a myspace and their cassette is sold out but they're apparently releasing a vinyl at some point. There might be some samples on their label's website.
14.03.2010 - 20:27
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Sounds like it's right up my alley. Checking out asap.
14.03.2010 - 20:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by spirit_inblack on 14.03.2010 at 20:27

Sounds like it's right up my alley. Checking out asap.

Awesomes! Play it loud!
14.03.2010 - 21:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Yey for a new überkvlt Black metal circlejerk. Definitely going to check this out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
15.03.2010 - 01:28
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Considering the praise surrounding this band, I have downloaded their album and I intend to listen to them later.
15.03.2010 - 03:04
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenmPZlhJAc

good stuff, love the serene intro.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
15.03.2010 - 11:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 15.03.2010 at 03:04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenmPZlhJAc

good stuff, love the serene intro.

Awesome song. That 3 minute intro is pretty much the only respite on the whole album.
16.03.2010 - 23:57
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I have just listened to them, and I must say that their work is quite entrancing, and they include more solos than your typical black metal band.
29.11.2010 - 16:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
*BOINK*

Because they're amazing.

29.11.2010 - 22:35
obliscence
Saw these guys with Volahn, Axeman, Ashdautas awhile ago along with Dispirit (not part of BTC) and Fell Voices (not a part of BTC) and they were awesome. If you like this one I also highly recommend another project of theirs called Kuxan Suum that has the same sort of BAN influence along with some more psychedelic elements. The KS demo is just one long track a bit over 17 minutes. I doubt it is still available, but it can be found elsewhere.
30.11.2010 - 00:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by obliscence on 29.11.2010 at 22:35

Saw these guys with Volahn, Axeman, Ashdautas awhile ago along with Dispirit (not part of BTC) and Fell Voices (not a part of BTC) and they were awesome. If you like this one I also highly recommend another project of theirs called Kuxan Suum that has the same sort of BAN influence along with some more psychedelic elements. The KS demo is just one long track a bit over 17 minutes. I doubt it is still available, but it can be found elsewhere.

Damn that sounds exactly my kind of thing, anything with BAN influence is always welcome. I'll check them out asap, cheers. I haven't checked out any of the other BTC bands yet, I probably should give them all a go.
30.11.2010 - 01:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
That Kuxan Suum is even more psychedelic; totally going in a noise-rock direction, almost free-form improv at times. Excellent stuff indeed, I like it when black metal bands move in this direction.
30.11.2010 - 03:50
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Written by obliscence on 29.11.2010 at 22:35

Fell Voices is pretty much fucking awesome. Sounds like a great show.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
02.12.2010 - 08:50
obliscence
Actually Fell Voices I have yet to find much appreciation for. Sounds too much like they are just jamming on an ok riff idea but never really turn it into anything solid. The drummer is fun to watch for awhile as he plays really hard, but it is distracting from the guitar parts. Ashadautas I am not too into in the recordings, but live they really capture some crazy chaotic spirit. Seems like Ashdautas might be incorporating a lot of improvisation too, but I am not sure.
02.12.2010 - 11:34
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
You ever listen to their two albums and split?
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
02.12.2010 - 11:59
obliscence
I downloaded an 2009 full length FV LP rip, not sure what the title is. Also checked out some stuff either on myspace or youtube that was different. None of it did anything for me, nor live.
02.12.2010 - 12:10
obliscence
Looking at the other thread on FV, I guess the other thing I heard was the split with Ash Borer (who also did nothing for me). I think in general the whole 'cascadian' sound is just very boring to me. So far the only band I've found that was marginally interesting was Fauna.
03.12.2010 - 03:45
The Turbanator
This is great! Thank you! I'm getting this now.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
03.12.2010 - 03:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Wahay! Momentum!
14.08.2011 - 23:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New album is cream worthy. Not as good as the debut but not short enough of that to be anywhere near a disappointment.
15.08.2011 - 02:27
InnerSelf
proofread free
Thanks for reviving this thread , I will check them out soon as I can
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
15.08.2011 - 14:51
Slayer666
Written by Guest on 14.08.2011 at 23:25

New album is cream worthy. Not as good as the debut but not short enough of that to be anywhere near a disappointment.

Indeed.
Kudos for the artwork too. That's some weird shit right there.

Arizmenda is the best thing (music-wise) to come out of the US since Xasthur, IMO.
15.08.2011 - 14:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 15.08.2011 at 14:51

Written by Guest on 14.08.2011 at 23:25

Indeed.
Kudos for the artwork too. That's some weird shit right there.

Arizmenda is the best thing (music-wise) to come out of the US since Xasthur, IMO.

There's more than a little bit of Xasthur in Arizmenda too. Perhaps more in the debut but it's definitely omnipresent in Arizmenda's music.
15.08.2011 - 17:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 14:52
There's more than a little bit of Xasthur in Arizmenda too.

Never took a chance on 'em before but now I will.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2011 - 17:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2011 at 17:50

Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 14:52
There's more than a little bit of Xasthur in Arizmenda too.

Never took a chance on 'em before but now I will.

Well check out the Youtube clip up there. You might not like their asses.