Metal Storm logo
Ice Hockey

Original post

Posted by Bad English, 25.03.2010 - 16:20
Lets continue our discussion about this great sport
13.03.2014 - 01:47
Mattybu

Peverley was one of the only Bruins I could stand, it was crazy what happened to him. Crazier still that apparently the first thing he asked after collapsingwas if he could finish the game. Just goes to show how much an NHL player puts on the line for their job.

Also Dallas managed to beat the best team in the league the very next day... Who knows maybe they'll get ignited by the incident and push into the playoffs. Although I imagine St Louis/Chicago would dust them off pretty easy in the first round. I'd say any team beating Anaheim is fair game after last year and the Sharks are perennially disappointing.
13.03.2014 - 02:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
MoDo vs Linköping play in best of 3
(1-6 to qurters direct 7-10 2 teams will join, real quarters best of seven

Modo 0-2 Linköping
Leksands 1-1 Hv71
those are in series

MoDo was leading 4-0 and Linköping get 4-2 in end won in OT 4-5
Modo player simply when team was leading 4-2 and 10min till end streight elbo to player face, he felt, blood on ice, get get 5 + game and well guess what LHC equlize in 30sec time and get draw and then won OT ... one player rought game dug grave to all team .... you cant playu like this when you'e leading
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.04.2014 - 03:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Stanley Cup Play Offs:

Well surprise were Capitals and Devils did not enter i play off zone , and also one Canadian team how came

My predictions
EASTERN CONFRERE:
Division Semifinals
Boston Bruins 3-4 Detroit Red Wings
Bruins won President trophy and req season, but play offs re play offs and RW are different as they were before,some new players and well they wont give up ijn hard 7 games take this one

Tampa Bay Lightnings 2-4 Montreal Canadians
Canadians remember Gudlevsks in Olympics Habs will play hard in all Canada name, and somehow I think Bolts are to week for play ffs

Pittsburgh Peungunis 4-1 Columbus Blue Jackets
Dunno I think so

New Your Rangers 4-3 Philadelphia Flyers
NYR play way to good , might be lucky and take all cup

WESTERN CONFRERE
Colorado Avalanche 3-4 Minnesota Wild
I like surprises, and Avs are not Avs what they were, so this is like (non will kill us if we lose type of games)

St Louis Blues 1-4 Chicago Black Hawks
BH are one of favs in whole touraent, so I think they will wal easy on Blues

Anaheim Duck 4-1 Dallas Stars
Teeme, Teemu, good team, last chance for a legend and Dallas its 1th time in 10 years wehn they enter, Stars lasty time were in Mick Modano days ??
''1th'' time against such team , I dont think so

San Jose Sharks 4-2 LA Kings
3th time they play this time its Sharks
----

apos;'
[image]
16.04.2014 - 07:59
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
B's won the President's Cup, so unlikely to hoist the real Cup given hsitory... but should get through the first round easily. 3rd in Goals per game, 2nd in Goals Allowed. lots of playoff experience, both in absolute victory - 2011 Cup Run - and in absolute failure - 2010 collapse against Philly will help.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.04.2014 - 20:16
Mattybu

I would say the Red Wings are the most likely to beat the Bruins of any team in the East. They have enough youth and speed to negate the goon game at times, and outside of goonery Boston doesn't have much going for them, other than an exceptional goalie (hate Rask, but he is good). Sadly the playoffs are a time where the quality of the NHL's product dips to it's lowest but I'll be watching the Wings play anyways. People seem quick to forget they have the best coach on planet earth, a collection of some of the best young players out there, and a goalie who while being inconsistent, can step up in the post season. Not to mention they beat Anaheim last year, who are another better team than the Bruins, and gave Chicago more trouble than than Boston did. And that was without Tatar and Sheahan.

