‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]
Users visited: 421  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Bleed4Metal on 26.03.2010 at 19:39
I was never really into music as a kid. Than my uncles gave me some old school metal albums (Sabbath, Metallica, Pantera) and ever since its been metal through and through.

Page 9 of 9

Wingtorte

23.05.2014 at 18:47
My mother was into Alice Cooper, Pink Floyd, Queen, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin etc and my father into a lot of 60s/70s rock like Jethro Tull, The Eagles etc. Metal/rock was always around me as a kid (as well as music in general since my father was a musician who played a variety of genres and instruments, and also had a big cassette/vinyl collection). Like a lot of kids I listened basically to whatever my parents listened to until I was in middle school at which point I had a very brief/short punk phase before I discovered Slayer's Show No Mercy shortly after. Was at that point that I became a metalhead "proper," became obsessed and started exploring for myself at CD shops and in magazines (funny enough in the beginning a lot of those magazines I would just sit in the store and read until they kick me out lol I did by a lot of magazines back then, though...especially compared to now).
kewn

26.05.2014 at 12:32
A friend introduced me to Korn. As an angsty teenager i thought it was awesome, obviously. then another friend introduced us both to In Flames and one thing led to another
Delvestius

29.05.2014 at 05:33
My dead was an 80s metalhead. He got to see Black Sabbath, Dio, Black Sabbath with Dio, Metallica, Megadeth, Kiss, Accept, Mercyful Fate, Iron Maiden (six times), Judas Priest, Deep Purple and a few others I (and he) can't remember.

My first favorite band in grade school was Linkin Park. By freshman year of highschool I was into Dragonforce, but I quickly outgrew that and started listening to Iron Maiden, who my dad took me to see in '09, best concert of my life. The first genre I got really into was Folk Metal, though I was still never partial to the more extreme vocalists.

Amon Amarth is the band that started getting acclimated to dirty vocals, saw them in '11. I started listening to death and groove and dirty thrash, but it took me until the past year to fully appreciate black metal, and now some of my favorite bands include Immortal, Rotting Christ and Belphegor. I now consider myself a sifter of all metals, of which Industrial, Nu and Metalcore are not.
ditmas_duke

29.05.2014 at 17:59
Used to listen to Queen, AC/DC, Zeppelin in the mid 80's. Then got into Sabbath by hearing "Paranoid" and "Master Of Reality." Then I discovered your Judas Priest, Metallica, Maiden, etc. Then later on I got into the 2nd Carnivore LP and got way into playing fast. Started listening to more hardcore/punk as well. 6 months later Napalm Death released "Scum" and it blew my mind. Started getting more into death metal after that. Death and Bolt Thrower quickly became favorites.
Ganondox

20.06.2014 at 08:23
While living in Brazil Iron Maiden came, and I started listening to them. I also got my first iPod and headphones around the time I started watching MLP:FiM., and after I discovered SlutFox's remix of "Your Gonna Go Far Kid" I started listening to PMVs, which exposed to many bands, first DragonForce Skillet, then System of a Down, Disturbed, and Breaking Benjamin. (the first PMV I actually saw was for Battlefield by Blind Guardian, but I forgot about it). First metal genre I liked was power metal, and it just continued from there.
JayMo4

21.06.2014 at 21:51
The internet. Don't get me wrong; I loved a lot of the heavier music I had been exposed to before that: Metallica, Black Sabbath, 90's grunge stuff... But once I got online in the late 90's and started exploring I was shocked at how much was out there that I had never heard of before. I remember hearing Opeth for the first time and being actually angry that such music existed but no one had ever let me hear it before then. I truly felt like I had been deprived, like I was finally allowed to breathe fresh air and watch the sun set after spending a lifetime locked in a dark basement somewhere.

So I became a metalhead, and more than that an addict to exploring music in general. Having the ability to stream music, talk to people in forums, etc opened my ears to metal, classical, jazz, music from around the world, obscure releases off of smaller labels, etc. The only downside with so much available is that I know I can never come close to hearing everything I'd like to. In metal alone, I still feel like I haven't heard but maybe 10% of what I want to.
-Quatropus-

22.06.2014 at 06:07
Written by JayMo4 on 21.06.2014 at 21:51

The internet. Don't get me wrong; I loved a lot of the heavier music I had been exposed to before that: Metallica, Black Sabbath, 90's grunge stuff... But once I got online in the late 90's and started exploring I was shocked at how much was out there that I had never heard of before.

