Metal Storm logo
Novembre

17.05.2006 - 17:10
Damnated
Churchburner
I wanted to make a thread about this great band, but I didn't... So here it is. What do you think about them? They play a very high quality death/doom, but I can hear alos some progressive influences. I like the vocals, and the whole concept of each song, although sometimes they remind me of Opeth very much. My fav album would have to be Novembrine Waltz, that album is a classic to me. Didn't enjoy the new album all that much though.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
28.05.2006 - 00:55
Surtur

It's a great band, but the truth is that their discs are somekinda hard to find, I've heard classica, Novembrine Waltz ands a part of materia I just have something to say, they're absolutely awesome...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
28.05.2006 - 10:48
#~|CoP Return|~#
Account deleted
Ahh nice to see that people know and like theband!

One of my favourites I should say... discoveredthemwith Novembrine Waltz and directly fell in love! Then I listened all of their stuffs... really nice work , no album has reallydecieved me and that's a rare thing for a band to keep an excellent lvl on each album they make...

THE best band coming from Italy IMO and as I said it in some other forums one of the most UNDERRATED band of the moment... I don't know why people with such talent should become just a memory so fast ... people we must give them a chance... For an example even Band like Opeth (they have the most Ms Fans here ) had so much problem recording album and being known... On the recording of blackwater park Mickael has to work in a garage to pay the studio money... Same with Anathema they're an awesome band but they greatly lack money ...

Novembre is one of those bandsthet posesses so much talent but is not enough known for that... this year they Toured with anathema for their promo of 'Materia' their new album, maybe this will make their reputation grow... I hope so for them because they are great !
28.05.2006 - 14:45
okt31
Account deleted
I thought, too that they sounded like old Opeth.. I'll see them co-headlining with Obituary.. Which album should I listen to? I've got only one dong or two.. And what tracks do they usually play live.. Thx in advance!
29.05.2006 - 05:04
Surtur

Written by Guest on 28.05.2006 at 14:45

I thought, too that they sounded like old Opeth.. I'll see them co-headlining with Obituary.. Which album should I listen to? I've got only one dong or two.. And what tracks do they usually play live.. Thx in advance!

It's hard to say all their albums are great, personally I'll select Classica, wow that album is awesome full with harsh voices, clean voices when you hear it you feel some melancoly in the air...
----
29.05.2006 - 08:33
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I have to be a certain mood to listen to Novembre, but when that time occurs, it's very rewarding. I enjoy their "Arte Novecento" CD very much, with its somber feel mixed with angst at times, and the slower pace is refreshing. The vocals are a hit or miss at times.... I love the extreme vocals, but the clean ones can be difficult to adjust to, especially for new listeners I think. I'd call them an "acquired taste", though I'm always a fan of a singer who doesn't sound like anyone out there.

Their new CD is not as heavy as their previous works...which I think creates a smoother listen, but there is a sense of variety that is not there that was very present on "Novembrine Waltz."

I've yet to hear "Classica," unfortunately, because the band's CDs are curiously out of print--Novembrine Waltz seems to be as well, though I happened to have purchased that years ago.

Anyway, great band, though yes, not ALL of their songs are masterpieces...!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
30.05.2006 - 16:53
SteTech

I saw them when they supported Katatonia on their recent tour, and I found them kinda boring. I bought Arte Nevecento from the merch stand, but I wasn't too impressed with it. I got a Peaceville promo CD as well, and one of their new songs was on it. It doesn't sound too bad, but I don't think I'll be getting into them just yet
31.05.2006 - 16:23
TheKreator
Account deleted
hmm..they sound well to me..and i'm looking forward to seeing them when they will be playing as an opening act for Obituary on the 17 th of june in Bucharest...
23.06.2006 - 02:22
rebelos
Account deleted
i recently started to get into them...

have Classica and Arte Novecento

which is their favorite?
23.06.2006 - 14:00
Damnated
Churchburner
IMO Classica is their mastrepiece, awsome, so melo and so brutal at the same time. I really like the vocals, not so growling
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
24.06.2006 - 02:38
Surtur

Classica of course, songs like Onirica East & L'Epoque Noire ares masterpieces, and what about the beginning of Winter 1941? that guitar is great, abolutely beautiful...
----
26.06.2006 - 05:42
Sulfur91
Account deleted
I like them. I only have a few songs on my computer that someone sent to me.. They're hard to find online. But I will search more later.