The other realistic options for an opponent would be Toronto and Columbus. Toronto would have gotten beaten easily, and since Columbus is pretty lacking in the skill department, they would have to out-goon Boston and would fail at it. Already in game 1 against Pittsburgh, the Jackets rolled out every hook, cheap shot and slew foot they could and still lost. So I think if any 8th seed will be upsetting a 1st, Detroit will be. Really all we have is the refs against us and the fact that it's in the NHL's best interests for Boston, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Chicago to go far.

That being said my bracket of winners is something like this:

Detroit in 6 games
Pittsburgh in 5 games
Philadelphia in 7 games
Tampa Bay in 6 games

Anaheim in 5 games
San Jose in 7 games
Colorado in 6 games
St. Louis in 6 games

Well that's based on PLAYING HOCKEY anyways. It might restore some of my faith in the league if the Hawks, Bruins or Habs get knocked out early, but as far as I'm concerned the current NHL is a bit of a joke. Percentage wise, the refs have a much, much larger impact on games than the league that actually takes all the flak for being fixed (NBA basketball).
18.04.2014 - 21:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mattybu on 18.04.2014 at 20:16

I would say the Red Wings are the most likely to beat the Bruins of any team in the East. They have enough youth and speed to negate the goon game at times, and outside of goonery Boston doesn't have much going for them, other than an exceptional goalie (hate Rask, but he is good). Sadly the playoffs are a time where the quality of the NHL's product dips to it's lowest but I'll be watching the Wings play anyways. People seem quick to forget they have the best coach on planet earth, a collection of some of the best young players out there, and a goalie who while being inconsistent, can step up in the post season. Not to mention they beat Anaheim last year, who are another better team than the Bruins, and gave Chicago more trouble than than Boston did. And that was without Tatar and Sheahan.

The other realistic options for an opponent would be Toronto and Columbus. Toronto would have gotten beaten easily, and since Columbus is pretty lacking in the skill department, they would have to out-goon Boston and would fail at it. Already in game 1 against Pittsburgh, the Jackets rolled out every hook, cheap shot and slew foot they could and still lost. So I think if any 8th seed will be upsetting a 1st, Detroit will be. Really all we have is the refs against us and the fact that it's in the NHL's best interests for Boston, Pittsburgh, Montreal, and Chicago to go far.

That being said my bracket of winners is something like this:

Detroit in 6 games
Pittsburgh in 5 games
Philadelphia in 7 games
Tampa Bay in 6 games

Anaheim in 5 games
San Jose in 7 games
Colorado in 6 games
St. Louis in 6 games

Well that's based on PLAYING HOCKEY anyways. It might restore some of my faith in the league if the Hawks, Bruins or Habs get knocked out early, but as far as I'm concerned the current NHL is a bit of a joke. Percentage wise, the refs have a much, much larger impact on games than the league that actually takes all the flak for being fixed (NBA basketball).

now I need think in what result in series it will be
----

apos;'
[image]
25.04.2014 - 21:26
Risto
Wandering Midget
Kärpät wins and pushes the Finnish league finals into game seven, first time ever in the league's history.
25.04.2014 - 23:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Risto on 25.04.2014 at 21:26

Kärpät wins and pushes the Finnish league finals into game seven, first time ever in the league's history.

where will be Game 7?

Skellefteå 4-0 Färjestad
most boring final ever, FBK is like Barca , bayern Munchen what dominatyes 5-1, 8-1 I dont remeber such results in the final
----

apos;'
[image]
26.04.2014 - 00:02
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Bad English on 25.04.2014 at 23:26

Written by Risto on 25.04.2014 at 21:26

where will be Game 7?

Kärpät won the reg. season so they have home advantage.
01.05.2014 - 17:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So 1th round is over ... I was good at predition, I wish Bitter, Troy, Array, Risto and others would do same

I guessed 100% Wild, Kings and NYR
I guessed winner whit + and minus 1 game
Pens, and Hawks,...