You know I was exactly the same. I listened to albums in my step dad's collection which consisted albums of Dio, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth, but I realized how much other things existed outside of what I was just listening to on MTV2 at the time (which was nu-metal stuff). I didn't even know there were so many genres and I really didn't get into them until years after.
Mad Arab666

24.06.2014 at 15:27
Listened to songs. Liked them enough to check them out. Simples.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
The Rabbit

25.06.2014 at 07:17
Rob Zombie was my gateway drug into the world of metal.
telephonebear

01.07.2014 at 19:32
A lot of you may wish to crucify me for this, but it was guitar hero. hearing two minutes to midnight for the first time was all i needed pique my interest in heavy metal
Guib

01.07.2014 at 20:20
Written by telephonebear on 01.07.2014 at 19:32

A lot of you may wish to crucify me for this, but it was guitar hero. hearing two minutes to midnight for the first time was all i needed pique my interest in heavy metal

A Mighty Fine song indeed. No wonder it got you into Heavy Metal
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
Mattybu

02.07.2014 at 07:55

Guitar hero wasn't what got me into metal music but it was what got me into playing guitar. I think it's awesome the game can be a gateway to inspire people like me to play or to expose people to new music they like
Scythe Culto

02.07.2014 at 08:48
When I pretty young maybe 10 or11 I was looking through some of my dad's old cds and found Metallica's Master of Puppets.
My dad listens to grunge mostly, bands like Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Bush and Pearl Jam but he likes some metal like Metallica, AC/DC and Guns N Roses, so he got me into those bands and a few more after I asked him about Metallica.
telephonebear

02.07.2014 at 23:42
Written by Mattybu on 02.07.2014 at 07:55

Guitar hero wasn't what got me into metal music but it was what got me into playing guitar. I think it's awesome the game can be a gateway to inspire people like me to play or to expose people to new music they like

ive always seen it as a brilliant and fun game, but do know of snobs that dismiss it for making kids feel like they can play guitar when there are only 5 possible notes
Mattybu

03.07.2014 at 00:58
Written by telephonebear on 02.07.2014 at 23:42

ive always seen it as a brilliant and fun game, but do know of snobs that dismiss it for making kids feel like they can play guitar when there are only 5 possible notes

Well it's obviously very different from playing a real guitar, but if kids wanna feel like they can play guitar, let em, not bothering me
MetalButt

10.07.2014 at 17:47
I used to be into rock,hip hop etc some years back.one of the first bands i heard was children of bodom,korn,metallica and all.really enjoyed them and sang their songs. another reason for me to become a metalhead is the idiocy of the music culture we are surrounded with. the lame and senseless lyrics,lack of good music,and the mindset of the artists in the pop culture made me repulsive to it and so i began listening to metal. and since i found no other genre good enough. metalhead for life \m/
decypher

14.07.2014 at 08:14
I heard Bon Jovi and Europe on the radio, asked a guy at school about taping "Slippery when wet" and "The Final Countdown" for me, the next day he gave me a tape with 3 Bon Jovi songs, 3 WASP Songs, 1 or 2 Running Wild Songs and "Maiden Japan" on the other side. I completely forgot about Europe and Bon Jovi...
exhibit-sbt

15.07.2014 at 01:25
70's Aerosmith, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, eventually Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, today, Toxic Holocaust, Carcass, Exodus, Skeletonwitch, Absu..
Slagmark

19.07.2014 at 00:15
After listening to punk for a few years, i saw Megadeth's Symphony of destruction on MTV in 2001, since that day i've been a metalhead!
----
https://soundcloud.com/algulsiento/sets/confined
https://www.facebook.com/AlgulSiento
Annable Courts

25.07.2014 at 17:33
Puddle of Mud as a teen, then the nu-metal scene, with Metallica's black album. Then death metal bands Kataklysm and Dying Fetus (for some reason, even though they were brutal and technical as hell...). Fear Factory were also very important for me.
----
Top 4 Death Metal bands ever: Cannibal, Morbid, Decapitated, Suffo.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]

Login or register to post here.