Everasia is my favorite song out of all of them.
29.08.2006 - 14:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
People you all know what is in album titel cover ''Arte Novecento'' I think someone can dont like it, it remainds me Duce who talk whit ''ultras'' :rollin: or that are poup, and I like this abnd thaya er simmilar liek Opeth, but so love raited and maybe because thay are ittalians, and soem albums has mixed in Sweden whit Dan Swåno help
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.08.2006 - 14:26
Drizzling Blur
Account deleted
I have their latest album Materia, amazing guitar work in this album, subtle but effectively thoughtful, i still have to listen to their other albums.

Looks like Materia definitely sounded different from what they've been playing, it has the Doom Influence, not the death part, i listened to it thouroughly, amazing band, will get more of their music.
07.06.2007 - 23:51
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
The new album was the first I heard and it's pretty damn good, Im expecting Waltz in the mail soon. Materia has a great doom influence, I especially like the acoustics on Gepetto. Im also going to be seeing them in September.
08.06.2007 - 23:51
Ernis
狼獾
They performed at Paljassaare Rock Fest if I'm correct.....I would have liked to see them but unfortunately I wasn't able to make it there.....
09.06.2007 - 02:08
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I have Materia and it's just beautiful. They need more attention then they are getting now, great band.
05.12.2007 - 01:31
Baerd

I've just got their album Dreams D'Azur a few days ago, fell in love with it with the first listening . It's a shame that I haven't found out about them earlier since they realy sound great on this album. My personal favourite from this album would be song Sirens In Filth, great piece of music .
----
And you, are you so forgetful of your past, is there no echo in your soul of your poets' songs, your dreamers' dreams, your rebels' calls?
12.12.2007 - 10:47
FOOCK Nam

I need help. A question: Is there any psychedelic element in the song Blucracy from the latest album The Blue?
22.04.2008 - 12:59
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
when I find this band and heard their song , I find out my way . but I wish their song be in english lyrics
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
18.01.2009 - 16:41
Aqualunae

It's sad for me to see an already opened Novembre topic,because i wanted to write about ths band so much..
after Opeth,Novembre comes for me..
when i listen to Novembre,i can easily suffer..but i like this feeling..melancholic and astral..
----
It's some kind of psychedelic experience..
Our body is light,we are immortal...
Our body is love,we are eternal..
Eternal...
21.01.2009 - 15:22
Wytch
Account deleted
Written by ArtiA on 22.04.2008 at 12:59

when I find this band and heard their song , I find out my way . but I wish their song be in english lyrics

They get so?
21.01.2009 - 16:38
ArtiA
Robin Goodfellow
Quote:
Quote:

They get so?

I mean my fav song such as : Verne , Jules and The Blue album . I can translate lyrics but I think , translate can make vague on .... cuz they used so metaphor that make mistake for true comprehend . so everyone can get ENG ( well enough ) .
----
"The WAY" is perfect and complete like boundless space nothing redundant but because the mind continues to make distinction.
26.01.2009 - 15:50
gid

Written by ArtiA on 21.01.2009 at 16:38

I mean my fav song such as : Verne , Jules and The Blue album . I can translate lyrics but I think , translate can make vague on .... cuz they used so metaphor that make mistake for true comprehend . so everyone can get ENG ( well enough ) .

The entire The Blue album is in English, and if you buy the CDs for Classica, Novembrine Waltz and Materia, you'll see the band have given English translations for all the Italian lyrics.
22.02.2009 - 00:42
kabaL

I started to listen them since a year...

They are great, Classica is a masterpiece, and I liked a lot also Novembrine waltz and Materia
28.08.2009 - 07:49
ComePierrot

There will never be another metal album like Novembrine Waltz.
29.08.2009 - 21:57
IllOmenNation

Aquamarine is a brilliant song.
----
Ill Omen Nation - Great Finnish/Scandinavian Metal! http://www.myspace.com/illomennation
31.05.2011 - 20:12
Tetravirulence

One of my fav bands but depressive thing that they are not updating about their current status since THE BLUE. Disappointing.
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
31.05.2011 - 21:18
NyarlathoTim

I like Classica, but I don't like the more recent stuff as much. He relies too much on that same vocal tone too much, I think.

The guitar tone makes them hard to listen to, too. It's so trebly and mixed too high on a few of their albums, so my ears can only take a song or two at a time.

When I had a college radio show, we'd play Tales From a Winter to Come constantly.
----
Burning Shadows - US Power Metal
Recently Vacated Graves - Zombie Metal
Isenmor - Folk Metal