I guessed winners in Habs, ... I made mistace in Bruins ..... only mistace
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2014 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Conference Semifinals

Eastern Conference Semifinals:
Boston Bruins 4-2 Montreal Canadians
I don't know, seeing Bruins all time and Bruins I not that team what plays reg season and sucks in play offs, they play all good, and they are better , so I say Bruins

Pittsburgh Penguins 2- 4 New York Rangers
Its NYR days, Pens are well reg season team Malkin moves, Crosby is wuss, no goals in play off, so I think NYR has better chances and history proved, after Pens won a cup, they struggled ?

Western Conference Semifinals
Chicago Blackhawks 3-4 Minnesota Wild
Hawks is weird, plays so so, I say Wild goes, because they have more motivation, win this game, and won in fight good game whyle Hawks had some weird games? so I guess its Wild

Anaheim Ducks 4-2 Los Angeles Kings
Ducks, they have rest a lot whyle Kings played and survived, its hard fisical and nervosa when one loss its over, now I think they be over played and Ducks will use it ?.
----

apos;'
[image]
01.05.2014 - 19:33
Mattybu

Written by Bad English on 01.05.2014 at 17:51

Crosby is wuss, no goals in play off,

this is what people with no knowledge of the game of hockey say about players like Crosby. He actually played great on the defensive end throughout the whole Columbus series and kept his composure while being shadowed by Blue Jacket players. Got a few assists too, which are just as valuable as goals. The puck going in the net is the goal of the game, and Crosby will often choose the unselfish play to create the best quality scoring chance.

If Washington made the playoffs and Ovechkin got a hat trick every game, and had the other team score on his 5 times a game while he was on the ice, would you be saying he is playing great? Ironically a less dramatized version of this happened in the regular season, which led Ovechkin to one of the worst +/- ratings in the NHL and people still say he had a great season. In my opinion he didn't at all, and if he learned to play some defense his team might have made the playoffs (they weren't far out).
17.05.2014 - 19:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I predict 2 winners, 2 were wrong and non of preditions were 100% one game to much or less

Conference finals
Eastern:
New York Rangers 4-3 Montreal Canadiens
Original six game. its be hard both team won tough matches, specially in last round , it will be 7 game series , but I think it will be NYR somehow this will be series where luckiest team will win whit some OT goal and it will be NYR .... I have a weird fealing

Western:
Los Angelos Kings 4-1 Chicago Blackhawks
Easy for LA Kings, since Black hawks last 2 rounds was so so, easy not real opponent and same time LA Kings survived 2 seven game series whit hard team, hard opponent and I think they will ride easy over Chicago
----

apos;'
[image]
19.05.2014 - 00:28
Mattybu

Written by Bad English on 17.05.2014 at 19:34

I predict 2 winners, 2 were wrong and non of preditions were 100% one game to much or less

Conference finals
Eastern:
New York Rangers 4-3 Montreal Canadiens
Original six game. its be hard both team won tough matches, specially in last round , it will be 7 game series , but I think it will be NYR somehow this will be series where luckiest team will win whit some OT goal and it will be NYR .... I have a weird fealing

Western:
Los Angelos Kings 4-1 Chicago Blackhawks
Easy for LA Kings, since Black hawks last 2 rounds was so so, easy not real opponent and same time LA Kings survived 2 seven game series whit hard team, hard opponent and I think they will ride easy over Chicago

I agree with you on the Habs/Rangers series, actually. I don't think either of those teams has a particularly significant edge over the other, so I would think it'll be a pretty close series.

I'd like to see the Kings win their series, and you are right to say they have had tougher opponents than the Blackhawks, but I don't know. The NHL just loves that Chicago market and loves to jock Toews and Kane on unbelievable levels. I bet that one will go to 6 or 7 games too.
19.05.2014 - 13:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mattybu on 19.05.2014 at 00:28

I agree with you on the Habs/Rangers series, actually. I don't think either of those teams has a particularly significant edge over the other, so I would think it'll be a pretty close series.

I'd like to see the Kings win their series, and you are right to say they have had tougher opponents than the Blackhawks, but I don't know. The NHL just loves that Chicago market and loves to jock Toews and Kane on unbelievable levels. I bet that one will go to 6 or 7 games too.

Habs and NYR they have names and history whit their side, but they works as team (well BMB whit BMA made seat, angine, all detail in angine ) other teams are lik BMW whit ferari angine, jaguar gear tick , I hope you get what I mean ... those series well they won hard games, maybe 1th was easy for Habs , but now its hard to tell, its risky
Well Pens, caps and also Cunucks and old days Rangers, they make super star team whit no play off menthgality ... Oviem Malkin, Crosby has noreal play off menthality after olympics they are tired all specaly fans wait they will save the day but ... other teams even 4th line can save theday as Canada in Olympics in vancouver .. 4th line made a play

other one well I like BH , its more hockey town as LA ever be, but I like see hockey is also popular in sunhine state and they can play but team has like some super, some weeker, and they have been good so far --- strongfer as Eastern teams no doubt , but after so hard seris, xan they find a energy?
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2014 - 06:36
Mattybu

Written by Mattybu on 19.05.2014 at 00:28

The NHL just loves that Chicago market and loves to jock Toews and Kane on unbelievable levels. I bet that one will go to 6 or 7 games too.

Watching the games on CBC, literally all the commentary guys did every game was sit around and talk about Patrick Kane and how great he is. Even compared to GRETZKY in game 7, during 2nd intermission. Patrick Kane throws a puck to the net from the blueline, greatest goal in the history of NHL hockey if it goes in. The analysis guys can be a joke in general (especially the NBC guys) but I won't miss hearing every 5 seconds a heap of superlatives about mundane plays made by Kane.

The LA Kings had to put up with some unbelievably bad calls throughout the second period of the game, which effectively negated the work they did to get the game back to 3-3, and they still find a way to go macho on win. Sharks in 7 after down 3-0, Anaheim in 7 after down 3-2, Chicago in 7 after losing 2 straight, game 7 won on the road amidst some of the most pitiful refereeing I have ever seen, even for the NHL's standards. I'm convinced the Los Angeles Kings are the best team in the NHL. They have played like an absolute machine during the playoffs, and haven't cracked under pressure.

Best of all, Chicago being out means for the next year or so, the last team to defend a championship was....

02.06.2014 - 16:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I predict winners in conforemce finals (not series in what games) but winners

Well final is here .... Los Angelos Kings vs New Your Rangers.... I think it will be 7 game series and NYR takes it , but I hope so, but seems to me LA is unstoppable, but Henrik Lundqvist is better goaly, depends how he will save, but I think LA dont want so much cup they have won it, NYR has bigger motivation and same time not so huge pressure
----

apos;'
[image]
02.06.2014 - 17:26
Mattybu

Written by Bad English on 02.06.2014 at 16:22

Well final is here .... Los Angelos Kings vs New Your Rangers.... I think it will be 7 game series and NYR takes it , but I hope so, but seems to me LA is unstoppable, but Henrik Lundqvist is better goaly, depends how he will save, but I think LA dont want so much cup they have won it, NYR has bigger motivation and same time not so huge pressure

I really don't know who will win. Los Angeles is way ahead in terms of being a better team, but if the refs want NY to win a couple, or 4, they will. I would say the pressure is more on the Rangers too, actually. Since they haven't won it for so long, their fans will be a lot more disappointed if they don't win. Especially considering their team really isn't that good. If you compare the quality of hockey in MTL-NYR series to the quality of hockey in LA-CHI, it's not even close. LA and Chicago were playing on a whole different level (and it was more entertaining to watch too).

I personally think Quick is the better goalie, but they are both good.
10.07.2014 - 07:50
BlackMilk912

Damn, no post-cup shit talk? Its been over a month!

Though I live in Georgia, I'm a die hard Philadelphia Flyers fan. We had a terrible start to last season but I was really proud to see them turn it around as much as they did, Ive got high hopes for this coming season. I think they're gonna play their hearts out for Timmonen seeing as its gonna be his last year.
----
"Ya know what a shit rope is? Its a rope, covered with shit, that criminals try to hang on to. You see the shit acts like grease. And the more you try to climb up, the harder you try to hang on, the faster you slide down the shit rope...straight to j
10.07.2014 - 08:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BlackMilk912 on 10.07.2014 at 07:50
Though I live in Georgia, I'm a die hard Philadelphia Flyers fan. We had a terrible start to last season but I was really proud to see them turn it around as much as they did, Ive got high hopes for this coming season. I think they're gonna play their hearts out for Timmonen seeing as its gonna be his last year.

What are your thoughts on the Umberger deal? From what I understand he's been a headache since the day he was drafted and his first go with the Flyers didn't exactly go according to plan. Not to mention the fact you got him in exchange for your captain's best friend and linemate...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.07.2014 - 23:10
BlackMilk912

Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.07.2014 at 08:14

Written by BlackMilk912 on 10.07.2014 at 07:50

What are your thoughts on the Umberger deal? From what I understand he's been a headache since the day he was drafted and his first go with the Flyers didn't exactly go according to plan. Not to mention the fact you got him in exchange for your captain's best friend and linemate...

I was definitely not thrilled about it seeing that Hartnell was my favorite Flyer next to Coburn ever since Richards got ousted. But at the end of the day I really don't think they took RJ in to replace Scotty so much as to give themselves a little room to play with the starting line a bit. Scotty AND RJ are unfortunately past their prime I'm afraid but I think a Simmonds-Giroux-Read line has potential to be fucking showtime status, so hoooopefully they stick RJ on the line with somebody smarter like Vinny so to let these younger talents get up and shine. I've been really unhappy with Holmgren as a GM so I'm crossing my fingers Hextall knows what he's doing
----
"Ya know what a shit rope is? Its a rope, covered with shit, that criminals try to hang on to. You see the shit acts like grease. And the more you try to climb up, the harder you try to hang on, the faster you slide down the shit rope...straight to j
11.07.2014 - 00:17
Mattybu

At first I was really baffled at the Flyers getting rid of Hartnell but I think as a point producer he is on the decline. Still a very fun guy to watch though, and if there is any type of player who you really associate with a team he was one.

The Blue Jackets just signed Brian Gibbons too, which makes me say, come on Pittsburgh, you done goofed.
06.08.2014 - 14:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Russians are funny, they already start talk how Russia will win next OG in S Korea... isn't it stupid, c mon, Canada will not talk till 2018, same Sweden, Finland, actually non even talks about next play offs, just little news about upcoming season ... maybe this is reason why Rus always loose in OG since 1992 ... IMO its stupid, that coaches snow build schemes, say wah player will play... maybe IIHF will ban Rus from game same Olympic organization because of aggression in Ukr .... c mon I think its stupid talk how to win now, thgey did same shit when knew Sochi be hosting. What happened .... soviet days are over people , live today or go back in western 80's
----

apos;'
[image]
06.08.2014 - 17:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Russia won't win anything until they learn to keep the politics out of it, choose the best players available, and ice a team that plays a 200-foot game - or in case of international ice, a 210-foot game.

Choosing players based on where they play (or where they were drafted) instead of how they play is a big reason the Canadian juniors aren't doing so well recently.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.08.2014 - 11:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.08.2014 at 17:41

Russia won't win anything until they learn to keep the politics out of it, choose the best players available, and ice a team that plays a 200-foot game - or in case of international ice, a 210-foot game.

Choosing players based on where they play (or where they were drafted) instead of how they play is a big reason the Canadian juniors aren't doing so well recently.

Russia won WC, even I think Swe and Fin had chances beat them if they would play little Canadian, little dirty ... yes but still I think its stupid plan now what schemes looking what juniors will be good then and what cab be used,,, seems that nation has some mental problems , and I like when Canada wins over them.. it pisses Putin hahhaha
Yes Canada juniors don't do well now
----

apos;'
[image]
07.08.2014 - 17:35
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 07.08.2014 at 11:54
Russia won WC

Russia won because, unlike in Sochi, they bought into a system and actually played like a team - which isn't surprising considering players like Semin and Kovalchuk were injured and replaced by players with more drive, heart, and discipline, not to mention a more two-way mindset. The Olympic team played like a bunch of selfish superstars, probably because they were all dreaming of scoring some fancy overtime goal on a breakaway for the gold and streamers would explode from the sky and Putin would send in a team of exotic ice girls to start sucking Mr. OT Hero's dick in front of all the screaming fans, forcing the losing team to watch in disgrace. Or something like that.

Unfortunately for our junior team, it's a big challenge for the coaches to establish any kind of working system because they don't know what the roster will look like once the NHL season rolls around. They might have a number one powerplay and/or penalty kill unit in mind only to find that those players are going to be staying with their respective NHL club for the remainder of the year. I'm not buying into that excuse entirely though. The way our players have performed on the ice in these tournaments has been substandard to say the least.
----
07.08.2014 - 17:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.08.2014 at 17:35

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2014 at 11:54
Russia won WC

Russia won because, unlike in Sochi, they bought into a system and actually played like a team - which isn't surprising considering players like Semin and Kovalchuk were injured and replaced by players with more drive, heart, and discipline, not to mention a more two-way mindset. The Olympic team played like a bunch of selfish superstars, probably because they were all dreaming of scoring some fancy overtime goal on a breakaway for the gold and streamers would explode from the sky and Putin would send in a team of exotic ice girls to start sucking Mr. OT Hero's dick in front of all the screaming fans, forcing the losing team to watch in disgrace. Or something like that.

Unfortunately for our junior team, it's a big challenge for the coaches to establish any kind of working system because they don't know what the roster will look like once the NHL season rolls around. They might have a number one powerplay and/or penalty kill unit in mind only to find that those players are going to be staying with their respective NHL club for the remainder of the year. I'm not buying into that excuse entirely though. The way our players have performed on the ice in these tournaments has been substandard to say the least.

Rus has super huge pressure from fans and mainly from govemrent as in soviet times from the political party, party is gone , but idea is there
Even Brazil had no such pressure in the WC at home...
Young Tihanov , he speaks English so good, he is fool, he should take US citizenship
----

apos;'
[image]
07.08.2014 - 17:56
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Bad English on 07.08.2014 at 17:51
Rus has super huge pressure from fans and mainly from govemrent as in soviet times from the political party, party is gone , but idea is there

Thankfully for us there was absolutely no pressure for Team Canada to win in Vancouver.
----
07.08.2014 - 17:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.08.2014 at 17:56

Written by Bad English on 07.08.2014 at 17:51

Thankfully for us there was absolutely no pressure for Team Canada to win in Vancouver.

Yes its true and Canada start like tralalla, Russia roles over like big red maschine and in play offs fuel is out, Canada has fuel and also cannons
Can - Rus are example 7- 3
----

apos;'
[image]
22.08.2014 - 01:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Anyone watching CL in the hockey
one of rare where nat Tv no extra paying shows it I mean Swe
I was watching Djurgården 5-4 Fribourg-Gottéron
maybe not best game, happy see so many folks in the Hovet I mean, not best since its still training, season starts in early september, I mean many nat leagues and group stage be played till oktober, you know 6 teams one home one away whit each

Maybe I move and see Lulea playing against Hamburg Freezers, Lukko Lauma and Nottingham Pahethers
----

apos;'
[image]